PDA

View Full Version : Wrap My Spyder it's a home run

fencepost
03-22-2016, 07:37 PM
Pete @ Wrap My Spyder came through again, perfect fit, beats taking the wheel off to paint the blades.

Graptor
03-22-2016, 08:06 PM
I have my graphics sitting on my work bench waiting for a warm day to apply them.

Ron2andia
03-22-2016, 08:14 PM
Nice did my bike!

TEWKS
03-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Looks dangerous....in a good kinda way! :thumbup:

Pat

spydaman60
03-22-2016, 09:47 PM
looks great!!

Bob Denman
03-23-2016, 07:17 AM
:congrats: :clap: :2thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gbDgptNlvA&feature=player_detailpage

Chupaca
03-23-2016, 11:18 AM
Great accent to your rydes wheels. Makes them pop and must look nice rolling down the road...congrats..:2thumbs:

ARtraveler
03-23-2016, 12:09 PM
A great idea. Looking good! :bowdown::bowdown::firstplace::firstplace:

johnsimion
11-14-2017, 10:42 PM
I am a new owner of a 2017 RT-S. Love it but not crazy about the solid black wheels. After this expenditure, though, I'm not crazy about spending several hundred more on new wheels. Elsewhere I've seen paint jobs that guys have done with their RT wheels; I like the look but I'd prefer not to mess with paint if I don't have to -- too permanent and too easy to screw up. A wrap like yours is the clear choice. I contacted the owner of WrapMySpyder and he agrees that wraps for the RT would be great but he doesn't offer them because he doesn't have access to RT wheels. Hence my question - Does any other company offer wraps to fit RT or RT-S wheels? If not, it looks like I might have to buy some wide reflective tape and get inventive. I am pretty sure I could do a good job on from the end of the spokes inward but the problem with is where to end the wrap. It would be difficult to hand-cut the spokes with enough precision to let the color go all the way to the hub and make it actually look good. This is where a commercial grade wrap would be perfect. I guess I could cut off the color on each spoke before the color reaches the hub (i.e., all equally short) and that would be symmetrical and not sloppy looking, but I also suspect it really wouldn't look that great. Any other ideas?

Buckeye Bleau
11-15-2017, 06:44 AM
I am a new owner of a 2017 RT-S. Love it but not crazy about the solid black wheels. After this expenditure, though, I'm not crazy about spending several hundred more on new wheels. Elsewhere I've seen paint jobs that guys have done with their RT wheels; I like the look but I'd prefer not to mess with paint if I don't have to -- too permanent and too easy to screw up. A wrap like yours is the clear choice. I contacted the owner of WrapMySpyder and he agrees that wraps for the RT would be great but he doesn't offer them because he doesn't have access to RT wheels. Hence my question - Does any other company offer wraps to fit RT or RT-S wheels? If not, it looks like I might have to buy some wide reflective tape and get inventive. I am pretty sure I could do a good job on from the end of the spokes inward but the problem with is where to end the wrap. It would be difficult to hand-cut the spokes with enough precision to let the color go all the way to the hub and make it actually look good. This is where a commercial grade wrap would be perfect. I guess I could cut off the color on each spoke before the color reaches the hub (i.e., all equally short) and that would be symmetrical and not sloppy looking, but I also suspect it really wouldn't look that great. Any other ideas?

Try looking up up your local Fast Signs franchise. They can do a lot, the skills of each store's personnel may determine the fruition of your dream, or not. If the first o tells you no, try another.

Joe

robhowen
11-15-2017, 07:59 AM
You might want to consider PlastiDip for all or part of your wheels. It is a plastic aerosol that is available in clear gloss to a wide variety of colors. The product appears to be both durable and removable. You can find many web resources and videos on how to use the product. It's also readily available at autoparts stores. I purchased clear gloss at Pep Boys which I am going to use as a protective layer for select areas of my RT.

Rob

I am a new owner of a 2017 RT-S. Love it but not crazy about the solid black wheels. .... Any other ideas?

Spyder Wraps Pete
11-15-2017, 08:19 AM
Ohh that looks great! :clap: We wish we could make a wheel kit for every model but we don't have access to every wheel BRP offers.
This is a link to our current offering of Spyder wheel kits. (https://wrapmyspyder.com/vinyl-category/wheel/)
Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge our product, we appreciate it.

Motorcycledave
11-15-2017, 12:46 PM
In years gone by, I would just open the door and ride or push my motorcycle into
the living room after putting news paper on the carpet and work on it there.
I had to use good ear plugs so I didn't hear my mother or later my wife SCREAM :yikes:
about it...
Dave

I have my graphics sitting on my work bench waiting for a warm day to apply them.

hypurone
11-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Pete @ Wrap My Spyder came through again, perfect fit, beats taking the wheel off to paint the blades.

Hmm, I've always wondered about running them in the opposite direction.... Any issues with cooling of the brakes etc?

Deanna777
11-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Nice farkle idea! Hmmmmm Maybe ?????

Has anyone else had it done on there RTS-SE6?

Deanna