PDA

View Full Version : Laser alignment and belt adjustment

Fatcycledaddy
03-16-2016, 03:13 PM
After reading several threads in hear about laser alignment I have came to the conclusion that if you adjust your belt you could mess up your alignment.

Am i right in thinking that when adjusting the belt, if you measure the distance from the sprocket that the belt is tracking, if you turn the adjusters a equal amount per side, and the tracking of the belt is back to the same measurement from the sprocket, your alignment should be okay?:dontknow:

Belt is a little looser than the optimal specs right now but don't know if it is worth adjusting just yet if it messes with the alignment.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-16-2016, 03:40 PM
Friend, I would leave it alone.........I have my belt way under the NEW BRP specs and have no vibration......If you have a Kritkit gauge and it's at least 180 I wouldn't mess with it............jmho, ....Mike :bbq:

Fatcycledaddy
03-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Friend, I would leave it alone.........I have my belt way under the NEW BRP specs and have no vibration......If you have a Kritkit gauge and it's at least 180 I wouldn't mess with it............jmho, ....Mike :bbq:

Thanks! that's what I was thinking. I do tow a camper trailer so I figured that would put a little extra load on the belt and just wanted to make sure all was okay for the season. Yes I have the cricket gauge and I am at about 185.

IGETAROUND
03-17-2016, 07:45 PM
1+ to what Blueknight011 said; and yes if you mess with your adjusters then you'll mess with the alignment. If you are not having problems with belt harmonics leave it be. If you are going to adjust, then get it where you want it with the belt tracking properly and consider having your alignment rechecked and adjusted as needed. :thumbup:

Al