PDA

View Full Version : My Spyder's at Pitbull's

PrairieSpyder
03-31-2016, 09:37 PM
Yesterday, I returned the rental car to Stillwater, Okla., rented a box truck and picked up my Spyder from the dealer there. They were nice about getting it loaded for me and tying it down. Then I set out for the 250 or so miles to Springfield, Mo., to have Len's folks look at it. I got through Tulsa in some rain, but before the tornado hit. Len's techs have a handle on the problem, but they couldn't fix it right away. So I kept the truck and drove it home, and I'll turn it in here tomorrow. So I'll try to hitch a ride to Spyderfest and pick up my Spyder then.

I learned a few things while at Pitbull's. (1) I'm right-side-up in my Spyder loan, and I'd have some equity to trade in on an F3T. (2) I'm really liking the F3T, but I want to give it a real test ryde first. And (3) I should never have walked into Pitbull without some blinders!!! :lecturef_smilie:

Ron2andia
03-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Congrats on your upcoming purchase lol:yes:

ARtraveler
03-31-2016, 09:45 PM
Glad to hear you got the :spyder2: problem solved. From what you posted, I was wondering if you were going to let the other dealer really work to get your problem solved. They sounded scary to me.

Test ride the F3T well before you make a decision. I personally do not like the feel, just sitting on it. I have yet to make a test ride so the jury is out. The T has fewer amenities than the RT. The looks are outstanding...and that is what still draws me a bit.

And now, pending medical stuff, so I am going to wait for the moment.

We are dying to hear what you end up doing. :popcorn::bbq:

The good side--I now will have two great field testers to beta test the F3 in advance for me. :yes:

Chupaca
03-31-2016, 09:46 PM
What happened to #3..?? :roflblack: Happens to ohhh so many...I think you've been bit and doomed. I see you ryding home on an F3 come spyderfest time..:ohyea:

armyspydervet
03-31-2016, 09:48 PM
I am fighting the same urge myself. Maybe we will make the plunge together at Spyderfest :shemademe_smilie:

spyderyderjim
03-31-2016, 10:04 PM
Yesterday, I returned the rental car to Stillwater, Okla., rented a box truck and picked up my Spyder from the dealer there. They were nice about getting it loaded for me and tying it down. Then I set out for the 250 or so miles to Springfield, Mo., to have Len's folks look at it. I got through Tulsa in some rain, but before the tornado hit. Len's techs have a handle on the problem, but they couldn't fix it right away. So I kept the truck and drove it home, and I'll turn it in here tomorrow. So I'll try to hitch a ride to Spyderfest and pick up my Spyder then.

I learned a few things while at Pitbull's. (1) I'm right-side-up in my Spyder loan, and I'd have some equity to trade in on an F3T. (2) I'm really liking the F3T, but I want to give it a real test ryde first. And (4) I should never have walked into Pitbull without some blinders!!! :lecturef_smilie:

Patti,
Good to hear you moved your RT To Len's Pit Crew to repair it, (the best of the best)!!
Good news your thinking of 2016 F3 T; (wait until you sit on the Intense Red, try not to drool, ha).
I have 15,500+ miles on my 2015 F3S & love every minute I ride it, especially firm & stable thru the corners (like on Hwy 125 in Mo).
(If you buy the 2016 F3 SE6 T; the Aluminum side bars mounts with Givi N141 Wingrack to hold a V56 Givi topcase like I have on my F3S will give you enough storage).
Thanks for RT update.
Jim

DJFaninTN
03-31-2016, 10:16 PM
told you that you'd have good news this week! :thumbup:

cptjam
03-31-2016, 11:02 PM
We got one that way: Ann's 2010 broke, so, while there at Pitbull, she got the shortbus.
Problem solved! Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-31-2016, 11:32 PM

I learned a few things while at Pitbull's. (1) I'm right-side-up in my Spyder loan, and I'd have some equity to trade in on an F3T. (2) I'm really liking the F3T, but I want to give it a real test ryde first. And (4) I should never have walked into Pitbull without some blinders!!! :lecturef_smilie:
....:yes::yes::yes:...Glad to hear you are on the way to a solution..........Although Kansas is not exactly on my way to Springfield ( from Vermont )...I could detour straight On I-70 towards Kansas City then on to you.....Sooooooo you can keep me on the back burner for a ride if nothing coming from the northwest turns up.........and some good news is I'm driving a Truck so X-tra bags won't be an issue.......Mike :bbq:

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 12:07 AM
Congrats on your upcoming purchase lol:yes:

No promises. ;)

What happened to #3..?? :roflblack: Happens to ohhh so many...I think you've been bit and doomed. I see you ryding home on an F3 come spyderfest time..:ohyea:

#3? Dang!! I didn't know there'd be a test when I was learning stuff at Pitbull! I always had the same problem in math class. I understood it in class, but forgot it as soon as I walked out the door. (Obviously, I also missed a lesson in typing class!)

I am fighting the same urge myself. Maybe we will make the plunge together at Spyderfest :shemademe_smilie:

I think Spyderfest is the earliest I'll make a decision. If there'd been a reason to stay in Springfield another night, I'd have tried for a long test-drive. But it's rainy and cool here, so I wouldn't have been too comfortable ryding it home tomorrow.

We got one that way: Ann's 2010 broke, so, while there at Pitbull, she got the shortbus.
Problem solved! Joe

It will be all about the ryde, Joe. Just sitting on one doesn't really tell me much. But I really do like the looks.

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 12:09 AM
Glad to hear you got the :spyder2: problem solved. From what you posted, I was wondering if you were going to let the other dealer really work to get your problem solved. They sounded scary to me.

Test ride the F3T well before you make a decision. I personally do not like the feel, just sitting on it. I have yet to make a test ride so the jury is out. The T has fewer amenities than the RT. The looks are outstanding...and that is what still draws me a bit.

And now, pending medical stuff, so I am going to wait for the moment.

We are dying to hear what you end up doing. :popcorn::bbq:

The good side--I now will have two great field testers to beta test the F3 in advance. :yes:

For some reason, Dwayne, I was thinking you already got an F3. My mistake.

I called the other dealer Tuesday morning and asked how it was going. They said they hadn't found the problem, and had called BRP, who couldn't figure it out either. He also couldn't tell me the specific codes it was getting. (Like he never wrote them down?) So I told him to put it back together and I'd come to get it the next day.

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Patti,
Good to hear you moved your RT To Len's Pit Crew to repair it, (the best of the best)!!
Good news your thinking of 2016 F3 T; (wait until you sit on the Intense Red, try not to drool, ha).
I have 15,500+ miles on my 2015 F3S & love every minute I ride it, especially firm & stable thru the corners (like on Hwy 125 in Mo).
(If you buy the 2016 F3 SE6 T; the Aluminum side bars mounts with Givi N141 Wingrack to hold a V56 Givi topcase like I have on my F3S will give you enough storage).
Thanks for RT update.
Jim

It's the Intense red I'm most liking. If you come to Spyderfest, I'd like to see your topcase and how it's mounted, Jim. You're just a fountain of good ideas. Thanks.

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 12:14 AM
....:yes::yes::yes:...Glad to hear you are on the way to a solution..........Although Kansas is not exactly on my way to Springfield ( from Vermont )...I could detour straight On I-70 towards Kansas City then on to you.....Sooooooo you can keep me on the back burner for a ride if nothing coming from the northwest turns up.........and some good news is I'm driving a Truck so X-tra bags won't be an issue.......Mike :bbq:

Thanks for the offer, Mike, but I'm way out of your way. I may have a possible ryde lined up already. If push comes to shove, I can get a bus for less than $50 and less than a day to get there.

Fred-WA
04-01-2016, 12:29 AM
With what you have gone through when we get to SpyderFest lets have a shot of tequila, a lemon and some salt.😂 Life is too short to worry about limp mode.

cptjam
04-01-2016, 01:48 AM
I'll drink to that, Fred! See you in Springfield! Joe

PW2013STL
04-01-2016, 05:42 AM

Drink - drink -did someone say drink :cheers:

I would be happy to join you all in a drink :ohyea:

vided
04-01-2016, 05:54 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127011&stc=1

Bob Denman
04-01-2016, 06:50 AM
:shocked: Patti... Patti... Patti...
How could you go anywhere NEAR Len's; without having someone along to help keep you strong??? :dontknow:
:D
If your new F3 isn't ready; you can use my bike for a day or two! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 08:36 AM
With what you have gone through when we get to SpyderFest lets have a shot of tequila, a lemon and some salt.😂 Life is too short to worry about limp mode.

Drink - drink -did someone say drink :cheers:

I would be happy to join you all in a drink :ohyea:

Make mine a virgin margarita, but I'll be right beside you all and laugh really hard when you stumble! :popcorn:

PrairieSpyder
04-01-2016, 08:37 AM
:shocked: Patti... Patti... Patti...
How could you go anywhere NEAR Len's; without having someone along to help keep you strong??? :dontknow:
:D
If your new F3 isn't ready; you can use my bike for a day or two! :thumbup:

I wouldn't deprive you of your ride, Bob, but I might ride 'bitch' if you're going my way.

Bob Denman
04-01-2016, 09:18 AM
I'd let you have the front seat; I would tell folks that you're the Chauffeur!! :D :2thumbs:
(Looking forward to seeing that new F3 parked alongside my old Limited at Lambert's!)

Tango
04-01-2016, 10:34 AM
Patti glad you made the decision to get it to Pitbull. They will right the ship. On the other hand. Make sure you bring the title to your spyder with you. :roflblack: It sounds like you might be parting ways with it. :dontknow: See you soon either way. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
04-01-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi Tom!
When are you heading West? :D
Are you part of our Caravan?

By the way: Happy Birthday!!!

ARtraveler
04-01-2016, 01:39 PM
For some reason, Dwayne, I was thinking you already got an F3. My mistake.

I called the other dealer Tuesday morning and asked how it was going. They said they hadn't found the problem, and had called BRP, who couldn't figure it out either. He also couldn't tell me the specific codes it was getting. (Like he never wrote them down?) So I told him to put it back together and I'd come to get it the next day.

Thinking heavily. Was considering the LTD version because I want the radio and thought that the real chrome would be neat for once. Dealer has three LTD's ordered. One in each color, but they wont arrive for another month or so.

My test sitting was on the dealers F3 (2015 version) but he had it farkled up to look like a T version.

Don't know how many weeks I will be off my :spyder2: once the surgery is done, but I still have 4 more weeks to ride before the big day. :yes:

Tango
04-01-2016, 07:24 PM
Hi Tom!
When are you heading West? :D
Are you part of our Caravan?

By the way: Happy Birthday!!!

Bob wife and I are leaving Sunday morning. She has a route all planned out.:shemademe_smilie: Resy's already made. Trying to stay out of the mountains. Will be there Tuesday sometime. :dontknow: Staying at the Comfort Inn the first night. Then onto the BWCH. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Fred-WA
04-05-2016, 01:52 AM

OK - a drink to celebrate New bike ownership🕷

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-16-2016, 01:16 PM
Patti, what's the latest? Did you ever find out what broke down with your RT?

Have you decided to get an F3?

Bob Denman
04-16-2016, 02:45 PM
:agree: :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

PrairieSpyder
04-16-2016, 03:39 PM
Patti, what's the latest? Did you ever find out what broke down with your RT?

Have you decided to get an F3?

:agree: :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: :bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq::bbq:

Yes, Mac, I am getting a new F3T which I'll pick up at SF. I'll tell yawl the story of my RT when I see you. (Gotta save something to talk about there!)

Bob Denman
04-16-2016, 04:20 PM
:congrats: Thank goodness!! :D
I thought that you were gonna wear me out, with talk about how your Team spanked my team last Fall... :roflblack:

Tango
04-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Very nice Patti. Congrats! :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

cnl414
04-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Oh Patti,

Congratulations on the F3T.:congrats: I'm so jealous, especially if it is a red one.
Have fun,
Charlotte

cptjam
04-16-2016, 11:18 PM
Are you getting the red one? Sweet! Congratulations !! Joe

PW2013STL
04-17-2016, 12:04 AM

If Patti is then I am officially jealous as I seen one at Caswell's today. An F3L an "Sweet" is a great description!

PrairieSpyder
04-17-2016, 07:55 AM

If Patti is then I am officially jealous as I seen one at Caswell's today. An F3L an "Sweet" is a great description!

Yes it's the red one. But it's the T, not the Ltd. The Ltd has chrome where the T is black. The T also has a black rear fender, mirror mounts, dash and tank; but I'll be decorating those.

armyspydervet
04-17-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how you modified yours. The bulk of my money will probably go to TRICLED at Spyderfest. I already added a bunch of stuff from Lamonster to my T. I HIGHLY recommend Lamonster's fog light kit. You can't beat it for $220.

PrairieSpyder
04-17-2016, 08:51 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing how you modified yours. The bulk of my money will probably go to TRICLED at Spyderfest. I already added a bunch of stuff from Lamonster to my T. I HIGHLY recommend Lamonster's fog light kit. You can't beat it for $220.

I'll be shopping at TricLED and Spyderpops, mostly.

PW2013STL
04-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Yes it's the red one. But it's the T, not the Ltd. The Ltd has chrome where the T is black. The T also has a black rear fender, mirror mounts, dash and tank; but I'll be decorating those.

Looking forward to seeing it :2thumbs:

Buggy
04-17-2016, 07:15 PM
:congrats: On the new :spyder2:

Fred-WA
04-18-2016, 09:13 AM
Let's see if Karyl gets a F3???

PrairieSpyder
04-18-2016, 10:50 AM
Let's see if Karyl gets a F3???

I think she might, if she likes the ride.

Bob Denman
04-18-2016, 11:02 AM
She's leaving today...
Patti; :lecturef_smilie: I don't want you acting like a "bad influence" on her... :D

:joke::joke::joke::joke:

PrairieSpyder
04-23-2016, 08:07 PM
Well, I can say now that the problem with my Spyder last month was a broken valve spring.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128584&stc=1

The piece the valve rides on stayed in place, though, so there was no damage to the cylinder or piston. He said it was probably lucky it happened at idle, and not while I was going down the highway. I was also lucky it happened under warranty (just short of the 2-year mark and before the extended warrenty kicked in). Otherwise it would have been about a $3,000 repair bill.

Michaelscs
04-23-2016, 08:14 PM
Hey Patti, maybe you said and I missed it, how many miles were on your RT when it went?

PrairieSpyder
04-23-2016, 08:24 PM
Hey Patti, maybe you said and I missed it, how many miles were on your RT when it went?

About 25k miles. Len said he's never heard of this happening on the 1330 engine before. If it had been damage to the cylinder or such, they may have had to replace the whole engine. Lucky for BRP, it was something they could fix.

I just wish the first dealer who looked at it was up to the task. It just goes to show that the dealer you use makes all the difference. I can't sing the praises enough of Len and his "Pitcrew". They found the problem and are taking care of it. (Probably finished by now.) The first dealer (in Stillwater, Okla) didn't have a clue, even after consulting the BRP. After I got it to Pitbull's, they knew within an hour that it was something in the engine and would need to be tore down.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-23-2016, 08:55 PM
Well, I can say now that the problem with my Spyder last month was a broken valve spring.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=128584&stc=1

The piece the valve rides on stayed in place, though, so there was no damage to the cylinder or piston. He said it was probably lucky it happened at idle, and not while I was going down the highway. I was also lucky it happened under warranty (just short of the 2-year mark and before the extended warrenty kicked in). Otherwise it would have been about a $3,000 repair bill.
. :yikes: Patti, even under the " EXTENDED WARRANTY " the repair would only have been $ 50.00 from you...You do have B.E.S.T. coverage - correct ?????........ Mike :bbq:

PrairieSpyder
04-23-2016, 09:01 PM
. :yikes: Patti, even under the " EXTENDED WARRANTY " the repair would only have been $ 50.00 from you...You do have B.E.S.T. coverage - correct ?????........ Mike :bbq:

Yes, Mike.

Deanna777
04-24-2016, 09:45 AM
:congrats: on your new red F3-T :clap: Deanna

Highwayman2013
04-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Wow, bad spring. Let's hope it's an isolated thing.