PDA

View Full Version : SENA 10 Hearing Impaired

zuni
03-19-2016, 09:41 AM
I could have sworn a while back that I read that there is an adjustment or volume boost available for the SENA 10 for hearing impaired drivers. Can't find it for the life of me. Is anyone aware of this setting or procedure or am I confusing this with another headset?

CJ JAX

Brentc
03-19-2016, 09:46 AM
On the sm10, the unit on the bike that transmits the Bluetooth. You can press the center button twice upon startup and it will engage the audio boost to whatever it is transmitting. Nothing I know of on the headset units above the full volume with the jog dial. Hope that helps.

billybovine
03-19-2016, 09:53 AM
I could have sworn a while back that I read that there is an adjustment or volume boost available for the SENA 10 for hearing impaired drivers. Can't find it for the life of me. Is anyone aware of this setting or procedure or am I confusing this with another headset?

CJ JAX

What device are you asking about? The Sena SM10 dongle or the Sena SMH10 headset.

zuni
03-19-2016, 10:15 AM
What device are you asking about? The Sena SM10 dongle or the Sena SMH10 headset.
I wasn't sure which had the adjustment but the post by Brent answered it. Will try on the ride today after the rain showers pass through.

CJ JAX

2dogs
03-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I wasn't sure which had the adjustment but the post by Brent answered it. Will try on the ride today after the rain showers pass through.

CJ JAX

After you do the boost procedure on the dongle try adjusting the locations of your head set speakers. I found that they have to be spot on directly over your ear opening. If they're off by just a 1/4 of an inch it will make a big difference. The chin straps on my helmet are slightly in the way of getting an exact fit location for my speakers. Once I located the best spot possible I removed the excess padding in cheek pieces which helped immensely. Carefully removing all but the cloth covering on the cheek piece also held the speakers from moving around. It takes a few rides and some adjusting to get the speakers just right and then they'll work very well. You may also find that one speaker will work better in one location different than the opposite speaker. Like mine, I apparently have one ear opening slightly lower than the other. Good luck and take your time making those small adjustments to get that perfect fit.

JayBros
03-19-2016, 01:34 PM
After you do the boost procedure on the dongle try adjusting the locations of your head set speakers. I found that they have to be spot on directly over your ear opening. If they're off by just a 1/4 of an inch it will make a big difference.

Right on! I've found even 1/4" can be too much.

bmccaffrey
03-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Can you add a bluetooth volume booster to the headsets:dontknow:?.

Dave Have U Got An Answer ??