PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY LOOKING NEXT WEEKEND

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2016, 07:41 AM
i have been waiting to buy a drone & starting next saturday i go drone shopping. I know nothing about the brands only know what i want
my drone to be able to do. my price range is $1200-$1500 including accessories & spare parts. i prefer buying local so there is someone who
can help me figure it out especially when i break stuff which is bound to happen.

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 08:03 AM
:congrats: But just remember...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125922&stc=1

keefer
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
DJI Phantom 4 is awesome! Watch the video at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4

Phantom 3 is good too but the 4 can see obstacles and fly around them.

Highwayman2013
03-15-2016, 09:14 AM
This one is interesting:https://www.lily.camera/

duke50
03-15-2016, 09:17 AM
My first drone beginners group on Facebook is a good place to get tons info.
Buying an expensive 1st drone not a good idea. One thing that's guaranteed
you WILL CRASH. Its better to learn on a cheap model a good beginner is the Syma XC-5
Amazon about $48. Also good idea to get extra motors & props & batteries. :bowdown: Good Luck!

jaherbst
03-15-2016, 09:48 AM
So where do you mount these on a Spyder? Is this a "Farkle??

Jack

Chupaca
03-15-2016, 09:55 AM
So where do you mount these on a Spyder? Is this a "Farkle??

Jack

You tether it to the grab bar...:roflblack: in case you run out of batteries then you can reel it in....

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2016, 10:39 AM
i don't care for the lily but i do like the fact it is simple & waterproof, the phontom 4 is what i am tending towards

Trbayth
03-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Also remember that if it weighs more than 250g you need to register it with the FAA.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2016, 01:30 PM
i don't know why people are afraid of registering them, i actually have my :spyder2: registered with dmv

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 01:38 PM
:shocked: You must Register, and you will be assimilated: Resistance is futile... :shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ljjFE0sTNeg

jaherbst
03-15-2016, 01:50 PM
You tether it to the grab bar...:roflblack: in case you run out of batteries then you can reel it in....

Trying to equate the Drone question to the Spyder Site. Now I understand Gene. :sour: Surely this is a little out of place here in the land of wheels firmly on the ground. Now if they had one to lift the Spyder over Canyons and Tall Buildings this would be of some interest here. Who knows, after Bernie Sanders is elected we may all get one for free. :joke:

Jack

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Hi Jack,
It's just kind of a "General Discussion'..........

...About an "Off-Topic" item! :D :thumbup:

Chupaca
03-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Maybe it could tow you when you hit a glitch...lol

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-15-2016, 02:44 PM
hoping with the case it fits in the frunk other wise when i bring it with me i have to put the rack on the hitch to take
it with me

Brentc
03-15-2016, 03:28 PM
Trying to equate the Drone question to the Spyder Site. Now I understand Gene. :sour: Surely this is a little out of place here in the land of wheels firmly on the ground. Now if they had one to lift the Spyder over Canyons and Tall Buildings this would be of some interest here. Who knows, after Bernie Sanders is elected we may all get one for free. :joke:

Jack

I'm hoping there is a drone at Spyderfest! Imagine the cool video and pictures that an aerial drone could deliver??

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 05:21 PM
Isn't there a drone available that is programmed to "lock-in" on a transmitter that you carry, and follow it around? :dontknow:

Now THAT would be cool: ride around, and let your drone tag along shooting video! :D :2thumbs:

keefer
03-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Isn't there a drone available that is programmed to "lock-in" on a transmitter that you carry, and follow it around? :dontknow:

Now THAT would be cool: ride around, and let your drone tag along shooting video! :D :2thumbs:

Yes. The Phantom 4 lets you highlight a person on the screen and it will follow them. Also can lock on to your phone and return home where you are.

Rick k
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
After doing a lot of looking I went with the DJI Phantom 3 this past January. They have the 4 out now which is better than the 3. I have flown it several times now and am happy with the DJI. It's easy to fly. It has the return to home feature if the battery runs low or fly's out of range. If you do your homework on the DJI and read about what causes the most problems (not calibrating the compass before each flight & not performing a cross control to shut the motors off) you will minimize the chance of wrecking.

Here's a video from my first flight in January: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AT5FwkLb24

Highwayman2013
03-15-2016, 06:31 PM

The Lily does that, see my post.

Bob Denman
03-16-2016, 06:36 AM
Thanks! :clap:
I saw it; but never followed the link... :opps:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
03-16-2016, 07:06 AM
After doing a lot of looking I went with the DJI Phantom 3 this past January. They have the 4 out now which is better than the 3. I have flown it several times now and am happy with the DJI. It's easy to fly. It has the return to home feature if the battery runs low or fly's out of range. If you do your homework on the DJI and read about what causes the most problems (not calibrating the compass before each flight & not performing a cross control to shut the motors off) you will minimize the chance of wrecking.

Here's a video from my first flight in January: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AT5FwkLb24

did you buy local or mail order? do you bring it with your spyder when you travel?

Rick k
03-16-2016, 06:46 PM
did you buy local or mail order? do you bring it with your spyder when you travel?

I purchased local in Mentor, OH. I haven't tried to transport it on the Spyder yet, but plan to.