PDA

View Full Version : Paddle shifter for SE 5

pegasus1300
03-21-2016, 01:45 AM
does anybody have a spare shift paddle from an SE 5? The one on my 2012 RT is broken. I can still shift it ok but it has a longer throw then normal and I would like replace it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-21-2016, 09:22 AM
I took mine apart ( a few years ago ) and since it is electric not mechanical I don't see how your issue could occur and still function at all....................Mike :bbq:

bronzeflex42
03-21-2016, 09:23 AM
Whoa first time hearing of one broken. Have you tried searching Ebay? Almost can find just about anything on there. :ohyea:

Chupaca
03-21-2016, 09:28 AM
I know you can only get the whole command from BRP. You can however get a better price on ebay, cheapcycleparts.com etc. I have also used the national used motorcycle parts but it takes some time for them to locate the parts. :thumbup:

pegasus1300
03-21-2016, 10:54 AM
The post that goes up from the paddle is broken in half. I don't know how or why and I don't know why it still works but it does. Yes I took it out and looked at it. If I can get one reasonable I will replace it,if not I won't worry about it as long as it works.

I took mine apart ( a few years ago ) and since it is electric not mechanical I don't see how your issue could occur and still function at all....................Mike :bbq:

billybovine
03-21-2016, 11:15 AM
To get new the RT switch is a far more expensive to fix than the older RS models. I think, but you have to confirm that all the RT Left Multifunction Controls are basically the same for all years. You may be able to get one from a wrecker. Often they post on Ebay.

Good Luck.

pegasus1300
03-21-2016, 11:26 AM
None on ebay at this time. If I have to buy the whole controle module I wont be worrying about it. I was just hopeing there might be a paddle out there but if not oh well.

I have tried repairing it but so far nothing has held for very long.

ARtraveler
03-21-2016, 11:42 AM
How about that new laser light glue system that they are advertising on TV lately?

I don't have a link, but you should be able to google it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM
None on ebay at this time. If I have to buy the whole controle module I wont be worrying about it. I was just hopeing there might be a paddle out there but if not oh well.

I have tried repairing it but so far nothing has held for very long.
Remember the issues with the RT windshield ARMS breaking.......There was someone here who broke the gear wheel trying to get it off the HEX shaft......He used some type of glue I never heard of to repair it....AND IT WORKED ..... and that wheel was under a HUGH amount of STRESS......If it worked there it would work any where....This post was tied in with the Aluminum Arms from Australia from ( I think ) no boots......Sorry I can't remember who used the GLUE.......Mike :bbq:

pegasus1300
03-21-2016, 03:16 PM
I found that post, where he describes replacing the arm and has to break the gear to get it off. He shows that he used Plastic Weld a 2 part epoxy. I haven't tried that one,tho I did use JB Weld which I have had good luck with in the past. I can look and see if I can find that around here.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-21-2016, 04:30 PM
I found that post, where he describes replacing the arm and has to break the gear to get it off. He shows that he used Plastic Weld a 2 part epoxy. I haven't tried that one,tho I did use JB Weld which I have had good luck with in the past. I can look and see if I can find that around here.
Sorry I thought it was more exotic than that :roflblack:........and I have also had great success with JB weld ....I'm surprised it didn't work....................Mike :bbq: