PDA

View Full Version : First trip with BRP Freedom Trailer. My review of it.

Cruzr Joe
03-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Took my RTL to Raceland La, last week to Spyders in the Bayou (nice event). Pulled my new Freedom Trailer that i got from PitBull Powersports in Springfield Missouri and thought i would do a review for others to consider.

Cons:
One access door.
Lid not as heavy/solid as the RT-622.
Can not use Spyder key.

Now with the cons out of the way let me tell you that i am very happy with the Freedom Trailer, here's why.

Pulls like a dream (as easy as the 622).
Water tight, it got hit by some real heavy rains and not a single drop got inside.
Does not need a water Management system like the 622, when you open the lid the water will not run into the trailer.
although it is a tiny bit smaller than the 622, i could not tell it, plenty of room for all the gear and luggage etc.
It sits a little lower and a little wider than the 622.
When you open the lid you have full access to any area of the trailer.

All in all I was quite pleased with it and have no hesitation about recommending it to any Spyder Ryder. :thumbup::thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 10:58 AM
Thanks, Joe! :thumbup:
Since there's about a 9% reduction in space; it's good to know that it wasn't a "make or break" part of the deal. :clap:
If only they'd offer them in the popular Spyder colors... :banghead:

Cruzr Joe
03-21-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Joe! :thumbup:
Since there's about a 9% reduction in space; it's good to know that it wasn't a "make or break" part of the deal. :clap:
If only they'd offer them in the popular Spyder colors... :banghead:

You can have any color that you like ........................... as long as it is black or black and red.

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
03-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a good replacement for the other version. And--$1K or so less. :yes::yes:

Cruzr Joe
03-21-2016, 01:52 PM
It does a good job as a replacement for the 622. And the tires on the 622 and freedom trailer are interchangeable.

Cruzr joe

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 02:17 PM
"Interchangeable"? :shocked:

Are we sure that's a good thing???

:D

Cruzr Joe
03-21-2016, 04:59 PM
"Interchangeable"? :shocked:

Are we sure that's a good thing???

:D

Yeah, that is a good thing. If you like the rims from your old trailer you can keep them. (Where did I hear a promise like that???)

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
03-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Don't think I have seen one on the new trailer. Has it's con's but seems to work well otherwise...thanks for the review...:bowdown:

DJFaninTN
03-21-2016, 07:44 PM
how many crawfish can it hold?? :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
03-22-2016, 11:42 AM
how many crawfish can it hold?? :roflblack:

Let me be clear on this...............I did not eat any of those Mud Bugs................:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smi lie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_sm ilie::lecturef_smilie: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

hawkiii
03-22-2016, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the review. I am getting ready to buy one and now I have a good review to make the purchase a little easier. I built the trailer I used to tow behind the GS but sold it with the GS also. My hitch should arrive later this week, once I get it on the the F3 I can go get the trailer.

Fatcycledaddy
03-22-2016, 03:30 PM
Yeah, that is a good thing. If you like the rims from your old trailer you can keep them. (Where did I hear a promise like that???)

Cruzr Joe

Oh great.....they won't work and it cost you extra to use them, then if you don't use them you have to pay a tax!:banghead:

Oh wait, this is Can Am, not the government... whew, had me worried for a bit.

Pampurrs
03-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Thanks Joe!

That's great info for when I shop for a trailer later this year.

Pam

Cruzr Joe
03-22-2016, 10:00 PM
The Freedom Trailer is definitely worth looking at.

Cruzr Joe

Bfromla
03-22-2016, 11:18 PM
Do you think there is a way to mount a bike odometer to either? https://drivemybike.wordpress.com/tag/cycle-computer/:dontknow: as i understand it you mount a magnet to rim & a sensor to frame, add the diamater to the unit & it caculates the rest. That way you can keep accurate trailer mileage :thumbup:
(Several types out there)

Just a thought

Bob Denman
03-23-2016, 07:14 AM
Let me be clear on this...............I did not eat any of those Mud Bugs................:lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smi lie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_sm ilie::lecturef_smilie::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126361&stc=1