PDA

View Full Version : Tricled Mirror Turn Signal LED's...orientation issue?

Old Prof
03-20-2016, 08:10 AM
Good morning all! In the process of installing these LED strips atop mirrors. The LEDs on each strip seem to be oriented/pointed to one side (once applied the light shines away from mirror rather than down). If I'm correct, the strips need to have one strip oriented for each side. The two I received are the same...meaning once applied one side will focus the light back toward rear of bike, and the other will focus the light INWARD toward the back of mirror housing. :dontknow:
Am I reading this wrong? Will it really make a difference? I want to make sure before making a permanent attachment. Your help, as always, is most appreciated.

Mazo EMS2
03-20-2016, 09:45 AM
Give em a jingle. Sounds like you have two lefts, or two rights??? Hard to tell without a picture

Chupaca
03-20-2016, 09:52 AM
If not clear in the instructions I would give them a call and find out it they are directional. Otherwise you would have to mount them where the wires are at opposite ends of the mirrors. Seems they should both face the same direction. Those who know will let you know I used button light on the dash . :dontknow:

Ex-Rocket
03-20-2016, 10:31 AM
I had mine installed at Spyderfest, so I'm not sure if there's a right or left or if they are both the same. Like others have said, to be sure call the manufacture to find out. Good luck with the install.

SpyderAnn01
03-20-2016, 08:25 PM
They are definitely directional. Email Cindy and she'll send you out another set.

fratzba
03-20-2016, 09:11 PM
You can always light them up with a 9v battery and double check that they really are both aligned the same.
They shouldn't be.

-Fratz

Cindy-TricLED
04-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Hi Old Prof, I just read this thread. Did you email us yet to sales@tricled.com?
I didn't remember receiving email regarding turn signal.
If this has not been solved please send us an email there and we will take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk