PDA

View Full Version : F3 Fog Light Kit--Thank You LaMonster Garage

David Ortiz
03-28-2016, 06:15 PM
This Kit Was Very Easy To Install & Looks Great!! Here Are Some Pics:yes:http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126813&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126814&stc=1http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126815&stc=1

BeRight
03-28-2016, 06:52 PM
Great job - looks great - :clap:

any tips on removing panels and switch installation appreciated.

Lamonster
03-28-2016, 06:56 PM
Looks great. They can see you now. :doorag:

David Ortiz
03-28-2016, 07:50 PM
Great job - looks great - :clap:

any tips on removing panels and switch installation appreciated.

its pretty easy if you follow the video from lamonster garage..just 3 screws on the side and 3 pull pins..in the video he shows you to install the switch that was real easy. i see you live in maryalnd..im up in harford county if you close by i can give you a hand :thumbup:

:Heres a video i found also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvTSF8c1bQQ

Sccar
03-28-2016, 08:12 PM
...... You Now I need to replace my headlight bulbs.

Just finished install my fog lights. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126819&stc=1

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126820&stc=1
Everything fit perfect.... Had some issues with the switch sitting properly due to the wires running underneath the panel.....after messing with it all was well.

Ron2andia
03-28-2016, 09:21 PM
Doing mine this week... Thanks for the vid... What can we use the other tab for where the button goes any ideas? I think Lamont has a lighter in his....

dsvogel
03-28-2016, 10:00 PM
I installed mine tonight and what a nice, nice kit. So glad I returned the stock fog lights and waited for these. So easy to install and a great light. I drove around the neighborhood turning the fog lights off and on to see the difference. Wow what a difference! Thank you, Lamonster!! :bowdown:

Doing mine this week... Thanks for the vid... What can we use the other tab for where the button goes any ideas? I think Lamont has a lighter in his....

I had a 19mm momentary switch there from eBay for a Mo-Door garage door opener. Also a good spot for the heated grip switch.

Samir221
03-28-2016, 10:06 PM
Received and installed the switch today and love them so far. Didn't get a chance to test them at night but I am pretty sure they will make a huge difference. Thanks lamonster for a great product and outstanding customer service. I took pics of the entire lighting upgrades( bumps kid with led, wiredux daylight running lights and fog light) and now I definitely need to change the headlights' bulbs so waiting on Lamont to recommend and offer the best bulbs out there. Will post pics later :yes:

kenfromhv
03-29-2016, 07:58 AM

The other built in button is for "heated handlebar grips"

Lamonster
03-29-2016, 08:18 AM
Received and installed the switch today and love them so far. Didn't get a chance to test them at night but I am pretty sure they will make a huge difference. Thanks lamonster for a great product and outstanding customer service. I took pics of the entire lighting upgrades( bumps kid with led, wiredux daylight running lights and fog light) and now I definitely need to change the headlights' bulbs so waiting on Lamont to recommend and offer the best bulbs out there. Will post pics later :yes:
I'm going to try and get to those today :doorag:

Samir221
03-29-2016, 09:24 AM
Thanks lamont!! Can't wait to see which ones u recommend. Here is the current look so far and the yellow lighting has got to go lol

Samir221
03-29-2016, 09:25 AM
:thumbup:

BeRight
03-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Through the generous help of Lamonster in 2008 (Installation Video plus tips) I installed factory fog lights into my 2008 Spyder - this involved replacing a large factory wiring harness and assembling connectors (inserting pins). The Spyder was completely removed of tupperware - took me two days.

Fast forward to 2016: Installation of Lamonster Garage LED fog lights into my 2015 F3S could not have been simpler - took minutes. True plug and play - no posi-taps required as many other LED plug and play vendors require.

Quality, easy peezy to install, reasonably priced product from Lamonster Garage:bowdown::clap: And Yes these are better than factory fog lights IMHO.

GaryTheBadger
03-29-2016, 07:06 PM
Lamont...you better stock up on these kits, they're gonna fly out the door at Spyderfest! Well done!!

Nyparrothead
03-29-2016, 07:27 PM
I installed mine as well, took about 30 min start to stop. One of the easiest farkle I have ever installed. Now I need the headlights done!

mark

hondaman
04-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Went to order some fog lights tonight,looks like they are out of stock for now 😢

jneg2
04-06-2016, 11:27 PM
Through the generous help of Lamonster in 2008 (Installation Video plus tips) I installed factory fog lights into my 2008 Spyder - this involved replacing a large factory wiring harness and assembling connectors (inserting pins). The Spyder was completely removed of tupperware - took me two days.

Fast forward to 2016: Installation of Lamonster Garage LED fog lights into my 2015 F3S could not have been simpler - took minutes. True plug and play - no posi-taps required as many other LED plug and play vendors require.

Quality, easy peezy to install, reasonably priced product from Lamonster Garage:bowdown::clap: And Yes these are better than factory fog lights IMHO.
Now I have to use my factory fogs more than usual so they burn out, and must be replaced with these!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

jneg2
04-06-2016, 11:33 PM
I installed mine as well, took about 30 min start to stop. One of the easiest farkle I have ever installed. Now I need the headlights done!

mark
Is it much harder to change out the lights if you already have the BRP version already installed??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Lamonster
04-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Went to order some fog lights tonight,looks like they are out of stock for now 😢

I have a limited supply in stock now ready to ship. :doorag:
http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-f3-led-fog-light-kit/

GaryTheBadger
04-07-2016, 03:11 PM
I placed my order today...thanks Lamont!!

hondaman
04-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Ordered today at lunch, already on its way along with some other goodies i picked up.👍

Ochoa1801
04-07-2016, 09:46 PM
I placed my order today

thanks Lamonster

Lamonster
04-08-2016, 05:40 AM
Got a kit going to Russia, Moscow...how cool is that? :doorag:

Ron2andia
04-08-2016, 06:13 AM
:thumbup::thumbup:

Ochoa1801
04-08-2016, 08:17 PM
Do you have pictures this switch Mo-Door garage door opener? or can you give me the link

thanks

CharlieIndia
04-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Placed my order today!:yes::ohyea:Arrived a few days later, pretty easy to install. Work great! They can be seen on a bright sunny day better than the stock headlights. BRP needs to be thinking LED's.

2faston3
04-09-2016, 05:58 PM
I bought a demo 2015 F3-S, and the fog lights were removed, but they forgot to remove the fog light switch. And I was wondering if I could use the original wiring and install a set of my own. So with that in mind I was wondering if anyone had an original set of instructions for the install?

Thanks

2faston3

Dray
04-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Out of curiosity, what is the wattage of the fog lights?

Dray

armyspydervet
04-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the info in this post.

Lamonster
04-11-2016, 11:52 AM
Just ordered mine. Thanks for the info in this post.

We just put 17 more kits together this weekend and that's all that's left till the rest of the switches come it. We should have good stock for Spyderfest and we will be doing installs there. :doorag:

armyspydervet
04-11-2016, 12:42 PM
We just put 17 more kits together this weekend and that's all that's left till the rest of the switches come it. We should have good stock for Spyderfest and we will be doing installs there. :doorag:

Ordered mine yesterday. Thanks for the hard work!!!

JKMSPYDER
04-11-2016, 07:39 PM
Received my LED fog light kit from Lamonster Garage today. I had it installed in an hour from start to finish. Just as he said, easy plug and play! I love the lights! Sure beats the OEM kit that BRP wants $510 for!

armyspydervet
04-11-2016, 07:44 PM
Received my LED fog light kit from Lamonster Garage today. I had it installed in an hour from start to finish. Just as he said, easy plug and play! I love the lights! Sure beats the OEM kit that BRP wants $510 for!

What did you do to get the wire off the plastic circle? I watched Lamont's video and for the life of me can't get it detached. I'm afraid I will eventually rip the wire out.

Lamonster
04-11-2016, 07:51 PM
What did you do to get the wire off the plastic circle? I watched Lamont's video and for the life of me can't get it detached. I'm afraid I will eventually rip the wire out.

There is a release right in the middle of the plug.

JKMSPYDER
04-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Correct. As Lamont says there is a release on the plug. It's at the bottom of the plug next to the wiring. Just push the release as you pull on the plug.

armyspydervet
04-11-2016, 08:50 PM
There is a release right in the middle of the plug.

Thanks. I will try it again when the light come in.

Rus1
04-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Got a kit going to Russia, Moscow...how cool is that? :doorag:

Right..
this is for my lady ;)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=127815&stc=1

Thanks, Ruslan

CA Railwhale
08-14-2016, 12:33 PM

I just installed my fog lights yesterday; other than dropping a plastic rivet and losing it inside the bike, it took about forty minutes. Now I have to wait two weeks for a replacement rivet to ship from Quebec. They are a great product and the installation video helped. One question though, other than the LED rings, do you know of anything to trim out the installation? Right now I'm considering modifying the blanks for a more "custom" and clean look around the fog lights. Perhaps you could develop a pattern for others to do the same thing since the "blanks just get thrown away.

CA Railwhale
08-14-2016, 12:35 PM
Correct. As Lamont says there is a release on the plug. It's at the bottom of the plug next to the wiring. Just push the release as you pull on the plug.

If you release the blank plate from the mount, you can pull the entire thing out into the open and easily see the catch.

CA Railwhale
08-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I just installed my fog lights yesterday; other than dropping a plastic rivet and losing it inside the bike, it took about forty minutes. Now I have to wait two weeks for a replacement rivet to ship from Quebec. They are a great product and the installation video helped. One question though, other than the LED rings, do you know of anything to trim out the installation? Right now I'm considering modifying the blanks for a more "custom" and clean look around the fog lights. Perhaps you could develop a pattern for others to do the same thing since the "blanks just get thrown away.

Well I took the blanks, and used a 2 1/4" holesaw to cut holes in them, went a little large to allow airflow to cool the lights. First one came out perfectly, broke the second one. I guess now, it's order the parts from Quebec. For some reason they call them heatshields. They are already cut out for the stock fog lights, so modifying them to fit the Lamonster ones should be easy plus they are fairly cheap at less than ten bucks each.

Steven Young
08-17-2016, 12:34 AM
Got the Head Lights- Love 'em! So just ordered the Fog lights too now. I'll look like a 747 coming down the road :ohyea:

_..stiffler..
08-17-2016, 07:32 AM
Well I took the blanks, and used a 2 1/4" holesaw to cut holes in them, went a little large to allow airflow to cool the lights. First one came out perfectly, broke the second one. I guess now, it's order the parts from Quebec. For some reason they call them heatshields. They are already cut out for the stock fog lights, so modifying them to fit the Lamonster ones should be easy plus they are fairly cheap at less than ten bucks each.
So after these fog lights are installed they leave gaps between the lights a bike?

Anyone have a close up picture.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk

ekfraz
08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
I have an F3S but I do not have fog lamps I there a lens kit that I will need ti get to make the install?

Lamonster
08-17-2016, 08:09 AM
I have an F3S but I do not have fog lamps I there a lens kit that I will need ti get to make the install?

There is no kit required for install. http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamonster-f3-led-fog-light-kit/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTIY7Aqj6IU

deer30084
08-17-2016, 09:34 AM
When you do this job, be very careful putting the panel screws back in. Don't do what I did! I turned a simple job into a nightmare. Once that brass thingy in the inner panel keeps turning, you're screwed!

juscuz
08-17-2016, 12:54 PM
When you do this job, be very careful putting the panel screws back in. Don't do what I did! I turned a simple job into a nightmare. Once that brass thingy in the inner panel keeps turning, you're screwed!

I had the same thing happen after removing and reinstalling the left side panel over 10 times (doing mods). Haven't replaced the brass female thingy yet because the part on cheap cycles's pic is not clear. If you get a replacement please post up. Hopefully the entire bracket won't have to be replaced. Until then, using zip tie.

deer30084
08-17-2016, 01:39 PM
I had the same thing happen after removing and reinstalling the left side panel over 10 times (doing mods). Haven't replaced the brass female thingy yet because the part on cheap cycles's pic is not clear. If you get a replacement please post up. Hopefully the entire bracket won't have to be replaced. Until then, using zip tie.
Yes, I did have the whole inner panel replaced. I had broken off the whole corner of the inner fiberglass panel trying to get the screw out. The part was only $69.00 and I was tempted to do it myself. But, when I "fix" things, sometimes I break something else. And I didn't know if other parts, i.e. screws, had to be ordered. So I let the dealer to the whole job. It's a new bike and I can't stand broken things. It cost me about $245 to fix. Hope It doesn't happen again.

jcthorne
08-17-2016, 01:53 PM
If you spin one of the brass inserts but do not break the plastic frame its glued into, you can replace the insert. EZ-LOK makes a kit that works pretty well. Essentially you pull out the old insert, drill the hole slightly larger and clean using the supplied bit the thread in the knife thread insert using the tool provided. End result is a new M5 or M6 threaded insert locked into the plastic frame.

Be careful installing the screws to line them up and thread them by hand. Do not use power tools on these. Ask me how I know all this.....

stebrock
08-17-2016, 04:51 PM

I believe the "culprit" is the "old Loctite" left on the threads. If the bolt starts to tighten before fully inserted you need to back it out and clean the threads. I finally learned after the second incident!
Rick

juscuz
08-17-2016, 05:14 PM
If you spin one of the brass inserts but do not break the plastic frame its glued into, you can replace the insert. EZ-LOK makes a kit that works pretty well. Essentially you pull out the old insert, drill the hole slightly larger and clean using the supplied bit the thread in the knife thread insert using the tool provided. End result is a new M5 or M6 threaded insert locked into the plastic frame.

Be careful installing the screws to line them up and thread them by hand. Do not use power tools on these. Ask me how I know all this.....

Can you elaborate further on the E-Z lok fix for this? Where can it be purchased, etc.. Thanks

CA Railwhale
08-17-2016, 06:37 PM
So after these fog lights are installed they leave gaps between the lights a bike?

Anyone have a close up picture.

Stiff

Sent on Note 5 in Taptalk

If you look at the installed blanks, there is a fairing on the side towards the center of the bike that is pretty obvious with the LEDs installed. It might not bother some people, but I tend to think like a craftsman and like to tidy things up as much as possible. I even used four zip-ties on the short wiring harness for the LEDs just so they wouldn't hand loose even though they were inside the tupperware.

Don'tPanic
12-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Hi. Can anyone comment on quality/brightness of Lamonster fog lights vs stock aux lights?

Thank you!