PDA

View Full Version : Music from iPhone 6??

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 12:52 PM
I have a 2014 RT. I would like to be able to listen to my music or Pandora through my iPhone 6. How can that be done?

SpyderTwyn
03-15-2016, 01:02 PM
I'm sure others will have better ideas, but I just got my 2013 RT last week. Mine came with a cord which plugs into the trunk. I plugged it in and changed the mode from FM to AUX, and my music started to play.

Thats as far as I got so far. I could have streamed Pandora tho, instead of listening to my playlist.

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 01:32 PM
I'm sure others will have better ideas, but I just got my 2013 RT last week. Mine came with a cord which plugs into the trunk. I plugged it in and changed the mode from FM to AUX, and my music started to play.

Thats as far as I got so far. I could have streamed Pandora tho, instead of listening to my playlist.

I can do that also but I have no control except volume. Seems like you could forward songs or get play lists.

jaherbst
03-15-2016, 01:47 PM
I can do that also but I have no control except volume. Seems like you could forward songs or get play lists.

Do you have Bluetooth? Many different ways to do this. Me, my ownself swapped out the cradle head (top only) with the same of a G665LM. I bluetooth with the Sena SMH10b and get XM radio (with xm antennae XM-40) or mp3 music I have downloaded from my music. No Dongle needed. When Bluetooth is off I get XM or radio on Spyder through Speakers. Many ways to do this with different means and results. XM radio plays anyplace anywhere, even in the mountains.

The standard G660LM is not capable of XM.

Jack

Trbayth
03-15-2016, 02:09 PM

The iPhone 6 uses a Lightning connector while the 2014 Spyders still use the old 30 pin connector. Your only option is the plain audio cable which, as you discovered, only gives you volume control.

You might be able to find a Lightning - 30pin adapter but some don't give you media control, only charging.

keefer
03-15-2016, 02:21 PM
I got an adapter to fit the iPhone 6 and then ran a lightning cable to the glove box. I can switch songs and control the volume on music stored on the phone. Pandora won't switch songs that way though.

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 04:06 PM
I got an adapter to fit the iPhone 6 and then ran a lightning cable to the glove box. I can switch songs and control the volume on music stored on the phone. Pandora won't switch songs that way though.
What adapter did you use? So you ran a power cord and a speaker cord?

keefer
03-15-2016, 04:29 PM
What adapter did you use? So you ran a power cord and a speaker cord?

Lightning to 30 pin adapter. My RT came with a cable to connect the phone to the round connector in the trunk on the right side. The factory cable only connects to the older iPhones and iPods. The adapter makes it work with the newer phones. If you want to leave the phone in the trunk you don't need to run any cables.

Brentc
03-15-2016, 05:27 PM
Apple makes a 30 pin to lightning adapter. You will have better results with a genuine Apple adapter. I have heard of people having issues with non Apple adapters and cables

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 05:36 PM
Lightning to 30 pin adapter. My RT came with a cable to connect the phone to the round connector in the trunk on the right side. The factory cable only connects to the older iPhones and iPods. The adapter makes it work with the newer phones. If you want to leave the phone in the trunk you don't need to run any cables.

Okay so the Lightning cord plugs into iPhone and then into an adapter the fits the round jack in the trunk? Who sells such a creature?

Brentc
03-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Okay so the Lightning cord plugs into iPhone and then into an adapter the fits the round jack in the trunk? Who sells such a creature?
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125958&stc=1This adapter will plug into your phone. Then take the stock 30 pin to round auxiliary cable that came with the spyder and plug into adapter then other end into auxiliary port in trunk. :thumbup:

This is adapter is available at any electronics store, or online.

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Thttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125958&stc=1This adapter will plug into your phone. Then take the stock 30 pin to round auxiliary cable that came with the spyder and plug into adapter then other end into auxiliary port in trunk. :thumbup:

This is adapter is available at any electronics store, or online.[/QUOTE]

The only din plug that came with my Spyder has a ear phone jack on it.

SpyderTwyn
03-15-2016, 06:31 PM
Mine came with two cords. One like you pictured and another which looks almost the same except for it has the old style Apple plug on one end instead of the auxiliary jack (in your picture). If you only have that one cord, maybe the other is in there? Was the byke used? I'm sure you can get the cord online or hit up your dealer if it was missing.

SpyderTwyn
03-15-2016, 06:37 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Can-Am-219400346-iPod-Integration-Cable/dp/B00ARC5T7U

Brentc
03-15-2016, 06:51 PM
Well at at least we figured out why it wasn't making sense:shocked:

As noted above, you are in need of the other plug for your bike. The same round end as what you have but the other end is the Apple 30 pin that will go to the adapter in the picture.

Thttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125958&stc=1This adapter will plug into your phone. Then take the stock 30 pin to round auxiliary cable that came with the spyder and plug into adapter then other end into auxiliary port in trunk. :thumbup:

This is adapter is available at any electronics store, or online.

The only din plug that came with my Spyder has a ear phone jack on it.[/QUOTE]

Michael82009
03-15-2016, 07:06 PM
Mine came with two cords. One like you pictured and another which looks almost the same except for it has the old style Apple plug on one end instead of the auxiliary jack (in your picture). If you only have that one cord, maybe the other is in there? Was the byke used? I'm sure you can get the cord online or hit up your dealer if it was missing.

Im wondering if this might work with the adapter to iPhone 6 on end

Brentc
03-15-2016, 07:12 PM
I'd talk to your dealer where you purchased and see where your other plug is. Have heard that non Apple adapters and plugs can sometimes cause issue. I'd hate to see you buy that cable and have it not work. You could post something in the for sale section looking to buy that plug end from someone who may not be using it? Then you'd just need to 30 pin to lightning adapter.

JayBros
03-15-2016, 07:31 PM
Do be aware that the 30-pin to lightning adapter that Brentc introduced may not fit if your iPhone is in a protective case, like an Otterbox. I solved that problem by purchasing a 6" 30-pin to lightning cable at Best Buy; was inexpensive. I don't listen to music through the phone so I know nothing about changing music selections.

Brentc
03-15-2016, 07:42 PM
I forgot all about that case getting in the way. I mounted my iPhone 4s in the trunk permanently when I upgraded to an iPhone 6, and had taken the case off to make it less in the way.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
03-15-2016, 09:43 PM
I play my music from my IPhone 6 by using a Sena Bluetooth communication system that is connected to my helmet. Pair your IPhone to the sena and I get all my music from the apps on the phone. No cables or dongles required. If you need to charge the phone while riding, either get a USB adapter and connect it to the outlet in the trunk, or buy a 30 pin to lightning adapter and use that outlet.

SpyderF3-s
03-16-2016, 12:52 PM
On my F3, I installed two Shark speakers (about $40) and connected them to a micro computer (Raspberry Pi and parts about $75). The Pi is programmed to use the iPhone AirPlay option and WiFi. (Using the WiFi allows for security) So I can play music from my iPhone to the speakers or to my helmet blue tooth speakers (UClear). You can also do the same on an Android phone using an app called All Connect. The Pi also has option to turn accessories on an off. So I can also turn the fog and engine lights on and off from the iPhone.

MVerBerkmoes
03-27-2016, 07:03 PM
Apple makes a 30 pin to lightning adapter. You will have better results with a genuine Apple adapter. I have heard of people having issues with non Apple adapters and cables

Brentc is correct. Use only the genuine Apple 30-pin to lightning adapter. The 30-pin offers only analog audio required by older Apple devices while nwer phones utilizing the lighting adapter are digital audio. The genuine adapter from Apple has a built-in digital to analog converter so the 30-pin offered on the Spyder will work correctly. :clap: