PDA

View Full Version : CAN-AM SPYDER BILLET FRONT SHOCK ADJUSTER #219400121

Duke-Blue
03-28-2016, 08:19 PM
CAN-AM SPYDER BILLET FRONT SHOCK ADJUSTER #219400121

Saw this on Ebay and wondered if it works well on a 2015 RTL?
Thanks

NM Wrench
03-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Is it Baja Ron's?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

vstrommer
03-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Spyder RS 2012 and prior adjusters for shocks

BajaRon
03-28-2016, 08:47 PM
CAN-AM SPYDER BILLET FRONT SHOCK ADJUSTER #219400121

Saw this on Ebay and wondered if it works well on a 2015 RTL?
Thanks

Unfortunately, no. The early Spyders (all came from the factory with spring pre-load adjusters) had pot metal cam adjusters. They broke pretty easily. So BRP came out with these cams which were much more durable replacement parts. They won't fit anything after the 2012 models.

robmorg
03-28-2016, 10:35 PM
BajaRon (above) doesn't like to push his own products in regular forum posts. So I'll do a little of that for him. ;)

If you feel that your ride would improve if your shocks were a bit firmer, then you should take a look at his shock adjusters (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets). There are some alternatives available, but these look VERY nice installed, and they do a super job of firming up your ride and raising your front end. Not long ago, I was to the point where I was ready to spend some big bucks on a set of Elka Stage 2 shocks, because my OEM shocks were just not doing the job. I tried Ron's shock adjusters first, and they made a very big difference on my 2013 RT. I am extremely happy with them. The adjustment is variable according to your exact needs, and they come with a big spanner wrench that makes fine tuning them easy. I had to turn them up 4.5 full turns before I hit the "sweet spot" with them. I'm a big guy. If your Spyder carries a "lighter load" than mine, your adjustment may be less.

Don't take my word alone. There are many reports on these adjusters on this forum that you can search for.

Duke-Blue
03-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Thanks all or the replies. I thought they wouldn't work but wanted an informed opinion. I have the sway bar and wish I had gotten the adjusters when I bought it, but was installing a hitch and triaxis handlebars and the cash was flowing out and running out:-)

I will add later.

Thanks again,

BajaRon (above) doesn't like to push his own products in regular forum posts. So I'll do a little of that for him. ;)

If you feel that your ride would improve if your shocks were a bit firmer, then you should take a look at his shock adjusters (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?23928-New-sponsor-here-for-Filters-amp-Helmets). There are some alternatives available, but these look VERY nice installed, and they do a super job of firming up your ride and raising your front end. Not long ago, I was to the point where I was ready to spend some big bucks on a set of Elka Stage 2 shocks, because my OEM shocks were just not doing the job. I tried Ron's shock adjusters first, and they made a very big difference on my 2013 RT. I am extremely happy with them. The adjustment is variable according to your exact needs, and they come with a big spanner wrench that makes fine tuning them easy. I had to turn them up 4.5 full turns before I hit the "sweet spot" with them. I'm a big guy. If your Spyder carries a "lighter load" than mine, your adjustment may be less.

Don't take my word alone. There are many reports on these adjusters on this forum that you can search for.

Cruzr Joe
03-29-2016, 07:29 PM

:agree:, except that i have only turned mine one full turn.

Cruzr Joe

Sam Mac
03-30-2016, 06:58 AM

I have Ron's bar and shock adjusters. 3 turns on the adjusters. Made a world of difference. :yes:

Bob Denman
03-30-2016, 01:06 PM
:agree:, except that i have only turned mine one full turn.

Cruzr Joe

:D I must weigh more than you: two turns here! :D

robmorg
03-30-2016, 04:18 PM
I doubt it. I think it's just that Joe is not into "firmness". He likes that cushy Cadillac feel as he floats on down the road on his Spyder. ;)