PDA

View Full Version : Whats the difference

Desert Spyder
03-18-2016, 08:55 PM
between a 15 RT-S and the RT-Ltd or even the Special Edition?

SpyderAnn01
03-18-2016, 08:57 PM
RTS has black trim, the LTD has chrome and the front luggage, and GPS. The Special has the black trunk lid,

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-18-2016, 09:11 PM
RTS has black trim, the LTD has chrome and the front luggage, and GPS. The Special has the black trunk lid,
:agree: .....But you forgot $ 3,500 :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack:.....Mike :gaah:

Desert Spyder
03-18-2016, 09:20 PM

So does it cost more to have the black frunk lid? That looks weird.

robmorg
03-18-2016, 10:08 PM
So does it cost more to have the black frunk lid? That looks weird. I think the cost is roughly equivalent to the RT-S - maybe a little more. Actually many think the two-tone paint job looks fairly cool. But it also comes with a short "sport" windshield which I would not like at all.

In addition to what Ann said, the Limited also comes with the GPS installed, and a few other goodies. You can see all the details of the model differences here (http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/help-me-choose.html) on the BRP web site. 2015 had the same trim packages, except for the addition of the "Special Edition".

SpyderSteveFL
03-19-2016, 11:07 AM
The LTD also comes with the fairly useless trunk shelf. I originally wanted the RT-S and didn't want to deal with all the chrome but I kinda wanted the factory GPS. Here's where it gets interesting (regarding the $3,500)... depending on dealer inventory, many have more LTDs they just want to get rid of. I actually got the LTD for just a few hundred more than the S they had and that was worth it to me for the GPS alone. Turns out the chrome isn't so bad, cleans easy with Honda polish and it does make it stand out. If you can score a really good deal on the LTD you won't be sorry. I didn't want to second guess myself down the road wishing I did it and was a no brainer at the deal made.

latony007
03-19-2016, 11:31 AM
im in the minority but i didnt think the S was worth the 3000 and the limited another 3000 more. I liked the base fenders better and wasnt interested in the chrome, or most likely chromed plastic, pieces or fog lights which are useless here in l.a. I would have liked the button adjustable rear suspension and the heated passenger grips but did not think they were worth 3000. I bluetooth GPS to my helmet and dont like trying to look at the map while driving so that didnt do anything for me. Let us know which one you pick!

robmorg
03-19-2016, 12:39 PM
The LTD also comes with the fairly useless trunk shelf.. I didn't realize that shelf was an upgrade. But I like mine. I keep it tucked up out of the way when not in use, but I often use it to hold items I want to use on any particular day without having to search through the deep trunk for. ;)

Bob Denman
03-19-2016, 12:58 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126133&stc=1

Desert Spyder
03-19-2016, 09:31 PM
The LTD also comes with the fairly useless trunk shelf. I originally wanted the RT-S and didn't want to deal with all the chrome but I kinda wanted the factory GPS. Here's where it gets interesting (regarding the $3,500)... depending on dealer inventory, many have more LTDs they just want to get rid of. I actually got the LTD for just a few hundred more than the S they had and that was worth it to me for the GPS alone. Turns out the chrome isn't so bad, cleans easy with Honda polish and it does make it stand out. If you can score a really good deal on the LTD you won't be sorry. I didn't want to second guess myself down the road wishing I did it and was a no brainer at the deal made.

Is that shelf the stupid cardboard shelf the rests on two belts that is buckled together? I bought that setup several years ago and was pretty disappointed with it. The bolts on the side keep vibrating loose so the shelf drops down dumping the stuff on it into the well. You'd think with a $30K+ vehicle of chrome, GPS, etc, they can do a little better than cardboard in the trunk. Geez Loueze

Mainiac
03-19-2016, 10:11 PM
I sold my 2011 RTS last July and I was really missing it so I went shopping again. I thought the special looked really cool so I demo'ed one. Hated the windshield. Dealer had the 15 limited there and asked him the price difference. He worked some numbers for me and I drove the limited home last Saturday for $300 more than the special:ohyea::2thumbs::yes::yes::yes:. Really really happy with the bike.