PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Interphone

SpydeeBite2
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Has anyone had any experiencce with the Blue Ant Interphone system? Trying to set up ride passanger communication on a budget. Your help, suggestions is appreciated. :chat:

Ron

sleepman
02-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Haven't used the blue ant, but I can't say enough good things about the Cardio Scala Q2

gazu
02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
My friend and I ride with the blue ant :
1) excellent for bike to bike communication,long range on
a straight line.
2) Works very well with the blackberry phone on bluetooth mode.
3) I can use the voice dial and I answer calls just by saying "hello"
4) long battery life.

only issue is the wind noise when going too fast, it gets a little
difficult to listen.

hope this helps !!!:2thumbs:

Spyderjuice
02-20-2009, 11:05 AM
Haven't used the blue ant, but I can't say enough good things about the Cardio Scala Q2

I just bought the Cardio Scala Q2 and so far it's been great. Priced reasonable too. Paid 169.00

Juice

tatt2r
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM

can you hook up ipod to that setup :coffee:

SpyderGirl
02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
We have the BlueAnt system and we are pretty happy with it. It's great for passenger to rider communications and bike-to-bike communications to up to around a 1/4 mile or so. You can't pipe music through and it's not in stereo, but it has a nice and loud volume setting and we have very little issues hearing each other at around 70 - 75MPH. We are also very happy with how long it holds a charge. About 6 hours for us. We plan on buying a back-up set to have charging up while we ride on our cross-country trip. I had the AutoCom system, but I hated the wires and never could get it to work right. Too complicated. The BlueAnt is simple and straight forward. While connected to another helmet you can hit the button again to connect to a paired cell phone.

SpydeeBite2
02-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for all the comments. As we do not talk on phone while riding or listen to music those are non issues.
We plan on being at bikeweek the 28 so hope to meet as many spyderlovers as we can.
Ron

SpyderGirl
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Then I would suggest you use the BlueAnt or the TeamSet. I read a review online comparing the two and the BlueAnt seems to be less complicated and easier to set-up and use. We were more interested in using it just to communicate with each other rider - passenger and bike - bike. No complaints. You can buy a pair of BlueAnt interphones on eBay for about $230. MobileCity online sells the 12v cigar charger for them.

SpydeeBite2
02-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Then I would suggest you use the BlueAnt or the TeamSet. I read a review online comparing the two and the BlueAnt seems to be less complicated and easier to set-up and use. We were more interested in using it just to communicate with each other rider - passenger and bike - bike. No complaints. You can buy a pair of BlueAnt interphones on eBay for about $230. MobileCity online sells the 12v cigar charger for them.

Thanks SpyderGirl. I think that is what we need.

sleepman
02-20-2009, 08:51 PM

You have to use and FM transmitter to pipe an ipod or any other mp3 player into the headphones. The bluetooth isn't the type that will do music. It does do mp3's from my Zumo to my headset though.

bone crusher
02-20-2009, 10:46 PM

Yes...I have a scala rider 2, iphone, and zumo 550 all hooked up together...

bone crusher
02-20-2009, 10:47 PM
For those who want a scala rider 2, the dealership where everyone is getting their hindles for 430.00 delivered will also get you a scala rider 2 for about 40.00 cheaper than anywhere else...

I highly recommend the zumo 550 as well...