PDA

View Full Version : How to Keep you Wallet Secure

JCWeatherman
03-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Not for everyone, but . . .

If you are into high-tech wallets, here is how I keep my stuff secure while I am riding. I was looking for a solution that did not include the classic trucker/biker look (nothing against truckers or bikers ... all good folks ... but I'm more of a geeky school teacher). So I bought a Trayvax wallet online; they all have holes that you can use to hook onto a key chain or secure with a carabiner. Then I bought a couple of carabiners and some parachute cord at Walmart and had my daughter braid it into a lanyard. When I ride, the big carabiner goes around a belt loop.

To use it, you have to take the little carabiner off of the wallet, so I had my daughter make the lanyard long enough that I don't have to unhook the big carabiner from the belt loop. BTW, the lanyard is only about 9" long.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126175&stc=1

You can't tell from this picture, but there are 14 ID, medical, and credit cards in the wallet, along with $10 I had to my name after I completed this project :sour:

Mazo EMS2
03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Well, you put a lot of thought into it. I put my wallet in my inner zippered coat pocket, the key is in the ignition while riding obviously. My phone is either in another zippered pocket, or in the cradle on the bars. When I hop off, the key goes in a pants pocket, the phone goes on my belt clip, and the wallet, well that comes out to buy lunch....Pretty straight forward for me

wyliec
03-20-2016, 05:52 PM
I like it. I'll be getting the extended strap; but, I don't think I'll be adding any do-dads. I liked the story about the nail gun, and not getting a broken hip on their website.

By the way, everything is secure in my present wallet, even my debit card. Long story short, I check my bank accounts most every day, and yesterday I was short $1820. Someone used my debit card number in Florida, Ohio, California, and Oklahoma on 3/18 & 3/19. So, so much for security.

IGETAROUND
03-20-2016, 07:12 PM
I like it. I'll be getting the extended strap; but, I don't think I'll be adding any do-dads. I liked the story about the nail gun, and not getting a broken hip on their website.

By the way, everything is secure in my present wallet, even my debit card. Long story short, I check my bank accounts most every day, and yesterday I was short $1820. Someone used my debit card number in Florida, Ohio, California, and Oklahoma on 3/18 & 3/19. So, so much for security.

​Checking daily is a good type of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) behavior!!! Glad you caught that so as to be able to alert your financial institution.:clap::clap::clap::thumbup::thumbup:

Al

Explorer
03-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Good job. Now use the 10 spot to buy your daughter icecream.
I ware a travelers neck pouch,wheather traveling or not. Can't lose it. No one can steal it.

Cavman
03-21-2016, 11:04 AM
I got one of the Signal Vault cards and put it in my wallet. They are having a Shark Tank special on their website.

blitzkreig
03-21-2016, 09:34 PM
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Mens-Biker-Rocker-Long-Genuine-Leather-Zipper-Wallet-w-Purse-Chain-Black-/272076479287?hash=item3f59059b37

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-22-2016, 07:31 AM
All of my riding gear has zippered pockets