PDA

View Full Version : Dealers Should Network

BajaRon
02-20-2009, 02:01 PM
Don't know if they do or not (doesn't seem like it) but dealers need to network just like we do here.

Thanks Lamont for this forum. Spyder Lover's get so much more information than in the old days where the dealer could tell you any story and you had to go with it because you just didn't know any better.

How many times have you been told "No one else is having this problem" only to discover that a lot of people are having the same issue.

If dealers would network they could get in front of a lot of these issues instead of having to reinvent the wheel for issues that have been resolved elsewhere.

sleepman
02-20-2009, 02:05 PM
Or the dealers that just don't seem to care could infect that ones are excellent.

I know my dealers tech views this forum and posts here as well. They've always been truthful with me and even though I complain when my Spyder has a problem and can be a real pain in the "rear" they always take care of me.

M2Wild
02-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Smart ones research their customer's issues on forum such as this and gather necessary info to augment their knowledge base. If someone has a better clue or approach, why re invent the wheel?

bjt
02-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I agree that their should be a Spyder tech network where dealerships can go to post about problems and fixes. I find it nice that some dealerships have a voice in these forums but in no way do I think they should be required to view user forums. One reason is that I think its unreasonable to expect someone who works 8 + hours a day on assembling and repairing various bikes, atvs, etc. and then expect them to spend their free time reading through all our stuff. If they had to do that for even 5 different machines, it could add hours to their workday. :( Kudos to the dealers, service managers and techs that do read these forums. :clap:

dryheat
02-20-2009, 08:28 PM
:agree:I agree, dealers could learn alot from each other, but I can understand why they may seem in the dark on many issues. Most have only a few Spyders going through their shop; the bulk of their business is other vehicles; and if they don't experience a problem, they aren't likely to hear about the issues that we owners know about from forums like this. Of course, BRP ought to be the ones who filter the information and make the effort to inform their network of potential problems and fixes.

I had mine in for the 6K check and they were amazed at the mods and what was available for Spyders, but didn't seem to have a clue about many of the Service Bulletins. As an owner, you are much better informed!

BajaRon
02-20-2009, 09:28 PM
I had mine in for the 6K check and they were amazed at the mods and what was available for Spyders, but didn't seem to have a clue about many of the Service Bulletins. As an owner, you are much better informed!

:agree: Just think how in the dark we would be as Spyder owners without this forum. I don't think we even realize how much we know just by visiting here from time to time.

As stated before, you can't believe everything you read, here or anywhere else. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to sift the good from the bad, I don't think.

And I'd say most of what you get here is pretty good!

crazycanuck
02-20-2009, 09:32 PM
:agree: Just think how in the dark we would be as Spyder owners without this forum. I don't think we even realize how much we know just by visiting here from time to time.

As stated before, you can't believe everything you read, here or anywhere else. But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to sift the good from the bad, I don't think.

And I'd say most of what you get here is pretty good!

:agree:you are 100% correct. This site has so much information that even the dealers are amazed at some of the things I tell them just in case they experince that problem with a customer.

LDFIREWORKS
02-20-2009, 10:13 PM
i agree you are all right:thumbup::agree::agree:

ataDude
02-20-2009, 10:23 PM
...If dealers would network they could get in front of a lot of these issues instead of having to reinvent the wheel for issues that have been resolved elsewhere.

I agree... sometimes it's like we have to reinvent the wheel multiple times.

ataDude
02-20-2009, 10:25 PM
... But it doesn't take a brain surgeon to sift the good from the bad, I don't think...

Oh, I thought you said brain sturgeon at first:
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/images/census_sturgeon.jpg

speedster200
02-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm a dealer and I monitor the site for problems that are happening with the Spyder. By being aware of problems we will be able to diagnose service issues with the Spyder and have the units returned back to customers with minimal down time.
I also look to the site for after market trends.
BEST of all I just like riding the Spyder and enjoy it tremendously.:yes:

speedster200
02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Dealers have no excuse for not reading the service bulletins!
BRP sends bulletins via the dealer BOSSWEB network and follows that up with a paper bulletin to put into a binder that is sent to the dealer new EVERY YEAR.