PDA

View Full Version : Seat with fuel opening

Mjrkx250
03-15-2016, 12:34 AM
Hi everyone, I was looking through all the questions and didn't see anything about aftermarket seats that are made with some kind of cut out so you can fuel up without having to get off.

any help is welcome!!

thank you

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-15-2016, 12:55 AM
...Not 100% sure but I think " Ultimate " can put one in their seat if you want........However I did mine for about $ 30.00,..........." camogirl " is currently doing hers ( with my instructions / assistance )......If you are going to SPYDERFEST 2016 .....we could do yours in about one hour...............let me know ASAP so you can get the parts you will need .......Mike :bbq:...........I just checked and you have an RS/S (?) ...I'm almost sure NO ONE has a seat with a Gas Door for that model................BUT ME :clap:...my door is small enough to fit your seat....I doubt anyone else's is........:thumbup:

PatriotRider
03-15-2016, 01:13 AM
any seat can be hinged to allow access to the gas cap

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65326-Can-you/page3

post 12-14

PaladinLV
03-15-2016, 02:30 AM
Both Corbin and Ultimate Seats have built-in full doors!

AJ

Hi everyone, I was looking through all the questions and didn't see anything about aftermarket seats that are made with some kind of cut out so you can fuel up without having to get off.

any help is welcome!!

thank you

Bfromla
03-15-2016, 03:42 AM
...Not 100% sure but I think " Ultimate " can put one in their seat if you want........However I did mine for about $ 30.00,..........." camogirl " is currently doing hers ( with my instructions / assistance )......If you are going to SPYDERFEST 2016 .....we could do yours in about one hour...............let me know ASAP so you can get the parts you will need .......Mike :bbq:...........I just checked and you have an RS/S (?) ...I'm almost sure NO ONE has a seat with a Gas Door for that model................BUT ME :clap:...my door is small enough to fit your seat....I doubt anyone else's is........:thumbup:
:firstplace: Sound like great offer:bowdown: And opportunity :coffee: Do share pics

ceyer69
03-15-2016, 06:53 AM
Trying to find a link to your mod. Please share and thank you!

wengerda
03-15-2016, 08:43 AM

any help is welcome!!

thank you

My Corbin does have a fuel door too plus heat on the seat. ;)

murphybrown
03-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Myself I have the Corbin..bought it in 2011..used on my 2010 RT and now on my 2014 RTS....over 100k on that saddle. Luv it but the only reason I bought was for the gas door...stock seat was very comfy but it was pain in butt to remove my big bag on passenger seat each and every time...I say I have the $1000 gas door and worth every penny. :thumbup::thumbup:

Highwayman2013
03-15-2016, 09:12 AM
This might help:http://www.spyderrt.info/u-do-it

ARtraveler
03-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Looks like the above posters have you covered on the seat question.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-15-2016, 03:33 PM
Looks like the above posters have you covered on the seat question.
...Now we have to wait and see if the OP read any of the answers :banghead::banghead::banghead:.....Mike :bbq:

Mjrkx250
03-16-2016, 09:18 AM
...Now we have to wait and see if the OP read any of the answers :banghead::banghead::banghead:.....Mike :bbq:

Thank you everyone. I did read through all the answers. I made my own modification when I bought the bike in February last year but I was looking to upgrade the seat. Thank you.

connie9003
03-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Ok I also wanted the fuel door since I travel long distance on my RT with a big bag on the back seat. So two years ago at SF I purchased an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door. I love the seat EXCEPT ! The fuel door rubs my legs and after a 100 miles or so really starts to hurt. I have been in contact with ultimate and sent pictures and according to them it is installed properly and they have never heard of this issue. So I purchased a "sheep skin" cover to go over the door since I can just lift it up to get fuel with no real effort but the metal from the door still pushes into my leg just takes a little longer to start being an issue. I am not upset with Ultimate BUT I paid a lot of money for that seat and the only issue is the fuel door which is why I purchased it to begin with. So am I the only one in history with this issue or the only one to report it ? Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it ?

murphybrown
03-17-2016, 09:43 AM
Ok I also wanted the fuel door since I travel long distance on my RT with a big bag on the back seat. So two years ago at SF I purchased an Ultimate Seat with the fuel door. I love the seat EXCEPT ! The fuel door rubs my legs and after a 100 miles or so really starts to hurt. I have been in contact with ultimate and sent pictures and according to them it is installed properly and they have never heard of this issue. So I purchased a "sheep skin" cover to go over the door since I can just lift it up to get fuel with no real effort but the metal from the door still pushes into my leg just takes a little longer to start being an issue. I am not upset with Ultimate BUT I paid a lot of money for that seat and the only issue is the fuel door which is why I purchased it to begin with. So am I the only one in history with this issue or the only one to report it ? Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it ?

I have the Corbin and the door is leather like the seat and fits in tight..has a finger depression to open. That door was the only down side I saw to the Ultimate...and if it rubbed on my leg I, like you, would be looking for a solution. I use the Misty Mt Sheepskin and I don't have to raise seat to fuel...I don't hook the elastic on the left side and it stays in place very well...what sheepskin did you get? Hope you get that solved soon..:yikes:

connie9003
03-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Not sure which "Brand" Sheep Skin I purchased but I purchased it because of the fuel door issue. Funny thing is it doesn't solve the fuel door issue but it sure solves the sitting on a hot seat in july issue lol So yes I paid 80.00 to cover up a 1200.00 seat but in the end I was still glad I bought the sheep cover lol Poor Sheep :(

I have the Corbin and the door is leather like the seat and fits in tight..has a finger depression to open. That door was the only down side I saw to the Ultimate...and if it rubbed on my leg I, like you, would be looking for a solution. I use the Misty Mt Sheepskin and I don't have to raise seat to fuel...I don't hook the elastic on the left side and it stays in place very well...what sheepskin did you get? Hope you get that solved soon..:yikes: