PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Spyder RT-S SE6

Sonnymerrill
04-02-2016, 09:49 PM
My wife and I just bought a 2015 RT-S SE6. We really love it. We have added some things ( arm rests and cup holders). I am looking for suggestions on what to do next. I was thinking either new exhaust ( I want something a little louder), or maybe LED lighting. We have the lights on my 2013 F-150 FX4 and really like it. I have heard on VLOGS that it is a real bad idea to add after market lights or anything electrical on Spyders. They say that it will give error codes and put it in Limp Home Mode. I would also like to know if I can buy a GPS that will fit on it?
WE are not sure what we will add next and would like help on either one. Thanks in advance

Chupaca
04-02-2016, 09:56 PM
to both the spyder world and this site :thumbup: Good place to start is all the safety items you would like. Then move on to the comfrot and handling items and then the bells and whistles. :yes: As for lights , if you work with the vendors here you will find they have addressed the problems and have some great lights to add...

BajaRon
04-02-2016, 10:03 PM
I wouldn't worry about lighting. Just stay away from cheap junk and sloppy installs and you'll be fine. I agree with Chupaca (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?11282-Chupaca) above. Go with the sponsors on this page and you'll be very happy and trouble free too!

JayBros
04-02-2016, 10:34 PM
Congratulations! Ride a good bit and decide after some miles just what you must have, would like to have, and the extra stuff that some might call bling. To each his own.

Yes, you can install a GPS. The 2015 RTs used the Garmin Zumo 590 as the OEM device. You can get the BRP mount complete with wiring harness or any of a number of other mounting options. There are hereon many owner opinons on how to skin the cat. Some owners use the GPS function on their smart phones and others even use iPads. IMO, if you opt for some type of GPS it's well worth it to have a device that locks it to the Spyder so you can answer nature's call and make other short departures from your Spyder without having a lookout watching your device or having to remove it every time you're going to be out of sight of your machine.

Tango
04-03-2016, 10:08 AM
:2excited::welcome::congrats:

Bob Denman
04-03-2016, 11:18 AM
1330club :nopic: :2thumbs: