PDA

View Full Version : RT Full Cover thoughts

Pineywoods36
03-27-2016, 11:12 AM
So looking at full covers for my 2014 RT, at home it sleeps in the garage however just thinking about when we are out on overnights or longer, and also if trailoring since I have a open trailer would be nice to cover her. There is a range of pricing and I am not all about the cheapest just want what works best with out breaking the bank because the most expensive is often not the best either. So I have seen three the Ultraguard for about $70.00, Tourmaster $150.00, or the CanAM $230.00. Any thoughts?

Cruzr Joe
03-27-2016, 11:17 AM
So looking at full covers for my 2014 RT, at home it sleeps in the garage however just thinking about when we are out on overnights or longer, and also if trailoring since I have a open trailer would be nice to cover her. There is a range of pricing and I am not all about the cheapest just want what works best with out breaking the bank because the most expensive is often not the best either. So I have seen three the Ultraguard for about $70.00, Tourmaster $150.00, or the CanAM $230.00. Any thoughts?

DO NOT COVER THE BIKE WHILE TRAILERING... Too many things could go wrong, it it becomes a little loose it could scratch the paint BIG TIME. my spyder stays in my climate controlled shop and never gets covered but when I am on the road i just use a Ultraguard 1/2 cover, it protects the seat, windshield, rear trunk and instrument panel. Just my .02 cents worth and i am very protective of my Spyder.

Cruzr Joe

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-27-2016, 11:26 AM
DO NOT COVER THE BIKE WHILE TRAILERING... Too many things could go wrong, it it becomes a little loose it could scratch the paint BIG TIME. my spyder stays in my climate controlled shop and never gets covered but when I am on the road i just use a Ultraguard 1/2 cover, it protects the seat, windshield, rear trunk and instrument panel. Just my .02 cents worth and i am very protective of my Spyder.

Cruzr Joe
:agree::agree::agree:........I have had an Ultra-guard on quite a few Motorcycles and think the quality regardless of price is Great.............also NEVER USE A ANY COVER OD ANY TYPE WHEN TRAILERING. The Spyder is a vehicle designed to get WET.....make sure your TOW vehicle has MUD / STONE guards .....imho......Mike :bbq:

Marker
03-27-2016, 11:31 AM
I have the Can_Am full cover but I do not trailer with it.
If you are going to cover your spyder while trailering it. I would spend the money on the Can-Am full cover. the Can-Am full cover has a soft inner liner that will help protect the plastic parts from cover rash.
You also need to put a strap over the cover that covers the windshield ans handlebars as this section flaps in the wind and will give your spyder a bad case of cover rash. The important part is to install the cover so that it does not flap in the wind. I would cover my spyder while trailering it as road debris will damage the plastic panels.
Also put the windshield up in the highest position when putting the cover on to help take up the slack in the cover. I have successfully traveled many miles while trailering with properly covered snowmobiles.
You only get what you pay for in covers. JMHO

Mazo EMS2
03-27-2016, 11:37 AM
We use an Ultraguard full cover as well. I'll cover the bike during the off-season, but normally it just sits in the garage uncovered. When we travel the cover comes along to cover it up at night for reasons like dew, dust, gawkers, and those who think they need to sit on it. I would agree with NOT covering during trailering. Minimize junk being tossed on it from the tow vehicle, on the tow vehicle.

Bobleach45
03-27-2016, 03:25 PM
Blueknight911 said it perfectly!

JayBros
03-27-2016, 03:38 PM
I find the Nelson-Rigg half cover all I need for overnights on the road. It's a small package that stores well.

RyderJCF
03-27-2016, 03:50 PM
I have both full and half covers from Ultraguard. VERY happy with both!:clap::2thumbs:

Brentc
03-27-2016, 04:37 PM
I have both full and half covers from Ultraguard. VERY happy with both!:clap::2thumbs:

I would only add that I have both covers and prefer to use the half cover for day to day use and the full cover for off season storage.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-27-2016, 05:57 PM
The Ultra-guard is a great cover but it has one shortcoming. If you ever change to a wider windshield like the F4 wide, it won't fit. I put an F4 tall and wide windshield on my RT last Spyderfest. I couldn't use my Ultra-guard any more and bought a Guardian. The Guardian is a little more money but it's heavier material and fits over any windshield and trunk rack.

Bob Denman
03-27-2016, 06:15 PM
BRP's half-cover for when traveling...:thumbup:
And I'd also NEVER cover it while trailering... nojoke

OLD FTS
03-27-2016, 06:42 PM
We just picked one up through Amazon.com for $57 plus shipping- more than satisfied with it.

Bfromla
03-27-2016, 06:56 PM
Beware unlike shrink wrap ,a regular cover has too much slack & will flutter in wind on a trailer rubbing paint right off everywhere it touches:yikes:nojoke:lecturef_smilie: Has been reported & expensive to repair. Just leave open & give a good wash or go enclosed trailer. Dont risk something so easily avoided:p

3-togo
03-27-2016, 07:48 PM

Hello,
I have the Ultaguard and here is the Good: Lt. Wt. and takes less space to store on bike. Also, fabric does not scratch bike/ soft area for wind shied. Decent value for the money. The bad: one tie down bungee type cord does not hold cover in windy conditions. Two Velcro cut outs for antenna but starting to tear threads when you open to put on cover. Not familiar with other brands. As mentioned not a good idea to use during transit.
Pete

Deecheff
03-27-2016, 08:31 PM
I have had the Nelson-Rigg half cover now for three years. I use frequently. No complaints here.

Deanna777
03-27-2016, 09:04 PM
I have the BRP full/and travel cover. I have no complaints, and I use/ and like both.

This will be 4th year with both covers.

I use the BRP travel cover, when I am @ work, and when I do not have the full cover available.

DO NOT COVER YOUR spyder when traveling, when it is on a trailer. Mike( Blueknight911) hit the nail on the head. Thanks Mike! Deanna

Jenfz09
03-27-2016, 09:15 PM
Is the Ultraguard comparable to the factory brand cover? I bought the factory half cover, but if if there are equivalent quality full covers for less, then I'll go that route. Thanks!

Deanna777
03-27-2016, 09:27 PM
Is the Ultraguard comparable to the factory brand cover? I bought the factory half cover, but if if there are equivalent quality full covers for less, then I'll go that route. Thanks!The BRP is made of tough water repellent, breathable 300-denier polyester. Also, has integrated exhaust panel, and protective flannel windshield liner.

It also has a straps to hold it securely/snuggly to the :spyder2:. It has straps that goes under the front wheels with their own clip. It also has a strap to go under the center of the spyder to hold it securely. Deanna

bmwlarry
03-28-2016, 07:45 AM
I have a nearly new (used 1X in garage) BRP cover that I would be willing to part with. PM me if interested.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126747&stc=1

jaherbst
03-28-2016, 09:08 AM
I have a nearly new (used 1X in garage) BRP cover that I would be willing to part with. PM me if interested.

I have a new identical never used cover that I will sell for $115 + shipping. This is not the light cover and is adequate for outdoor four season storage.

Jack

Jim&Teresa
03-28-2016, 09:27 AM
I have the BRP full/and travel cover. I have no complaints, and I use/ and like both.

This will be 4th year with both covers.

I use the BRP travel cover, when I am @ work, and when I do not have the full cover available.

DO NOT COVER YOUR spyder when traveling, when it is on a trailer. Mike( Blueknight911) hit the nail on the head. Thanks Mike! Deanna

:agree: I've had the BRP covers for about 4 years as well. Travel cover fits in my saddlebag cover (with net holding it in place). Use travel cover for overnights or rainstorms - if you get caught in a downpour and find a parking lot - place your helmets under the travel cover on the seat and within a minute it's on and you can seek shelter!

The full cover I use when parked in the off season.

Both have held up and fit the bike well! Pricey, but well made! :thumbup:

Deanna777
03-28-2016, 10:46 AM
:agree: I've had the BRP covers for about 4 years as well. Travel cover fits in my saddlebag cover (with net holding it in place). Use travel cover for overnights or rainstorms - if you get caught in a downpour and find a parking lot - place your helmets under the travel cover on the seat and within a minute it's on and you can seek shelter!

The full cover I use when parked in the off season.

Both have held up and fit the bike well! Pricey, but well made! :thumbup:The travel cover folds up into its own storage bag. The full cover I use also in the riding/and off season. Deanna :doorag:

juscuz
03-28-2016, 11:30 AM
I have a new identical never used cover that I will sell for $115 + shipping. This is not the light cover and is adequate for outdoor four season storage.

Jack

check your pm,,,,,,,,

SpyderSteveFL
03-28-2016, 11:33 AM
Specifically on the half cover... please correct if wrong... The BRP half cover doesn't have inner liner or anything to protect the windscreen, the Ultragard does but won't fit on an F4 customs wide windscreen. I don't have one... at least not yet, but is there a half cover that will fit an F4 wide screen and still has inner liner/protection? What about the Nelson-Rigg?

3-togo
03-28-2016, 12:40 PM
Pm sent

3-togo
03-28-2016, 12:41 PM

Jack

Pm sent

Pineywoods36
03-28-2016, 06:41 PM
:agree::agree::agree:........I have had an Ultra-guard on quite a few Motorcycles and think the quality regardless of price is Great.............also NEVER USE A ANY COVER OD ANY TYPE WHEN TRAILERING. The Spyder is a vehicle designed to get WET.....make sure your TOW vehicle has MUD / STONE guards .....imho......Mike :bbq:

Thanks makes sense with the trailer now its mentioned!

juscuz
04-01-2016, 11:26 AM

Jack

check pm sent

SPIDR1
04-01-2016, 11:33 AM
I have a full cover, not contoured, that fits completely over the RTL. This works very well for long storage periods such as our winters in the frozen tundra. For the good weather rides that are over night, I have a half cover that fits and covers the windshield and back over the rear trunk. The cover is held down with stretch straps. This works very well especially keeping the early morning due off the bike. So far, I have no complaints.

lou49
04-01-2016, 09:22 PM
I have both, the full n the travel half cover from ultra guard! Purchase the half cover from value accessories for $ 35! That's cheaper than amazon n ebay! Make sure you get the one with the antenna hole in it!
Happy shopping!

CapeSpyder
04-28-2016, 06:22 PM
How does the Guardian Traveler Half Cover do in the wind? We get windy days here. I don't want the cover rubbing where it shouldn't.

garageguy
04-28-2016, 07:56 PM
For travelling I can't see using a full cover at the expense of storage space for the long haul. Like others I have a Nelson Rigg half cover which fits great over the bike and my CalSci large windshield, and it's pretty compact. I also use the Ultimate seat cover underneath to avoid squishy butt mornings.

dlby
05-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Ultra guard full cover

Fantastic
Could buy an 3 2 one each year for the price

But haven't needed to as it holds up well

Myself, I would never cover while on trailer unless it was a full on custom cover like gator hide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

JLOLMO
05-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Anyone else have the BRP full or travel covers they are interested in selling?