PDA

View Full Version : gps volume

skuter
03-14-2016, 05:32 PM
is there a way to get gps to go through bike speakers

BilltheDiver
03-14-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't know what model you have, but on the RT the gps does go through the speakers of the stereo unless you tell it not to and send it through your bluetooth headset.

Bob Denman
03-14-2016, 05:47 PM
:agree: On my Limited; the GPS instructions will override whatever song is being played, and mute the song while the directions are being given. :thumbup:

Brentc
03-14-2016, 06:00 PM
Are ypu you looking for help with a stock GPS, aftermarket, Bluetooth or something else? What model spyder?

is there a way to get gps to go through bike speakers

skuter
03-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Are ypu you looking for help with a stock GPS, aftermarket, Bluetooth or something else? What model spyder?

its a stock gps that came with the bike its a 2012 rt limited,I just bought the bike online and gps was still in the box

skuter
03-15-2016, 02:15 PM
:agree: On my Limited; the GPS instructions will override whatever song is being played, and mute the song while the directions are being given. :thumbup:

so you need to have radio on,or is there a mode you can just have the gps come thru the speakers its a 2012 rt limited

skuter
03-15-2016, 02:20 PM
I don't know what model you have, but on the RT the gps does go through the speakers of the stereo unless you tell it not to and send it through your bluetooth headset.

its a rt limited, what mode do you need to be in or just turn up the volume on the handlebar?

BilltheDiver
03-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Mine is a 2015 RTL and you just turn up the radio. There is also a setting in the gps to control the volume (mine is a Garmin 550).

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Yup! The radio needs to have the volume up... :thumbup:

Frank G
03-15-2016, 03:17 PM
OK, I have a 2012 RT Limited. There are settings in the GPS that have to be set, I Have mine set to Bluetooth to my helmet, but you can send this to the bike"s speakers. YOU MUST HAVE THE VOLUME TURNED ON AND UP IN THE GPS.

Since the bike is at the other house I cannot check it out, but I will and report back.

You can also load songs into the GPS and use it as a MP3 player.

When blue-toothed to the helmet communicators I can connect the phone through the GPS and listen to Slacker Radio, Take phone calls, and get GPS directions. Confused Yet? :yikes: Take your time, explore one Item at a time it will soon all come together.

The Zumo 660 is not a bad unit, Connect it to your computer and Download Garmin Express and see if you can get a free map update. (If you don't get the update you will be in the cornfields between Maumee and Ft.Wayne as you do not have the new Rt 24 in the system) Garmin Basecamp will allow you to do trip planning and also give you a historical map of your travels.

On the BRP support site they have an updated dealer file for you to download. (the one from 2011 is quite outdated)

Good luck and keep asking questions.

Bob Denman
03-15-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks for reminding me about updating the list of dealers... :thumbup: