PDA

View Full Version : SM10, SMH10, and Cell phone issue solved: Thanks to Finless and Motorcycle Dave

Johnny_Swindle
03-28-2016, 02:26 PM
I just want to publicly thank Finless (Bob) and Motorcycle Dave (Dave) with their help with the SM10, SMH10 and cell phones. It seems that initially I was attempting to exceed the capabilities of the SMH10. With that said, this is what I did with Bob and Dave's help:

Reset SM10 and SMH10's back to factory....clear any pairings in the phones

Updated firmware on SM10 to 1.1
Updated firmware on SMH10's to 5.1.1
Downloaded new manuals for both. It seems that the manuals change somewhat based on the version of the firmware

I then did the following:

Bind/Pair both SMH10's for intercom using standard method outlined in the manual

Bind/Pair both SMH10's to SM10 using the standard method outlined the the manual

Bind/Pair Phone #1 to SMH10 #1 using "phone only" Selective Profile method (how to do this is in the SMH10 manual, but you have to read closely as it can be easily skipped over)

Bind/Pair Phone #2 to SMH10 #2 using "phone only" selective Profile method (how to do this is in the SMH10 manual, but you have to read closely as it can be easily skipped over)

Doing this allows both my wife and I to have intercom, make and receive phone calls, and have music via the SM10 (wired into the RT-S audio system using the SM10 and cable by Motorcycle Dave/Finless.)

Edit: 03/28/2016 @1739 DST

In my frustration I over looked a very helpful post from Billybovine, who would have lead me to a solution earlier. My apologizes to Billybovine for this omission.

billybovine
03-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Mmmm. That's what I told you to do on your other post on this topic. :dontknow:

Johnny_Swindle
03-28-2016, 04:02 PM
If I over looked your info.....my apologies

Mmmm. That's what I told you to do on your other post on this topic. :dontknow: