PDA

View Full Version : HELP. @ roadside need nearest dealer

PrairieSpyder
03-22-2016, 12:12 PM
I'm @ west end of Cimarron turnpike on Hwy 412 in Okla. called roadside asst & don't know where to tow to. Near Ponca City.

Ideas?

PrairieSpyder
03-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Maybe Stillwater dealer. I'll let you know how it goes.

TexAmRider
03-22-2016, 12:39 PM
Think I saw a honda dealer there for Can ams also. Next one at Broken Arrow around Tulsa.

Chupaca
03-22-2016, 12:49 PM
do you have the spyder codes app on your phone, Roger has dealers and spyder ryders to the rescue on there that may help. Good to have when your on the open road....:thumbup:Tom and Pam in Ponca City can help with lodging etc but recommend the dealer in Jones , Wichita and Tulsa but all 100 miles from you. Their phone is 580-765-6262 or 580-761-0486....

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Stillwater PowerSports looks to be closest... (45 miles)
4650 West 6th Ave
Stillwater

405 377 4941

Good luck!

TexAmRider
03-22-2016, 12:55 PM
4650 west 6th avenue. 405-377-4941 let usknow how it works out. Bob beat me to it. Bad thing about that is he is in New York, and I'm right next door (state).

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 01:08 PM
:shocked: What happened? I saw your post, and just went right to BRP's website... :shocked:

ARtraveler
03-22-2016, 01:10 PM
Will be watching. Thoughts and :pray::pray: for a quick resolution. :thumbup:

My suggestions have already been covered.

TexAmRider
03-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Hey Bob, I went to the BRP website search also and the little spinning button just kept on turning and wouldn't connect. Guess its cause your closer to Canada, than me. :roflblack:

Anyway next was the internet search, and mapquest. Just took me a little longer.

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 01:22 PM
At least we're all trying to do what we can, to find her some useful information... :clap: :2thumbs:

justcalldon
03-22-2016, 01:26 PM
How do you get the spyder codes app?

Justcalldon

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Try Googling Spydercodes...
It should give you a link to where you can download it... :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
03-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Patti got towed to the dealer and the ECU was the problem, she rented a car to get home and will pick her bike up in a couple of days, she is safe and headed home

Cruzr Joe

samewok
03-22-2016, 05:17 PM
Good that she is on her way home and they found the problem.

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Joe,
Thanks for letting us know that she's okay! :2thumbs:

SpyderTwyn
03-22-2016, 05:50 PM
Patti got towed to the dealer and the ECU was the problem, she rented a car to get home and will pick her bike up in a couple of days, she is safe and headed home

Cruzr Joe

What at is an ECU?

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 06:06 PM
That's the "Brain of the Bike"... nojoke

PrairieSpyder
03-22-2016, 06:38 PM

Cruzr Joe

I'm on the way home & stopped for lunch/supper. Thanks, Joe, for posting the update.

The svc mgr plugged it into buds while it was still on the trailer. Then went inside & forgot the codes. So he wrote a work order that says "unit had codes for air intake system and ecu shut down." So I don't know if the problem has really been found. But I'm on my way home & will go back for it when it's ready.

Thanks to all for you help & well wishes.

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 06:54 PM
:D We're just glad that you're okay, and the bike can be fixed. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
03-24-2016, 06:38 PM
I called the Stillwater dealer today to see what the prognosis is for my Spyder. They plan to get it in for diagnosis today or tomorrow at the latest. Then they'll know if they have to order parts. So I called the rental car agency to keep the rental for longer than planned.

It seems like it'd be more efficient to diagnose right away and order parts, if necessary. Then it'll be ready to work on when other projects are done. But as it is, they wait to diagnose, then wait for parts, then finally get around to solving the problem.:gaah:

ARtraveler
03-24-2016, 08:30 PM
I called the Stillwater dealer today to see what the prognosis is for my Spyder. They plan to get it in for diagnosis today or tomorrow at the latest. Then they'll know if they have to order parts. So I called the rental car agency to keep the rental for longer than planned.

It seems like it'd be more efficient to diagnose right away and order parts, if necessary. Then it'll be ready to work on when other projects are done. But as it is, they wait to diagnose, then wait for parts, then finally get around to solving the problem.:gaah:

One of the nightmare scenarios that people run into. The "service" seems to have nothing to do with taking care of the customer. We had a dealer here in Anchorage that would not make appointments. You brought it in and it was 3 to 5 days before they even looked at it. Then the diagnosis, then the order parts, then the getting around to fixing it. Most of the time, the fix was botched. They did not even know the location of the battery when the NtA group stopped there to get a :spyder2: fixed. The good news, they are no longer selling or servicing :ani29:.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-24-2016, 09:18 PM

It's only a little over 4 weeks to Spyderfest :yikes:........Patti, we'll miss you if can't make it :( :( :( ......Mike :bbq:

PrairieSpyder
03-24-2016, 09:24 PM
It's only a little over 4 weeks to Spyderfest :yikes:........Patti, we'll miss you if can't make it :( :( :( ......Mike :bbq:

Oh, I'll be at Spyderfest, with or without a spyder!

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-24-2016, 09:39 PM
I know you will......I've been :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: ever since you posted this. I was just teasing :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....I know I'm bad :lecturef_smilie: and I need :helpsmilie:.........Mike .........How about I fix your Spyder up with a secret frunk release as an " apology ".........:bowdown:

Bob Denman
03-25-2016, 06:59 AM
:2thumbs:
Now THAT's the spirit!! :clap:

PrairieSpyder
03-25-2016, 05:41 PM
Well, they still haven't figured out the problem. It's in the shop and BUDS indicates air intake system . . . it's sucking too much air. The ECU shut-down was a result and he stays the ECU isn't a problem. But they've not been able to narrow down what is causing the problem and have no idea, yet, as to what to fix and/or replace.

I have a rental car till Tuesday afternoon, and can extend the contract, but I'd rather not have the expense. I'm looking driving down on Tuesday morning and returning the car, then taking a bus home (15 hours total, including 6 hour lay-over in Kansas City . . if all goes on schedule). Then when the Spyder is ready I'll borrow or rent a trailer and go down to pick it up.

billybovine
03-25-2016, 06:08 PM
By your description it is likely an air leak. There are a several possible causes. They just need to work through them one by one.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Wow, I'm praying for you extra hard now.........Does anyone know anything about this Dealership and the Techs they have working there ????.....Since it's still in Warranty they should just start ordering Parts according to what B.U.D.S. is telling them right or wrong BRP is going to have to PAY for it not the Dealer you are at, so I don't understand why they are JERKING you around....Do you think it's the " FEMALES ARE STUPID ATTITUDE THING " ??????......JMHO....Mike :gaah:

PrairieSpyder
03-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Wow, I'm praying for you extra hard now.........Does anyone know anything about this Dealership and the Techs they have working there ????.....Since it's still in Warranty they should just start ordering Parts according to what B.U.D.S. is telling them right or wrong BRP is going to have to PAY for it not the Dealer you are at, so I don't understand why they are JERKING you around....Do you think it's the " FEMALES ARE STUPID ATTITUDE THING " ??????......JMHO....Mike :gaah:

I didn't get the impression they think I'm stupid, or jerking me around. I think they just got started on it after having it three days, and haven't yet figured out what's going on. I know BRP will make it right, one way or another. I'm mostly concerned about the rental car cost while they're doing their thing.

PrairieSpyder
03-25-2016, 08:49 PM
By your description it is likely an air leak. There are a several possible causes. They just need to work through them one by one.

Would an air leak cause it to take in too much air? Unfortunately the machine isn't here, and the work is out of my hands. I don't know how I could help them now. But thanks for the ideas.

Gray Ghost
03-26-2016, 08:11 AM
Would an air leak cause it to take in too much air? Unfortunately the machine isn't here, and the work is out of my hands. I don't know how I could help them now. But thanks for the ideas.
Yes, it can.

Bob Denman
03-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Yup! :agree: If they're saying that it's running lean; there's too much air being allowed into the system...
The 998s used to develop cracks in the intake manifolds (Due to high underbody temperatures). I doubt that this is the case with the 1330s, but tracking it down would be the same kind of process.

billybovine
03-26-2016, 08:41 AM
I also assume too much air means running lean. That's why the comment for the air leak. But it could be a faulty fuel injector as well.

spyderyderjim
03-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Well, they still haven't figured out the problem. It's in the shop and BUDS indicates air intake system . . . it's sucking too much air. The ECU shut-down was a result and he stays the ECU isn't a problem. But they've not been able to narrow down what is causing the problem and have no idea, yet, as to what to fix and/or replace.

I have a rental car till Tuesday afternoon, and can extend the contract, but I'd rather not have the expense. I'm looking driving down on Tuesday morning and returning the car, then taking a bus home (15 hours total, including 6 hour lay-over in Kansas City . . if all goes on schedule). Then when the Spyder is ready I'll borrow or rent a trailer and go down to pick it up.

Patti,
Sorry to hear problems with your 2014 RT, & had it hauled to dealer.
Hopefully service guy pulled/checked your air filter, & checked all the airbox connection bands were tight.
You rode over some rough roads in Alaska, so may have shook one of the airbox connections loose, sucking air in now.
Also ask service guy to push in each relay real firm in the Right & Left fuse boxes, & the fuses too.
(I had several loose relays & also a b.o. relay in my previous 2014 RT after riding over some really rough roads, that left me stranded).
A lean condition could also be a bad O2 sensor, (that should show up on BUDDS check).
Also service can check exhaust pipe gasket in front of Cat, & muffler inlet connection.
(just giving you a few ideas I though of to check).
Hang in there!
Jim

pitzerwm
03-27-2016, 12:51 AM
I'd go and pick up my bike and take it anywhere but where it is at. IMO these people are incompetent or crooks or both. Take you bike to someone that you know is ok, or anyone but these people. With any mechanical or electronic problem with a machine that has been around awhile and you have had any training on repairing said machine, there is a procedure to trouble shoot all problems. "He forgot the codes" WTF. Idiot:banghead::banghead::banghead: If I ran into them, I'd say it to their face. Sounds by the above comments that totally incompetent dealers are the normal.

DJFaninTN
03-27-2016, 12:58 AM
sorry about your issues there. hope that you get some good news this week!!! :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
03-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the ideas, Jim.

Pitzerwm, I did consider having it shipped to Pitbull before the actually got it tore down, but it's too late now.

I'm sure the tech has access to BRP resources, etc, and will eventually find the problem. I just hate not having my Spyder handy.:sour:

Bob Denman
03-27-2016, 08:43 AM
:shocked: I'll bet that it makes you feel a little bit short of breath; doesn't it? :shocked:
Hang in there! :thumbup: