PDA

View Full Version : Garmin nüvi 2797LMT and Sena 20s?

jlg
03-27-2016, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know if the Garmin 2797LMT will pair with a Sena 20s AND a Samsung galaxy Note 4 phone?
Will it pair with either (I am pretty sure it will pair with the Samsung, but not sure about the Sena 20s), and will it pair with BOTH at the same time?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to make/get phone calls and play music from the phone, and get the navigation voice (and use the voice control) of the Garmin, all through the headset/mic.

Thanks,
Jim

JayBros
03-27-2016, 09:30 PM
Why not go to Garmin web site and look at user's guide? It should tell you if it has Bluetooth pairing capability. If it does the 20S user's guide should tell you the pairing type(s) and sequence.

finless
03-28-2016, 08:33 AM
Not all GPS' will pair to Bluetooth headsets! In fact other than the Zumo which was made to do that, most will not.
There is a list on Sena's support forum which Garmin's will.
Like the 755, 765, 775, etc.
I do not think your 2797 will. It can pair to a phone then you pair the phone to your helmet. But pretty sure that model will not pair directly to your headset.

Bob

jlg
03-28-2016, 11:26 AM
I had looked at the Garmin website, but I've also seen items in Q&A sections where they sell the items, and they contradict quite a bit.
I'm guessing this will NOT synch to the 20s, but I wanted to make sure.

I may just stick to my phone for GPS if this is the case (I have been playing withMapFactor Navigator for Android, and it seems to be working pretty well) -- was just hoping to have a dedicated GPS to use instead of burning up my phone battery/data usage.