PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Recommendations

michrick
03-21-2016, 06:47 AM
I'm in the market for a trailer to haul my Victory Cross Country and my wife's Can Am Spyder STS. It would also be used in the winter to haul 2 Arctic Cat Sleds as well. I would like it to be enclosed. Just thought I'd ask to see if anyone else hauls to bikes similar to ours, if it fit both bikes the sleds would fit for sure. Thanks much

Tango
03-21-2016, 08:43 AM
You need to figure out how you want to tow these babies. Back to back? Side to side? Determine how long and wide you need. IMO Go with an aluminum trailer to save weight. Make sure you get brakes. Might also need a dual axle trailer. Do you have a tow vehicle that can handle the weight? Also a "V" nosed trailer to help with wind drag. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

michrick
03-21-2016, 08:47 AM
Yes it will be a dual axle V nose, not looking to tow side by side, most likely offset or staggered. Just was looking to see if anyone does something similar with their bikes.

GearHd
03-21-2016, 09:35 AM
Look at the two place inline drive on drive off snowmobile trailers and see if they'll fit your bikes.

I have a standard 7x16 enclosed and it's just right for my Tiger and an ST-L but your Victory is going to be longer than my Tiger.

GearHd
03-21-2016, 09:40 AM
It looks like they call a 7x19 V nose inline trailer good for a 2 place snowmobile trailer. I bet that would be perfect for your bikes.

iGot2Fly
03-21-2016, 10:48 AM
I ma also in the market for a Spyder and regular motorcycle trailer. I was able to do a test fit of my 2014 ST-L and a Indian Cheiftain in a 7x14 ATC v-nose trailer. It fit pretty well, but I would definitely test fit before buying.

michrick
03-21-2016, 11:06 AM
Thanks the Indian and Victory are close in size, I do plan on loading my bike first and backing the Spyder in. The size if I have to go bigger is the only concern seeing I have to back in off the street and its narrow but I do it regularly with a 14' landscape trailer and a 14' deck over 2 place snowmobile trailer

iGot2Fly
03-21-2016, 11:23 AM
Thanks the Indian and Victory are close in size, I do plan on loading my bike first and backing the Spyder in. The size if I have to go bigger is the only concern seeing I have to back in off the street and its narrow but I do it regularly with a 14' landscape trailer and a 14' deck over 2 place snowmobile trailer
When I test fit I actually pulled the spyder straight in first to the left, removed, and the Indian fit in a few feet back and too the right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

michrick
03-21-2016, 09:15 PM
Thanks I'm going to check out a Blizzard 2 place staggered snowmobile trailer but I will check out the ATC trailers as well