PDA

View Full Version : What Dealer Offers Best Price on BEST warranty?

robmorg
03-29-2016, 02:44 PM
I got my 2013 RT with a promotional 2-year BRP warranty extension (for a total of 4 years coverage) when I bought my Spyder in 2013. It'll expire next year. According to BRP customer service, I can buy one more year of coverage from any BRP dealer, if I want to. I'll check with my dealer on price first, but I'd think that any dealer in the country would offer to sell me another year's extension.

I also assume that, like any extended warranty package, the dealer has a lot of discretion on what they charge. Does anyone know of a dealer out there anywhere who offers a nice discount when extending the BEST warranty?

jcthorne
03-29-2016, 03:02 PM
I got my 2013 RT with a promotional 2-year BRP warranty extension (for a total of 4 years coverage) when I bought my Spyder in 2013. It'll expire next year. According to BRP customer service, I can buy one more year of coverage from any BRP dealer, if I want to. I'll check with my dealer on price first, but I'd think that any dealer in the country would offer to sell me another year's extension.

I also assume that, like any extended warranty package, the dealer has a lot of discretion on what they charge. Does anyone know of a dealer out there anywhere who offers a nice discount when extending the BEST warranty?

Just recently purchased one for my F3. Got quotes from a number of dealers including several that are sponsors here. Ended up buying from Bert's MegaMall. iMotorsports was a very close second on my bidders list.

Big Arm
03-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Bert's Mega Mall usually gives a very good price. You may also want to give Pillbull Powersports a call too.

NorCalBud
03-29-2016, 03:48 PM
I acquired a quote from Bert's MegaMall because everyone here said they had the best pricing. They did. I happened by my local Dealer and they (grudgingly) price-matched. Perhaps I could have squeezed a few more bucks outta the deal, but doubtful.... This was still hundreds less than the original price that the dealer wanted when I bought my RTL.... Good Luck!

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-29-2016, 04:06 PM
I acquired a quote from Bert's MegaMall because everyone here said they had the best pricing. They did. I happened by my local Dealer and they (grudgingly) price-matched. Perhaps I could have squeezed a few more bucks outta the deal, but doubtful.... This was still hundreds less than the original price that the dealer wanted when I bought my RTL.... Good Luck!
:agree: ......with trying this tactic........Because THEY MUST HONOR THE BEST WARRANTY whether they sell it to you or someone else does !!!!.... and because they get a CUT of the SALE.....it's in their best interest to SELL it to you. You can bring the print -out of the price offer from Bert's with you.....I would ......( Some money is way better than NO money ).........Mike :bbq:

ARtraveler
03-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Bert's seems to be the site favorite for low ball on Best Warranty.

slick999
03-29-2016, 05:57 PM
Bert's Mega Mall usually gives a very good price. You may also want to give Pillbull Powersports a call too.

I sent several emails to Berts and Powersports inquiring about a price for the Best Warranty,never got a reply.Last week while out on a ride I stopped at a dealer and inquired about getting 3 more years added on to the 2 I already had.They quoted me a price of 1100.00,I passed.Got home and called the dealer I purchased my RT Ltd from and they quoted a price of 900.00 for 3 additional years.When I purchased the RT in Sept I was quoted a price of 850.00 but they said BRP raised the price this past Jan but since it has been only a couple of months they still gave it to me for 850.00.I was told this is the first time BRP raised it in 2 years.

jcthorne
03-29-2016, 06:49 PM
I sent several emails to Berts and Powersports inquiring about a price for the Best Warranty,never got a reply.Last week while out on a ride I stopped at a dealer and inquired about getting 3 more years added on to the 2 I already had.They quoted me a price of 1100.00,I passed.Got home and called the dealer I purchased my RT Ltd from and they quoted a price of 900.00 for 3 additional years.When I purchased the RT in Sept I was quoted a price of 850.00 but they said BRP raised the price this past Jan but since it has been only a couple of months they still gave it to me for 850.00.I was told this is the first time BRP raised it in 2 years.

Try $688. That is the policy I bought from Berts.

bmccaffrey
03-29-2016, 07:04 PM
$650.00 from Berts

SierraCycles
03-29-2016, 07:29 PM
Please call Sierra Cycles and talk to David (520)459-2589 with your VIN and he will gladly price it out for you...

Cruzr Joe
03-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Sweet Talk to Vanessa at PitBull Powersports (417) 863-1418 for the best price in town.

Cruzr Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-29-2016, 07:52 PM
$650.00 from Berts
....FOR HOW MANY YEARS ????..........Mike :bbq:

lou49
03-29-2016, 09:59 PM
UOBLUEKNIGHT911;1109429]....FOR HOW MANY YEARS ????..........Mike :bbq:[/QUOTE]
Good question, Mike!

Im interested, but i need to know not only the price, but also the years of coverage!

GeorgiaBill
03-30-2016, 05:40 AM
Rob, I'm one year behind you with my warranty expiring in September 2018. Another year would be great. Would you please post back with your best price for the additional year.

Thanks
-Bill

slick999
03-30-2016, 07:40 AM
Of course it matters which model you have and for how many years your extending.Here are the prices my dealer gave me.

RS Models ST,RT and F3 Models
1 yr 400.00 1 Yr 480.00
2 yr 640.00 2 Yr 720.00
3 yr 750.00 3 Yr 850.00

bronzeflex42
03-30-2016, 09:04 AM
This is a good thread. I have another year left on my BEST Warranty. I have been thinking of some more coverage also. Do anyone know any good dealers to talk to in GA? :dontknow:

jcthorne
03-30-2016, 09:19 AM
....FOR HOW MANY YEARS ????..........Mike :bbq:

Three additional years. 5 total.

murphybrown
03-30-2016, 09:30 AM
I am so not mechanical or techie and this is great insurance to have. Something goes haywire on our beloved Spyder's and they can be an expensive fix. Bert's Mega Mall always seems to have the BEST (best!!) pricing, but on my '14 I got their price and then gave Pitbull an opportunity and they met...
Just an example on my '10 RT at around 70k it had a major engine fail...$50 deductible and a very pricey shop bill was avoided. And the BEST follows the Spyder...so when you trade in it stays with the Spyder... :thumbup:

robmorg
03-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Rob, I'm one year behind you with my warranty expiring in September 2018. Another year would be great. Would you please post back with your best price for the additional year.

Thanks
-BillYeah, I will. And THANK YOU, everyone for your advise on who to buy from. :thumbup:

This is a good thread. I have another year left on my BEST Warranty. I have been thinking of some more coverage also. Do anyone know any good dealers to talk to in GA? :dontknow:You don't have to buy it locally, You can buy it from any dealer in the country via email or phone. All BRP dealers will honor the BEST extended coverage.

GeorgiaBill
03-31-2016, 05:36 AM
Thank you, Rob.

I agree on the local/email route. I bought a new Subaru Forester 24 months ago with a 3 year 36 month warranty. With 30,500 miles on the odometer, an extended warranty will be purchased soon - 100,000 miles and 6 years or 7 years. Buying out-of-state is not subject to Georgia Sales Tax.

-Bill

Yeah, I will. And THANK YOU, everyone for your advise on who to buy from. :thumbup:

You don't have to buy it locally, You can buy it from any dealer in the country via email or phone. All BRP dealers will honor the BEST extended coverage.

draboo
03-31-2016, 04:33 PM
http://www.eastbaymotorsports.com/m_results.asppors

JCWeatherman
03-31-2016, 04:50 PM
Hey Rob, when you have a price on the best deal, please post it. I would also be interested to see if the Sport and Turf gang would match the best price.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Blade
04-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Hi
I extended my spyder warranty for $800 for three years through my dealer.

Blade

robmorg
04-14-2016, 06:29 PM

Thanks
-Bill

Sorry, to not reply earlier, Bill. I decided not to follow through with the purchase of one additional year on the warranty and it slipped my mind.

I found out from a dealer whom I trust that BRP currently charges a dealer about $322 for one year of BEST warranty. It does not matter if the the owner already has the warranty and just wants to extend it an additional year, or if the owner just wants to buy one year of coverage. (The more years you buy at one time, the less expensive it is "per year" of coverage.)

In addition, I learned that unless you buy your BEST warranty within so many months of the purchase of your Spyder, there is also a $70 "contract fee" that BRP adds to the cost. Even though I got two years coverage at the time of purchase, I would still have to pay the "contract fee" at this point to add another year. So the total dealer cost would be just under $400 for that one year. (My dealer offered to sell it to me for $450, which I thought was fair.)

The reason I decided against purchasing another year for my existing Best Warranty was two-fold. First that seems like a lot of money to extend the warranty just one more year, when I still have 18 months left on it. Secondly, I had removed the catalytic converter as a means of dealing with the excess heat on my 2013 RTL prior to the heat recall last summer. As a result, BRP knows that I did this and has tagged my existing warranty with this information. While this information would not VOID my warranty, or prevent me from extending it another year, if I chose to do so, it could possibly have the effect of giving BRP an "out" to deny a major engine claim, should they be looking for an "out". I'm not saying that would happen, but it is just another reason that I chose not to pay over $400 to extend my warranty for just one more year (which is the most I could have purchased). (If I change my mind, I can still purchase that one additional year, at the same price, anytime within the next 18 months, while my existing coverage is still in effect, UNLESS BRP raises the cost to the dealer.)

PS... I appreciate all the recommendations that folks gave me in this thread. I did not specifically call Bert's Mega Mall, or Pitbull Powersports for a quote, but I did get a PM from David at Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ who did offer me a VERY attractive price for a one year extension. I would definately recomend a call to them if anyone wants to buy or extend a BEST warranty policy.

GeorgiaBill
04-15-2016, 04:56 AM
Thanks Rob, that is good info to have. I'll refer to this link a few months before my warranty expires. I hope that my bike is still good and I am also still good at that time, and would be inclined to sell a few months before the warranty expires. That would give potential purchasers some peace of mind, knowing they are protected for a few months.

Thanks also for the private note referring me to your recent response.

-Bill

Sorry, to not reply earlier, Bill. I decided not to follow through with the purchase of one additional year on the warranty and it slipped my mind.

I found out from a dealer whom I trust that BRP currently charges a dealer about $322 for one year of BEST warranty. It does not matter if the the owner already has the warranty and just wants to extend it an additional year, or if the owner just wants to buy one year of coverage. (The more years you buy at one time, the less expensive it is "per year" of coverage.)

In addition, I learned that unless you buy your BEST warranty within so many months of the purchase of your Spyder, there is also a $70 "contract fee" that BRP adds to the cost. Even though I got two years coverage at the time of purchase, I would still have to pay the "contract fee" at this point to add another year. So the total dealer cost would be just under $400 for that one year. (My dealer offered to sell it to me for $450, which I thought was fair.)

The reason I decided against purchasing another year for my existing Best Warranty was two-fold. First that seems like a lot of money to extend the warranty just one more year, when I still have 18 months left on it. Secondly, I had removed the catalytic converter as a means of dealing with the excess heat on my 2013 RTL prior to the heat recall last summer. As a result, BRP knows that I did this and has tagged my existing warranty with this information. While this information would not VOID my warranty, or prevent me from extending it another year, if I chose to do so, it could possibly have the effect of giving BRP an "out" to deny a major engine claim, should they be looking for an "out". I'm not saying that would happen, but it is just another reason that I chose not to pay over $400 to extend my warranty for just one more year (which is the most I could have purchased). (If I change my mind, I can still purchase that one additional year, at the same price, anytime within the next 18 months, while my existing coverage is still in effect, UNLESS BRP raises the cost to the dealer.)

PS... I appreciate all the recommendations that folks gave me in this thread. I did not specifically call Bert's Mega Mall, or Pitbull Powersports for a quote, but I did get a PM from David at Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista, AZ who did offer me a VERY attractive price for a one year extension. I would definately recomend a call to them if anyone wants to buy or extend a BEST warranty policy.

robmorg
04-15-2016, 06:09 AM
That sounds like a good plan, Bill. As for me, I don't have any plans to sell my 2013 RTL anytime soon, UNLESS I move down to your part of the country and that remaining "right foot heat" starts to bother me. :D

SpyderSteveFL
04-15-2016, 09:20 AM
In Flori-duh we get screwed because warranties are considered insurance and as such regulated. Dealers are required to sell the warranties for MSRP, not a penny less. We can't typically buy out of State to save because the seller has to be licensed to sell in FL.

http://www.myfloridacfo.com/Division/Agents/Licensure/General/docs/2-53-Firm.htm#.UgV1ZtK2a0c

So, if anyone knows a 2-53 licensed dealer, let us Floridians know!!!

Most dealers here don't even sell BEST, other 3rd party. In fact, the 3 year warranty deal is usually 2 years factory/BRP + 1 year BEST. Here they give you 3 years factory/BRP. Screwy.

robmorg
04-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Extended warranty packages are, in fact, insurance policies. But that regulation IS screwy. If you bought a discounted BEST warranty from an out-of-state dealer, say in Arizona or Missouri, who didn't know about the Florida regulation, I'm sure you could use it at a Florida dealer, just like everyone else. BRP doesn't care where you buy it. So how would your regulators know that you even had this warranty? :dontknow: (Unless BRP wouldn't allow the dealer to sell it to you, but that seems unlikely.)

SierraCycles
04-15-2016, 06:19 PM
Rob,

Thank you for giving us a call, if you decide to purchase that warranty we'll be here at that time.

Thanks for giving Sierra Cycles a shot!

jtoro1
04-15-2016, 07:52 PM
I bought. My last.warranty in Reno Nevada by phone and I live in Florida my warranty worked good with my Florida dealer I am looking for a new warranty for my new bike and most likely I will buy it out of state again