PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia

Joe T.
03-29-2016, 01:26 PM
I am not a fan of Saudi Arabia. They have maintained control via the spread of Wahhabiism. I will not go into it here, but suffice it to say there is a lot the US does not know about Saudi Arabia and most will never know.

Tonight, March 29, 2016, is a PBS Frontline Documentary about the untold story of Saudi. It is on at tonight at 9 pm, CT.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/saudi-arabia-uncovered/

Check out the trailer.

I hope everyone watches.

Regards,
Joe T.

Sarge707
03-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Thanks, I will record it!:clap:

Chupaca
03-29-2016, 05:32 PM
should prove to be interesting...:bowdown:

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-29-2016, 05:45 PM
Thanks, I will record it!:clap:
If you have a Roku you'll be able to watch it at anytime for months to come.

Dan McNally
03-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that the Saudis are our friends. They have funded counterinsurgent forces in Iraq and Afghanistan to prevent democracy from taking a foothold in their part of the world. The Saudi royal family has a vested interest in the status quo and don't want a democracy to succeed anywhere near them - if that happened, their people might start thinking they don't need a ruling family that controls every facet of their government.

stillriding
03-30-2016, 11:08 AM
​It was an eye-opening program.

oldguyinTX
03-30-2016, 09:14 PM
And these are our "allies", like Pakistan and Turkey. IMHO, we can - and should - dump them ASAP. Trillions of US dollars being thrown at countries that would drop the US like a hot potato should it suit their purpose. But, they would still have our tax dollars. Better to spend it here at home like, maybe, on our veterans? Just sayin'.

Sam Mac
03-31-2016, 06:48 AM
Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that the Saudis are our friends. They have funded counterinsurgent forces in Iraq and Afghanistan to prevent democracy from taking a foothold in their part of the world. The Saudi royal family has a vested interest in the status quo and don't want a democracy to succeed anywhere near them - if that happened, their people might start thinking they don't need a ruling family that controls every facet of their government.

I like the way they dropped the price of oil to run our oil drilling company's out of business. Time to stop supporting them and big oil.

Orange Spyder Man
03-31-2016, 07:46 AM
stupid/corrupt people in Washington likes to give our tax dollars away.. (they get their palms greased in return) and we get the bill..

osm