PDA

View Full Version : My Mods!

zzneonzz
02-25-2009, 12:04 PM
i have had my 2008 SE5 for almost 7 months now. In this time i have install quite a few mods. Most were comfort fitting mods others just for show. Of these mods the following have been the best so far for comfort.

BRP 1" Riser
Kewlmetal 5" pullback bars w console
Kewlmetal Highway pegs
Corbin front/rear Saddle with backrests
Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ Throttle Boss

For better visability I added the No Magic Triple Play / a must have!!!!!

For looks i added the No Magic Wizard lights / Its great to be able to change the color or scroll through the color.

I added a Zumo 450 GPS so i never lose my way well of course unless i want to :D

For the must have Music I picked up a Chatterbox XBI for the helmet and use my Ipod with a Bluetooth adapter.

And my last mod to mention is the Kewlmetal Cup Holder for those days when you just don't feel like stoping to get a drink

Now i'm ready for riding season that is almost here were i can just hit the road and not worry about the cold!!!

8LEGS
02-25-2009, 12:16 PM
:2thumbs: :nopic:

bjt
02-25-2009, 04:02 PM
:2thumbs: :nopic:
+1

nyfdtsdemt
02-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Re power coated Back rest. Webed graphics RAM mounted GPS ram mount IPOD! NEXT Up Floorboards and Foot rest!

Will be there for the BBQ fest!

See ya then Tim!:yikes:

zzneonzz
02-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Re power coated Back rest. Webed graphics RAM mounted GPS ram mount IPOD! NEXT Up Floorboards and Foot rest!

Will be there for the BBQ fest!

See ya then Tim!:yikes:

Awsome not to far away! You gonna have the spyder

nyfdtsdemt
02-28-2009, 01:27 AM
I am not really into the 17hr drive to get there but, if my buddy steve want to bring his HOG then i might drive instead of flying!

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Just mounted a set a Nelson Rigg CL-950 Saddle Bags and have a Tote bag arriving Tomorrowing so i'll be ready for some trips :D

Oh yea if anyone has some insite on getting the Rear seat of the spyder to latch with the Sattle bag straps under the seat please fill me in!!!!

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder004.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder005.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder006.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder007.jpg

docdoru
03-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Sharp :thumbup:

dltang
03-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Regarding the straps under the seat, you can put them under the seat but you may have to adjust the pin near the front part. It is the pin that look like the one for the front hood latch. That is what I did and now my seat goes down and latches even with the straps under it. Sometimes I do have to push a little more depending on how the straps are situated.

orangespydiegirl
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
How do you like the Corbin seat? I really want a back rest and there's not much options out yet. I know to each his own and all that but would like your opionion.

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 08:07 PM
How do you like the Corbin seat? I really want a back rest and there's not much options out yet. I know to each his own and all that but would like your opionion.

i LOVE the cobrin its very comfy and the backrest is a great thing. If you want to test it let me know and we can meet up anytime and you can check it out to see how you like it.

bjt
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Regarding the straps under the seat, you can put them under the seat but you may have to adjust the pin near the front part. It is the pin that look like the one for the front hood latch. That is what I did and now my seat goes down and latches even with the straps under it. Sometimes I do have to push a little more depending on how the straps are situated.

That works for your seat Deb, but his Corbin is a two piece and might not work very well with putting the straps under the seat. First thing, it doesn't look like you got the extension straps that everyone said Nelson-Rigg was giving to Spyder owners who bought their bags. Those may make it easier for you to get the straps under the seat.

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
That works for your seat Deb, but his Corbin is a two piece and might not work very well with putting the straps under the seat. First thing, it doesn't look like you got the extension straps that everyone said Nelson-Rigg was giving to Spyder owners who bought their bags. Those may make it easier for you to get the straps under the seat.

I can get them under the seat but the problem is latching the corbin. I might contact Nelson Rigg and see about the extended straps to see if they will make a difference. The corbin latches similar to the front and the trunk but its on the very back.

I just sent Nelson Rigg an e-mail so hopefully they will get back to me on this or i'll figure something else out lol

bjt
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Like she was saying, she had to adjust the front latch pin to make it stick out a little longer to allow the seat to latch with the straps under the seat. Maybe you can do the same thing with your Corbin rear seat latch. :dontknow: It appears from the pictures that the Corbin rear seat sits tighter to the Spyder's body side panels than the stock seat does and that may make it difficult to get the rear seat latched with straps under it. If so, even if you did latch it, you could run the risk of breaking the seat, the side panels, or both. :yikes:

zzneonzz
03-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Yea i'll have to see if i can adjust the latch any. I had to do that to the front seat just to get it to latched. I'll have a look at it tomorrow after work and post the results. Hopefully that will do it cuz i also have a Nelson Rigg Tote bag due to arrive tomorrow that will mount to the bags

nyfdtsdemt
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Tim,
Steve want to do the drive down to TN with the bikes so lets see......ya soon !

spyderbob3
03-09-2009, 10:35 PM
Where and when is the BBQ fest?

nyfdtsdemt
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
BBQ festival is may 14,15,16

zzneonzz
03-10-2009, 05:27 AM
BBQ festival is may 14,15,16

Awsome give me a call when you get in town.

orangespydiegirl
03-10-2009, 07:21 PM
i LOVE the cobrin its very comfy and the backrest is a great thing. If you want to test it let me know and we can meet up anytime and you can check it out to see how you like it.

That would be great, maybe soon the weather will be good and we can meet up and ride.

0228lisa
03-14-2009, 11:07 PM
Just mounted a set a Nelson Rigg CL-950 Saddle Bags and have a Tote bag arriving Tomorrowing so i'll be ready for some trips :D

Oh yea if anyone has some insite on getting the Rear seat of the spyder to latch with the Sattle bag straps under the seat please fill me in!!!!

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder004.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder005.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder006.jpg
http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq67/zzneonzz/Spyder007.jpg

I haven't read this entire thread but your steering column center (or whatever it's called) looks a million times better than the factory issue. What is it and how can I get it? It definitely takes away the cheezy factor. Nice. It'll look good with my phantom package.:thumbup:

Biker
03-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I love those bags and have checked them out on the Nelson Riggs Website. I do worry about the theft angle with the straps outside. Need to get those under the seat for sure.

zzneonzz
03-23-2009, 05:38 AM
I love those bags and have checked them out on the Nelson Riggs Website. I do worry about the theft angle with the straps outside. Need to get those under the seat for sure.

Yea i'm worried about that as well. And i found a way to get them under the seat if not carrying a passanger. I did however just get the extender straps in so i'll have to test it out with those to see if i can get the rear seat latched down with the straps under it now. Will update my findings once i've had time to test it

NancysToy
03-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Yea i'm worried about that as well. And i found a way to get them under the seat if not carrying a passanger. I did however just get the extender straps in so i'll have to test it out with those to see if i can get the rear seat latched down with the straps under it now. Will update my findings once i've had time to test it
You may have just as bad a theft probability with either strap location. I'm not sure about the Nelson Rigg bags, but many of these soft bags have plastic clips to attach the bag to the straps. These are easily disconnected. There is no foolproof way to protect anything, but a small cable and lock may give you peace of mind and stall casual theft. I like the Pacsafe retracable cable locks. Even electrical tie-wraps will slow a thief down, for that matter.

If the seat won't latch with the straps in place, adjust the latch post a bit.
-Scotty

zzneonzz
03-23-2009, 11:17 AM
You may have just as bad a theft probability with either strap location. I'm not sure about the Nelson Rigg bags, but many of these soft bags have plastic clips to attach the bag to the straps. These are easily disconnected. There is no foolproof way to protect anything, but a small cable and lock may give you peace of mind and stall casual theft. I like the Pacsafe retracable cable locks. Even electrical tie-wraps will slow a thief down, for that matter.

If the seat won't latch with the straps in place, adjust the latch post a bit.
-Scotty

The straps that go under/over the seat are sewn onto the bag itself. The only quick disconnects are the ones that secure it from flapping around at the bottom fo the bag. I know these can still be cut but its less likely someone is going to go through that trouble than to just unvelcro and hit the road.

I personally don't plan on leaving them on except for when going on trips and once i get to the hotel i'll be removing them so i only need to keep it secure for quick restroom/food stops.

nyfdtsdemt
03-28-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpmHD98dPpo

Diggittt
03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
YouTube - Night Spyder movie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpmHD98dPpo)

Nyfdtsdemt, what type of fender tips are those? They look to be H.I.D. Please advise.

diggittt

nyfdtsdemt
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
just plain old 4 bulb leds got them on ebay cheap like 5 bucks or so

burg650
03-28-2009, 08:29 PM
just plain old 4 bulb leds got them on ebay cheap like 5 bucks or so

Can you post the link to the front leds you got on ebay, I think they are great.
Also when adding extra light and or upgrading your light or any other electric accessories where is the best place to get power and also a switch source as well so when you turn off bike what ever you added will go off as well.

nyfdtsdemt
03-29-2009, 11:40 AM
It was almost a year ago, but not to worry, look in the CAN-AM owners manual and look up the replacement bulb # for it, then type the # and LED in the ebay search box and it will come up. That is how you can replace most BULBS not all even on your car.Let me know if that helps. Now if you want to do any electrical upgrades call LAMONSTER he is the expert on that I was advised by my dealer FRS Powersports to be very cautious when messing with the electrical system of the spyder....never ever ever cut into the harness it will void you you service waranty.

xpeschon
03-29-2009, 03:45 PM
About the BRP 1" Riser, are they hard to install and is there a great differance in riding comfort? Thanks in advance
Joe

zzneonzz
03-29-2009, 04:07 PM
About the BRP 1" Riser, are they hard to install and is there a great differance in riding comfort? Thanks in advance
Joe

It depends on your size i'm sure. But for me it helped some but adding the pullback bars helped more than anything. And the 1" is a pain to install from what i hear. I had mine installed by the dealer when i ordered the spyder.

nyfdtsdemt
03-29-2009, 04:24 PM
my bud here in PA did his took 2 days...........and he still had to call the dealer..... NMN kit is easier for most about 2-3 hrs of work an NMN Evan is pretty good on the phone:agree: