PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth headsets

sypderrobinson134
03-13-2016, 11:05 AM
So I thought this might be a good place to ask. I have a set of sena 10 Bluetooth headsets for me and my wife. 98 percent of the time they work great but occasionally they cut out bad. It's not always in the same spots on the road and it's more likely when we listen to music together on the bike ( that's when it cuts out the worst but only sometimes) Any idea why it does this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrewNJ
03-13-2016, 11:14 AM
Seeing that you posted this from your iPhone, try turning off wifi on your phones and see if it makes things any better? My wife had random static issues and turning off wifi has eliminated it. Seemed to be a pretty common thing with ios but no real explanation from what I had read.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

sypderrobinson134
03-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Now I'll give that a shot for sure but generally your wifi disconnects if your not home right

robertl
03-13-2016, 02:29 PM
Wifi likely disconnects as you exit the driveway but if on, it will be scanning constantly.
If you have the open network auto connect on, that will have it connecting and disconnecting all the time.
Just better to turn it off when riding.

I also tend to turn off as many audible notifications/alerts as possible b/c that just interrupts the music constantly.

redrt
03-13-2016, 02:37 PM
We have found that the first thing you link up gets the best signal, so we link the helmets first then music.
Try it and see if it works better for you. Jim:doorag:

Brentc
03-13-2016, 02:53 PM
So I thought this might be a good place to ask. I have a set of sena 10 Bluetooth headsets for me and my wife. 98 percent of the time they work great but occasionally they cut out bad. It's not always in the same spots on the road and it's more likely when we listen to music together on the bike ( that's when it cuts out the worst but only sometimes) Any idea why it does this?

I just happened to post this earlier this morning.......might be relevant
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?91064-Sena-Bluetooth-Configuration

Motorcycledave
03-13-2016, 02:57 PM
Hi Dave here
What 10's do you have ? SMH10- 10S or other, you will have your best luck if you call
SENA Tech Dept on Monday between 8:00AM & 5:00PM Pacific time I would use the
local number the onehttp://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125805&stc=1 that has the 408 area code and tell them your problem
Dave.