PDA

View Full Version : a few mods

sparkett
02-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi all,
I dont own a Spyder, but do custom work on bikes. Met a great guy with a Spyder. He has only one leg and came for some modifications.
He needed to have his crutches along and having no left leg a hand break and a foot stopper on the right, so as not to loose footing on wet days. This is what i came up with. He brought it back for "tunes" and floor boards. Love this site! will add pics of the floor boards when done there, but here is a link to what i have done to date. Enjoy!
p.s. cant wait to try riding this!.
Sparkett
http://bikepics.com/members/sparkett/

M2Wild
02-19-2009, 09:28 AM
I see the need to add that extra piece so the person's only leg does not slip off the peg. But with the leading edge creating a "hook" where if your leg gets caught on the ground, the spring loaded peg suppose to sweep backwards and release your leg. With the "hook", the leg will get caught on it and dragged by the bike if any parts of the clothing gets caught on it when falling off the bike.

sparkett
02-19-2009, 10:28 AM
HI,
I did take that into consideration. The half moon is 4" long and 3/4 inchs deep.Unless he goes to wearing "70's" style bell bottoms, no problem.:D
Sparkett

bjt
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Thanks for posting this. Its great that you are there to make biking more accessible for those who need it. These pictures may help others looking to the Spyder as a way to get out in the open air. :2thumbs:

Roaddog2
02-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for posting this. Its great that you are there to make biking more accessible for those who need it. These pictures may help others looking to the Spyder as a way to get out in the open air. :2thumbs::agree::2thumbs::ani29: