PDA

View Full Version : My new RDL Seat

Tango
03-23-2016, 06:59 PM
Well I arrived home to a very large box on my front porch. After a very patient wait, it finally arrived. Can't wait to get it on the Spyder. It has been locked away in the trailer for the winter. Here's some pics if I can figure out the new computer. It is two tone, Light gray and charcoal. Never had a MAC before, so here goes. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

fjray
03-23-2016, 07:15 PM
I've had RDL seats on my last three bikes and hope to do a ride in at Russell with the RT this year. They are about four hours from me unless I take the long way. If you don't mind, what are they getting to do the whole thing in Two tone ??

Chupaca
03-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Nice looking seat and great color. :2thumbs: now to see it on the spyder will be great...soon..!!

ARtraveler
03-23-2016, 07:49 PM
Very nice. From what I read, you have a very good seat. :yes:

oldguyinTX
03-23-2016, 08:19 PM
Dude, that is sweet! Look forward to the ryde report.:thumbup:

PW2013STL
03-23-2016, 09:20 PM
Congrats on your RDL!

I hope you love it as much as I do mine. Best $ spent, because if the butts not happy the rest of you can not be either.

Looking forward to seeing it mounted :thumbup:

Tango
03-23-2016, 10:13 PM
I've had RDL seats on my last three bikes and hope to do a ride in at Russell with the RT this year. They are about four hours from me unless I take the long way. If you don't mind, what are they getting to do the whole thing in Two tone ??

$1330 with shipping. That includes the rider backrest in 2 tone with a huge bag attached, rear passenger backrest in 2 tone, HD suspension installed in the rear seat. Quality of construction is awesome. The vinyl is of such quality it looks like leather. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
03-24-2016, 06:46 AM
:D Hubba-Hubba! That looks comfortable enough to take a nice long nap in! :clap: :2thumbs:
PLEASE let us know what your butt thinks of it! :thumbup:

robmorg
03-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Bet it will look really good on your yellow spider. :thumbup:

Your RT will look a lot like Wall.E :2thumbs:

Tango
03-24-2016, 07:36 AM
Can't wait to get the bike finally out of storage. :clap: Maybe this weekend. :ohyea: Tom :spyder:

MikeT
03-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Well I arrived home to a very large box on my front porch. After a very patient wait, it finally arrived. Can't wait to get it on the Spyder. It has been locked away in the trailer for the winter. Here's some pics if I can figure out the new computer. It is two tone, Light gray and charcoal. Never had a MAC before, so here goes. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:
Linda & I will have to check this out @Spyderfest.

IGETAROUND
03-24-2016, 08:21 AM
Tom, that's an awesome looking seat, and I know it's going to be comfortable.

Just wish I had been smart enough to know that my smooth spyder back rest would not work with the RDL and had them build in a driver backrest when I had mine built.

Will need to send it back this coming winter to have them rebuild it with a drivers back rest as I cannot find any aftermarket backrest that fits out rydes!!:gaah:

Al

Fatcycledaddy
03-24-2016, 09:51 AM
Tom, that's an awesome looking seat, and I know it's going to be comfortable.

Just wish I had been smart enough to know that my smooth spyder back rest would not work with the RDL and had them build in a driver backrest when I had mine built.

Will need to send it back this coming winter to have them rebuild it with a drivers back rest as I cannot find any aftermarket backrest that fits out rydes!!:gaah:

Al

I had a factory backrest for the standard RTL seat that I shipped out with the seat pan. When RDL built my seat they made it where the factory backrest could be used. When they told me this was an option I loved it, it saved me the cost of a new backrest when I had paid so much for the factory one. By the way, there was not any additional cost to do it with the factory backrest.

Frank G
03-24-2016, 08:00 PM
Welcome to the RDL club! :yes::ohyea::clap::firstplace:

Tango
03-31-2016, 04:27 PM
Finally got the seat on the bike. :2thumbs: Took a 40 mile jaunt to here and there. It will need some breaking in. Need to get used to a taller feeling. Easier reach to hi-way pegs. Way more supportive the than stock seat. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Bob Denman
03-31-2016, 05:24 PM
:clap: It looks like a real beauty!! Wear it in good health!! :2thumbs:
(If you need to break it in: head up MY way! :D

robmorg
03-31-2016, 07:04 PM
:agree: It DOES look very nice! And I think it goes well with the yellow RT. :thumbup: