:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-20-2016, 11:17 AM
Which Milestone will we reach first?

20,000 members?
or
1,000,000 Posts?

If you have anything to do with it .....IT WILL BE THE .....POSTS :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack:..........Mike :bbq:

Bob Denman
03-20-2016, 11:45 AM
:opps: I'd rather help get more members... nojoke

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126169&stc=1

I'm guessing that the million post mark will be reached just about the week before SpyderFest.

Ben Burped
03-20-2016, 12:31 PM
If we all could aspire to the time, thought, and left clicking that you so graciously and generously demonstrate to all of us, we will easily reach the 1,000,000 posts mark.

spydaman60
03-20-2016, 02:10 PM
hard to believe bob d that you have 6.5% of the total posts on spyderlovers. holy crap!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

beast68
03-20-2016, 02:26 PM
Bob reaching 100,000 posts.

Bob Denman
03-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Bob reaching 100,000 posts.

That's not a goal; it would point to a serious problem! :yikes:

ARtraveler
03-20-2016, 06:06 PM
20,000 members. 253 to go as of this second.

As of 8:42 PM Alaska DST, we now have 249 to go. Welcome to the four new members since this afternoon. :2thumbs:

Pampurrs
03-20-2016, 06:30 PM
hard to believe bob d that you have 6.5% of the total posts on spyderlovers. holy crap!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That's because he posts a minimum of five times on every thread. Me, I'd rather be out riding, or doing something constructive rather then worrying about getting my post count higher than anyone else.

Pam

Ron2andia
03-20-2016, 07:00 PM
We will get both! :thumbup:

Chupaca
03-20-2016, 07:21 PM
The member count will win... we need fresh blood here..:roflblack::roflblack: We can rehash tires, oil and mpg's anytime.....:roflblack:

bscrive
03-20-2016, 07:40 PM
That's because he posts a minimum of five times on every thread. Me, I'd rather be out riding, or doing something constructive rather then worrying about getting my post count higher than anyone else.

Pam

Be nice Pam. :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: Without posters like Bob, this would be a boring forum. Post away Bob..... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

jaherbst
03-20-2016, 07:51 PM
Which Milestone will we reach first?

20,000 members?
or
1,000,000 Posts?

No doubt about it. The posts, unless something happens to you Bob.

Jack

Pampurrs
03-20-2016, 08:07 PM
Be nice Pam. :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie: Without posters like Bob, this would be a boring forum. Post away Bob..... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I guess we all have different reasons for coming here. I know I'm a minority here, but I only come here to gather and/or share knowledge and experience about Spyders or motorcycling in general. I'd prefer to see more of those type of posts and less of the irrelevant junk. However, I realize that will never happen, because for many people this is their personal social media outlet. So yes, post away Bob. Get your post count up to 1,000,000 :doorag:

Pam

Ex-Rocket
03-20-2016, 09:25 PM
Get to 20,000 members is all well and good but just how many of those members are active? I'm guessing that number is pretty low. Would it be safe to guess less than 2000 or would it be even lower?

Cruzr Joe
03-20-2016, 09:38 PM

Pam

PAM:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126218&stc=1

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
03-20-2016, 09:42 PM
I guess we all have different reasons for coming here. I know I'm a minority here, but I only come here to gather and/or share knowledge and experience about Spyders or motorcycling in general. I'd prefer to see more of those type of posts and less of the irrelevant junk. However, I realize that will never happen, because for many people this is their personal social media outlet. So yes, post away Bob. Get your post count up to 1,000,000 :doorag:

Pam

It is called interaction, bob is stuck in an office for long periods of time and this is one of his enjoyments, don't knock it. MINORITY???? Hell I thought you were a white girl. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Pampurrs
03-20-2016, 09:52 PM
It is called interaction, bob is stuck in an office for long periods of time and this is one of his enjoyments, don't knock it. MINORITY???? Hell I thought you were a white girl. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

All I can say is, I thank my lucky stars that I didn't choose a career as boring as selling insurance. :bowdown:

Pam

jaherbst
03-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Who knows what really takes place in the inner sanctums of Bobs office. By viewing some of his posts and video's Bob has led a tormented childhood

with an overwhelming desire to express them to those of us here on S/L. His parents never took him to an Exorcist to get rid of this overwhelming

Psychosis.

If we all share our love and warm feelings toward Bob perhaps we can be of assistance with his cure. We all love you Bob! :joke:

Contrary to the belief that some here can't have deep feelings and love, I have observed there are such people. Unfortunately these feeling do not

involve anyone else! :D

Sheeeeesh people, how boring would this site be without "OL Lovable Bob".

Jack

ARtraveler
03-20-2016, 10:29 PM
Interaction is what the site is all about IMO. :spyder2:'s get a lot of attention. There is an off topic forum. If one does not like what's in it, I don't think anyone is being forced to go there.

I like to see new faces, but it is comforting to also see the "regulars" show up and post. Many of the regulars add much to the site. It don't all have to be technical. If it were, this site would bore most people to the point of leaving.

Pampurrs
03-20-2016, 10:56 PM
There is an off topic forum. If one does not like what's in it, I don't think anyone is being forced to go there.

The problem is, when people click on "New Posts", as I do on a regular basis, there is no way to filter out the garbage in the Off Topic Forum. So we have to sift through the mess trying to find useful posts.

There are many knowledgeable people on this forum who provide valuable and useful information. Then there are those who have nothing of substance to add, and just post garbage that we've already seen on Facebook or on the News.

Again, I know I cannot change this. I know I am in the minority. The owner of the forum lets it happen and that's just the way it is. I simply wish this was truly a "Spyder" forum, and not mucked up with garbage posted by those who have nothing of substance to contribute, and only wish to increase their post count.

Pam

Pampurrs
03-20-2016, 11:00 PM
<snip> how boring would this site be without "OL Lovable Bob".

More focused? More relevant? :dontknow:

Pam

SL Ken
03-21-2016, 12:28 AM
There is a forum like that. Google Spyder forums. It's a technical forum mostly. I am pretty sure that they get 10 or so new posts a week. At least it's more focused....

DriftersWay
03-21-2016, 05:00 AM
There is a forum like that. Google Spyder forums. It's a technical forum mostly. I am pretty sure that they get 10 or so new posts a week. At least it's more focused....

There is your cure Pam. You just need to follow it.
Bob you keep posting my friend.

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 06:47 AM
All I can say is, I thank my lucky stars that I didn't choose a career as boring as selling insurance. :bowdown:

Pam
:shocked: I was gonna stay out of here... until you posted this about the profession that has fed and housed my family... :gaah:

Dan McNally
03-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Up until I made this post, a full 20% of the posts on this thread were made by Pampurrs, complaining about Bob's posts. Pam, how do your posts, complaining about another member's number of posts jive with your contention that: " . . . I only come here to gather and/or share knowledge and experience about Spyders or motorcycling in general. I'd prefer to see more of those type of posts and less of the irrelevant junk."

You also posted: " . . . The problem is, when people click on "New Posts", as I do on a regular basis, there is no way to filter out the garbage in the Off Topic Forum. So we have to sift through the mess trying to find useful posts . . . "

If you go to the "New Posts" link, when the list comes up, look to the right - it shows what forum the posts are in - you can simply ignore the "Off Topic Board" and "Spyder General Discussion" posts, if that isn't what you are looking for.

Attacking a member is, IMO, worse than a member making comments - I don't recall Bob ever getting nasty with someone. I just don't understand the rationale of what seems like an attack on another member.:dontknow:

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 07:05 AM
:D Let's all play nice, and forget about what was said... :thumbup:

Trbayth
03-21-2016, 07:17 AM
The problem is, when people click on "New Posts", as I do on a regular basis, there is no way to filter out the garbage in the Off Topic Forum. So we have to sift through the mess trying to find useful posts.

There are many knowledgeable people on this forum who provide valuable and useful information. Then there are those who have nothing of substance to add, and just post garbage that we've already seen on Facebook or on the News.

Again, I know I cannot change this. I know I am in the minority. The owner of the forum lets it happen and that's just the way it is. I simply wish this was truly a "Spyder" forum, and not mucked up with garbage posted by those who have nothing of substance to contribute, and only wish to increase their post count.

Pam

Feel free to create your own hardcore, technical Spyder forum somewhere.

Derk
03-21-2016, 07:17 AM
Bob, I like reading your posts, keep them coming.

jaherbst
03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Up until I made this post, a full 20% of the posts on this thread were made by Pampurrs, complaining about Bob's posts. Pam, how do your posts, complaining about another member's number of posts jive with your contention that: " . . . I only come here to gather and/or share knowledge and experience about Spyders or motorcycling in general. I'd prefer to see more of those type of posts and less of the irrelevant junk."

You also posted: " . . . The problem is, when people click on "New Posts", as I do on a regular basis, there is no way to filter out the garbage in the Off Topic Forum. So we have to sift through the mess trying to find useful posts . . . "

If you go to the "New Posts" link, when the list comes up, look to the right - it shows what forum the posts are in - you can simply ignore the "Off Topic Board" and "Spyder General Discussion" posts, if that isn't what you are looking for.

Attacking a member is, IMO, worse than a member making comments - I don't recall Bob ever getting nasty with someone. I just don't understand the rationale of what seems like an attack on another member.:dontknow:

Maybe if she is that serious she should buy a maintenance manual and spend less time here and more time reading about nut, bolts and electrons.

Jack

Pampurrs
03-21-2016, 09:24 AM
Like I said, I'm a minority here. I only come to this forum for Spyder or motorcycle related topics. For others, this is their social hangout. I'm not complaining, just making commentary.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

kngfsh27
03-21-2016, 12:37 PM

Pam

WOW!!!!! That's low. I will make sure I never tell anyone what I did for a living. All I will say is it makes selling insurance sound exciting.

wyliec
03-21-2016, 12:47 PM
WOW!!!!! That's low. I will make sure I never tell anyone what I did for a living. All I will say is it makes selling insurance sound exciting.
There are times when selling insurance is......RIP.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/general-news/20160301/victorville-man-found-shot-dead-inside-ontario-insurance-office

kep-up
03-21-2016, 01:04 PM
LORD, HAVE MERCY!

armyspydervet
03-21-2016, 02:44 PM
Hey Bob, post away. The complaints seem like First World problems to me. I've learned in 20 years in my profession to always treat others with respect and mind your own business. Not sure why someone would make a negative comment about your profession over a some posts on a spyder forum. :dontknow:

Looking forward to our ride over to Spyderfest together. :yes:

Brentc
03-21-2016, 03:03 PM
Hey Bob, post away. The complaints seem like First World problems to me. I've learned in 20 years in my profession to always treat others with respect and mind your own business. Not sure why someone would make a negative comment about your profession over a some posts on a spyder forum. :dontknow:

Looking forward to our ride over to Spyderfest together. :yes:

:agree: What Chris said!

stillriding
03-21-2016, 03:32 PM
​At least there was no accusation that he is a used car salesman!

Brentc
03-21-2016, 04:36 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126243&stc=1

PS, ONE MORE POST AND I REACH 500!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 04:56 PM
Hey Brent!
So that's what "Life in a Fishbowl" is like?

(Answer me, and you're there!! :thumbup:)

SteveLaoyster
03-21-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm at 21 postings right now!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::2excited:: ohyea::clap::clap::clap:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Bob!! You keep on posting!!!

Bob Denman
03-21-2016, 05:13 PM
Get to 20,000 members is all well and good but just how many of those members are active? I'm guessing that number is pretty low. Would it be safe to guess less than 2000 or would it be even lower?

I know the answer to this question...
There are 658 pages of members at the current time.
We have 10,091 of them, that have never posted a single time.
With 19,756 members; that means that 9,665 of us have hit the keyboards! :thumbup:
(Almost half...)

kngfsh27
03-21-2016, 08:30 PM
Are we there yet? Just had to ask again.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
03-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Are we there yet? Just had to ask again.:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

241 members to go for 20,000. 6:04 PM AK DST

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 07:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Yx9xO98kcBU

BlueBayou
03-22-2016, 08:10 AM
So I guess, to some people, selling insurance as a living is below them. Well my father raised a family by sweeping floors and cleaning toilets as a janitor, so apparently he
would be way down in the social stratus. Bob happens to be my insurance agent and has helped me out on many occasions in more ways than one. As you can see by my
post count I am not exactly a "social butterfly", but I do come to this site every day and enjoy not only the technical posts, but the off topic ones as well. Keep them coming.

Jenfz09
03-22-2016, 08:16 AM
I'm at 21 postings right now!!!!!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::2excited:: ohyea::clap::clap::clap:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:Bob!! You keep on posting!!!

Hey Steve, we're in Lititz, not too far! Your smiley guys are cute. Do you ride with the local Spyder people? We have been riding with the Lancaster motorcycle group for the past few years on two wheels and are hoping to join the Spyder riders on three wheels.

Yeah, 23 posts over here. I'm off, so this week will be busier than normal on here, at least until I get the new Spyder registered today. If you ever want to ride with us, send me a PM.

From Bob's posts that I have read, keep on posting!

(bluebayou, that avatar is what nightmares are made of, but in all fairness, I'm sure my current gsxr avatar does the same to some)

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks, Wayne... :opps:

I'll relate this story again, so that folks who missed it before, will know where I'm coming from.
Many years ago; I rode ATVs as a hobby, and joined a site dedicated to my choice of ride. www.grizzlyowners.com (http://www.grizzlyowners.com)
It was a pretty active place, with virtually no monitoring of what was being said... The funny this was: it worked! :thumbup: Folks would discuss their bikes, their rides, their modifications, upcoming trips... they'd insult one-another, and tell some REALLY great jokes! :D (About 80% of them couldn't be posted here!:roflblack:) We all looked out for one another, and self-policed the place. Arguments rarely got out of hand, and were quickly reigned-in by other members.
Basically: it was like a rolling cocktail party at 10:00PM! :D
Once I traded my Grizzly for the Spyder, I found this place...

...And it was really BORING. nojoke Folks talked about gas fumes, oil in the airboxes, and DPS failures. That seemed to be about it. :gaah:
I saw "newbies" post, and get no responses, I saw a lot of one-sided conversations, where nobody really ever said much about themselves, or what they were feeling...
I knew that I had no skills with the bikes, but I knew how to spin a tale and tell a joke or two...
...And I let folks know that somebody would always hear what they said. :thumbup:

spydaman60
03-22-2016, 12:50 PM

Pampam, i'm getting him off the computer for ten days. we're headed to spyderfest in april. i'll make sure he doesn't pack it!! god only knows how many posts he'll make when he gets home though!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 12:51 PM
No; I'll have one with me... I'll have to check in with "The Boss", and process endorsements to the Companies just about every day... :banghead:

ARtraveler
03-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Thanks, Wayne... :opps:

I'll relate this story again, so that folks who missed it before, will know where I'm coming from.
Many years ago; I rode ATVs as a hobby, and joined a site dedicated to my choice of ride. www.grizzlyowners.com (http://www.grizzlyowners.com)
It was a pretty active place, with virtually no monitoring of what was being said... The funny this was: it worked! :thumbup: Folks would discuss their bikes, their rides, their modifications, upcoming trips... they'd insult one-another, and tell some REALLY great jokes! :D (About 80% of them couldn't be posted here!:roflblack:) We all looked out for one another, and self-policed the place. Arguments rarely got out of hand, and were quickly reigned-in by other members.
Basically: it was like a rolling cocktail party at 10:00PM! :D
Once I traded my Grizzly for the Spyder, I found this place...

...And it was really BORING. nojoke Folks talked about gas fumes, oil in the airboxes, and DPS failures. That seemed to be about it. :gaah:
I saw "newbies" post, and get no responses, I saw a lot of one-sided conversations, where nobody really ever said much about themselves, or what they were feeling...
I knew that I had no skills with the bikes, but I knew how to spin a tale and tell a joke or two...
...And I let folks know that somebody would always hear what they said. :thumbup:

Keep doing what you are doing my friend. Never mind the detractors. :yes::yes:

ARtraveler
03-22-2016, 12:58 PM
A reprint from 8/2015 when a similar subject came up.

The subject of "serial posters" came up in what I thought was a bit of an attack mode. The subject has also been addressed by a couple others, also in attack mode.

Since I have a few posts, I felt as though I was included in the attack. Have been on the site now for 6 plus years or so. The daily stats show that I average 10.57 posts per day. I must have left out some punctuation here and there to not have a full 11 to my credit. :roflblack::roflblack: With 50 to 75 active threads usually running at one time, I am not sure if I am a serial poster. No official rules have been posted that I know of. I do think that I would like to be considered as one though.

IMO: those who are regular posters do have a place on the site. IMO--of course.

What are some of the good things the regulars do for the site?

:ani29:: They welcome the newcomers that were brave enough to make that first post announcing their presence on the site.
:ani29:: They congratulate the person who has announced their new ride and welcome them to the :spyder2: fold.
:ani29:: Congratulations are given when a new farkle, baby, marriage, or other good thing is announced.
:ani29:: When someone is down, they are sometimes given words of cheer or encouragement.
:ani29:: When someone is ill or a death is announced, words of encouragement, tears, :pray:'s and condolences are offered.
:ani29:: When good stuff happens with the brand, cheerleaders are welcome.
:ani29:: When bad stuff happens with the brand, we also let them know.
:ani29:: Technical questions get answered. There are many knowledgeable people that have a wealth of experience on board.
:ani29:: There is an "off topic" thread which allows for non-:spyder2: banter to take place. I have received many chuckles, as well as picking up bits of new information from these sessions.
:ani29:: Occasionally, a troll gets shown the door.
:ani29:: Many who are "regulars" usually share in some daily banter, all in good fun, and amongst friends.
:ani29:: Sometimes a hijack is intentional, just to cool down a particular subject, or trying to put a different perspective on a hot button subject.

So, what am I trying to say? I do not think people should be criticized for being active on the site. I have been on a couple other sites where there were less than 10 posts a day. Not very interesting for me anyway.

We are fortunate to have the best site in the world for all things :spyder2:.

Kelloggs Corn Flakes :roflblack:

spydaman60
03-22-2016, 01:07 PM
No; I'll have one with me... I'll have to check in with "The Boss", and process endorsements to the Companies just about every day... :banghead:I tried! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-22-2016, 01:09 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126282&stc=1