PDA

View Full Version : What other forums are you on (hobbies)?

Jenfz09
03-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Besides here and the Yamaha forum, I spend time on banjohangout since I play bluegrass banjo, mandolin, fiddle and guitar, but have the most fun with the banjo. Other than that, I'll go on bodybuilding.com once in a while.

What are your hobbies/interests outside of Spyders?

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 08:27 AM
Even though I no longer own the bike:
www.grizzlyowners.com

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126273&stc=1

It was full of great guys and gals, and we always had great times!

blacklightning
03-22-2016, 08:46 AM
I have had, and still have quite a few hobbies and toys. I am currently a member of the M109 riders forums (owned 2 of those), a member of the zzrbikes forum (owned 2 of those), member of the zx14ninja forums (owned 1 of those), member of horsepowerjunkes (for my ford lightning), member of the local mustang forums (for my Ford Roush), and a member of 2 vmax forums (my next toy:2thumbs:). I actually joined here about 18 months before purchasing my spyder. Guess you could say I like to do my research.

BilltheDiver
03-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Lumberjocks.com & scrollsawworkshopblogspot.com. I do a lot of woodworking as a hobby.

TXrider
03-22-2016, 09:54 AM
Flat track forums as my husband and I vintage race ol' flat track M/Cs! Currently in our stable we have an HD Sprint; Triumph 500; Brake-less Honda; a few Yamaha's and Rotaxes.

vided
03-22-2016, 10:18 AM
The Napping Forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 10:42 AM
The Napping Forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::roflblack::ro flblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That sounds like something that I could be really good at! :D
Where are the meetings held, and do you guys serve snacks? :thumbup:

Orange Spyder Man
03-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I frequent gun forums... i shoot competition pistol .. in fact i do spend more time shooting than any of my other hobbies.. here are a few of my competition pistols...

osmhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126283&stc=1

ARtraveler
03-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Besides here and the Yamaha forum, I spend time on banjohangout since I play bluegrass banjo, mandolin, fiddle and guitar, but have the most fun with the banjo. Other than that, I'll go on bodybuilding.com once in a while.

What are your hobbies/interests outside of Spyders?

I like to flatpick the bluegrass stuff. I also have a Deering B9 banjo--that plays just like a guitar. Those banjo chords always intimidated me a bit.

I am not on any other forums in addition to SL.

mowin
03-22-2016, 01:44 PM
RV/camping forums. Bbq, smoking meats, sausage making. Few gun, hunting forums.
Even though I got rid of the spyder, I find myself visiting here the most.:thumbup:

pegasus1300
03-22-2016, 01:46 PM
I am on Venturers.Com and VentureRiders. Com (owned 7 Ventures and Royal Stars). Goldwing Docs(owned 1 of those). Not a forum but an email group for model trains on Yahoo and Peach Creek. I have other hobbies and interests,but don't spend time in forums for them.

spydaman60
03-22-2016, 01:52 PM
coachman rv owners forum, a couple of other camping forums and a couple of gun forums. about covers it!:thumbup:

spidergreg
03-22-2016, 01:58 PM
Lake Cumberland Boaters forum

JerryB
03-22-2016, 02:43 PM
Hi Jenfz09,

Re: What are your hobbies/interests outside of Spyders?

Although I no longer jump, I do spend way too much time on: www.dropzone.com (http://www.dropzone.com)

I think it is an addictive thing. :yes:

Jerry Baumchen

Myersd802003
03-22-2016, 03:28 PM
I was in a Jeep Cherokee forum. I'm not in any forums, but I do like guns and making AR 15s.

ThreeWheels
03-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I'm in the Catalina 25 association forum.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126299&stc=1

STELLING MAN
03-22-2016, 04:38 PM
I too am a member of the Banjo Hangout, I play Stelling banjo's, along with Bass and Dobro, but I have the most fun riding my 2013 RT-S..

Bob Denman
03-23-2016, 07:27 AM
I frequent gun forums... i shoot competition pistol .. in fact i do spend more time shooting than any of my other hobbies.. here are a few of my competition pistols...

osmhttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126283&stc=1
Tell me about those "Race" pistols... :bowdown:
I shot Bullseye for over 30 years. Our toys were never that neat-looking! :thumbup:
I used a grip-mount on my .45, and .38 Wadcutter guns in the outdoor matches; your frame mounts look awesome!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126368&stc=1

Jenfz09
03-23-2016, 08:15 AM
I too am a member of the Banjo Hangout, I play Stelling banjo's, along with Bass and Dobro, but I have the most fun riding my 2013 RT-S..

Yes, I love my Stelling banjo too!

Saluda
03-24-2016, 05:42 AM
& Snowmobiling. dootalk.com

Pandy
03-24-2016, 08:48 AM
Couple of Maxi Scooter forums, ADV and Chevy Avalanche Fan Club. Just keeping up with machinery
Patrick

Orange Spyder Man
03-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Bob... all my competition pistols are STI... 4 of them are regular production pistols.. my last one is a STI custom.. (not in the pictures)... all of them are chambered for 9mm.. and I load all my ammo... 2 of them I shoot MAJOR the others are for MINOR classification.. meaning the MAJOR are loaded (HOT) around 1400 FPS ... regular loaded Winchester 9mm cartridges are in the 960 FPS ... so thus the reason these pistols are called RACE pistols.. or OPEN classification.. which means most things are legal as long as they are safe... the scopes are Cmore red dot scopes... mags for my race pistols hold 30 rounds each... my pistols are comp fitted for controlling recoil.. I shoot 124gr Precision Delta HP jacketed bullets... lead bullets melt at the speeds we push these bullets so jacketed bullets are required.. my major load for competition is 6.8 gr Auto Comp Winchester powder.. these pistols are a boot to shoot.. they are VERY LOUD however because of the ported comp on the barrel.. but they cycle VERY FAST for the next shoot.. I shoot standing steel matches & EPSY (run & shoot) matches.. I shoot right at 3,000 rounds a month ...
osm
QUOTE=Bob Denman;1106222]Tell me about those "Race" pistols... :bowdown:
I shot Bullseye for over 30 years. Our toys were never that neat-looking! :thumbup:
I used a grip-mount on my .45, and .38 Wadcutter guns in the outdoor matches; your frame mounts look awesome!

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126368&stc=1[/QUOTE]

Bob Denman
03-24-2016, 11:46 AM
:shocked: Hot loads are FUN!! :clap:
For Bullseye: we load them at levels that will reliably function the pistol, and that's it. No compensators: the muzzle flash would throw off aiming.
My .45 was pitching 200 gr LSWCs down range at about 800 fps, and my .38 was doing the same thing with 148 gr HBWCs at about 650 fps...
You could see them in flight!! nojoke
My .45 was an ex-government gun, that I built from the ground up, and the .38 was a Kart/Caspian monster, that I also had to figure out on my own...

Orange Spyder Man
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
I doubt you can see my bullets in flight.. lol... Race pistols are very finicky... because they have lightened slides & hot loads...so they can cycle so fast.. (better for getting off the next shot)... last night we practiced .. one stage there was 5 EPSY targets.. kinda aligned like in a 5 of spades ... one in the middle with the 4 others aligned on the sides... draw & shoot each target twice as fast as you can... I did it in 3.11 seconds... not too shabby ... I love to shoot.. its addictive...

osm

UOTE=Bob Denman;1106744]:shocked: Hot loads are FUN!! :clap:
For Bullseye: we load them at levels that will reliably function the pistol, and that's it. No compensators: the muzzle flash would throw off aiming.
My .45 was pitching 200 gr LSWCs down range at about 800 fps, and my .38 was doing the same thing with 148 gr HBWCs at about 650 fps...
You could see them in flight!! nojoke
My .45 was an ex-government gun, that I built from the ground up, and the .38 was a Kart/Caspian monster, that I also had to figure out on my own...[/QUOTE]

Bob Denman
03-24-2016, 03:58 PM
It is addictive! :clap:
When the Command to "Load five rounds" is given; it always makes my smile get bigger!! :D

Mazo EMS2
03-25-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm on a couple of snowmobiling forums, DooTalk, and JohnDee a lot, and I log onto a few firefighter/EMS sites as well. I don't own a snowmobile anymore, but I do the grooming for our club. And I'm a firefighter and officer for two departments, as well as an EMT and officer of our service, so I stay pretty busy with all of that. Here's a couple of the units we pull our grooming drags with, and of course the other is a controlled house burn we just did a couple weeks ago.

Sam Mac
03-25-2016, 07:36 PM
I restore old Cub Cadets and I'm a moderator on a Cub forum called Only Cub Cadets. If any of you guys have questions about older Cubs holler and I'll try to help. Pic is one that I have in my collection, it's a 1962 Cub Original.