PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Baja Ron Sway Bar on a 2015 RT

DanT
04-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Hi, I'm the new owner of a 2015 RT Limited.
I've been reading about the Baja Ron Sway Bar and the ROLO system laser alignment and that they can improve the ride and handling of the bikes.

Is the Baja Ron Sway Bar something an average DYI guy can install and are there any special tools needed?

vstrommer
04-04-2016, 07:18 PM
Easy to do as long as you have the means to get the front end about 2 feet off the ground to get the old bar out and the new one in.....:thumbup:

Devious56
04-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Yes, the hardest part is getting the front of the spyder high enough to get the old bar out and the new bar in. 22 inches is recommended, but that is only remove and install the bar, everything else can be done with drive on ramps about 10 inches high. The bar will come with great instructions, just read and understand them before you start.

David

kngfsh27
04-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Not bad at all to change out. I used two motorcycle/atv lifts. One under each front tire. Took me about an hour and fifteen minutes start to finish. Take your time and work safely.

RussRT
04-04-2016, 09:03 PM
I just installed Rons sway bar on my 2015 RTL today. His directions are fantastic. I used car ramps with two inch blocks under ramp. Used a floor jack to go up high enough to get the old bar out and the new bar in. Lowered it back on the ramps and finished the job. Wasn't to hard at all!!

Chupaca
04-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Diy'fers can do this with the instructions provided...you need to be those that read instructions. .:roflblack: but as mentioned above the height is the tough part...:thumbup:

Big Will 51
04-05-2016, 02:43 PM
What is the advantage of putting the new sway bar on a 2015 RT? I have seen it come up again and again, but my bike seems to handle fine to me. It may be me still getting use to the difference from 2 wheels to 3.

Charlotte17078
04-22-2016, 03:40 PM
What is the advantage of putting the new sway bar on a 2015 RT? I have seen it come up again and again, but my bike seems to handle fine to me. It may be me still getting use to the difference from 2 wheels to 3.

I thought the same thing! You can't explain the difference, but, it is AMAZING!! The ryde is nice before you get it, and incredible with the new sway bar. Just added one on my 15 RT limited last week!

Charlotte17078
04-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi, I'm the new owner of a 2015 RT Limited.
I've been reading about the Baja Ron Sway Bar and the ROLO system laser alignment and that they can improve the ride and handling of the bikes.

Is the Baja Ron Sway Bar something an average DYI guy can install and are there any special tools needed?

Took mine to the dealer...1/2 hour and we were out the door!
Saved the hubs from trying to balance my bike on some contraption and my nerves helping him!!
:pray:

BajaRon
04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
I thought the same thing! You can't explain the difference, but, it is AMAZING!! The ryde is nice before you get it, and incredible with the new sway bar. Just added one on my 15 RT limited last week!

I get a lot of calls asking me to explain exactly what the sway bar does for the Spyder. And you're right. I can give you all kinds of technical data of exactly what the bar does. But all of that doesn't get the true effect across. But as soon as people get a chance to ride the bar. Their eyes light up and they go 'AH! Now I understand!

It's so much fun to see that look of comprehension.

Thanks everyone! You all do a better job of explaining my bar kit than I ever could! Enjoy the ride!

CMA/IBA_rider
04-22-2016, 04:03 PM
look like it be easy job

vstrommer
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Someone told me that the 2016 RT has a larger Sway Bar than the 2015's...... Is that true?....:dontknow:....

BajaRon
04-22-2016, 04:50 PM
Someone told me that the 2016 RT has a larger Sway Bar than the 2015's...... Is that true?....:dontknow:....

Sorry, not true. Same bar.

kngfsh27
04-22-2016, 05:10 PM
I get a lot of calls asking me to explain exactly what the sway bar does for the Spyder. And you're right. I can give you all kinds of technical data of exactly what the bar does. But all of that doesn't get the true effect across. But as soon as people get a chance to ride the bar. Their eyes light up and they go 'AH! Now I understand!

It's so much fun to see that look of comprehension.

Thanks everyone! You all do a better job of explaining my bar kit than I ever could! Enjoy the ride!
I rode last season completely OEM. I installed Ron's sway bar in early March and the shock adjusters three weeks ago. Made my RTL a completely different ride for the better. It handles the the curves like I'm on two wheels. Makes a big difference in the wind. The shock adjusters have got front end off the ground, which is really nice when I am running the old county roads. The shock adjusters have also cut down on thpe brake dive. I can not even think of going back to OEM.

garageguy
04-22-2016, 08:06 PM
Baja Ron's instructions are great. Easy install and while you have the RT off the ground, install a bumpskid from Spyderpops.

Jfhaas
04-22-2016, 08:32 PM
About lifting the front end, my driveway has about 18" wide drain. Position bike over drain and it made it easy to install sway bar.

BajaRon
04-22-2016, 10:56 PM
About lifting the front end, my driveway has about 18" wide drain. Position bike over drain and it made it easy to install sway bar.

Should I add this one to my instructions? I can see it now. Spyder owners riding around looking for storm drains with a bar kit in one hand and tools in the other! :roflblack:

You all come up with ideas that I'd never have thought of! :thumbup:

Jfhaas
04-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Remember the old pits in some garages. Had one in our first house and that gave me the idea.

JP58
04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
Is the bar pronounced BA JA OR BA HA Just wondering.

BajaRon
04-24-2016, 10:39 PM
Is the bar pronounced BA JA OR BA HA Just wondering.

It is pronounced BaHa. But spelled BaJa. That is because Baja is Spanish. And in Spanish the 'J' carries the English 'H' sound. I'm sure that clears it all up for everyone! :roflblack:

Shiznit98204
04-25-2016, 01:50 PM
It is pronounced BaHa. But spelled BaJa. That is because Baja is Spanish. And in Spanish the 'J' carries the English 'H' sound. I'm sure that clears it all up for everyone! :roflblack:

And after you install one you can't help but yell "YEE-HAH!" due to the handling improvements. :thumbup:

spidergreg
04-25-2016, 02:02 PM
And after you install one you can't help but yell "YEE-HAH!" due to the handling improvements. :thumbup:

wouldn't that actually be YEE-JAJ!" :roflblack:

KJWEB
04-25-2016, 02:49 PM

No Engleesh! :D

BajaRon
04-25-2016, 03:02 PM
wouldn't that actually be YEE-JAJ!" :roflblack:

I was going to say this but I thought better of it. But I'm really glad that you did! :thumbup: