PDA

View Full Version : Test drove the slingshot today

Brentc
03-12-2016, 05:47 PM
I was at the dealer picking up my spyder from having its new sneaker put on, and I figured what the heck. I asked the sales guy if I could take it for a spin, he said sure. I must admit it was fun. Very snappy, steering was a little on the stiff side, but responsive. Surprisingly comfortable ride, good suspension. The winds was quite noticeable as the windshield is very low. Little difficult getting in and out, I'm 6'3" so I'm used to slowly folding in and out of low small vehicles. Overall opinion is that it is fun, but it's really just a three wheeled car without a top. I think my brother, my ride to the dealer, was hooked! Sent pictures to his wife and we will see.......

Not for me, I think I'm a spyder guy now!

Bob Denman
03-12-2016, 06:24 PM
:D No doubt; they'd be a real HOOT to drive... :thumbup:

If I didn't already have a Spyder!!! :D

Kungfuspyder
03-28-2016, 05:06 AM
In no way am I bashing the Spyder in this post. I enjoyed my Spyder RT/Limited when I owned one, put over 36,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years, it was a fine machine. Long quick trips not comfortable to me. I had the opportunity to purchase a Polaris Slingshot SL and took it. Very comfortable on long short trips(600-700) in usually under 12 hours. I will be at Spyderfest in it to visit friends of the Spyder world, not coming to advertise for Polaris, but for working for a vendor everyone knows and trusts, see yall there.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-28-2016, 09:14 AM
In no way am I bashing the Spyder in this post. I enjoyed my Spyder RT/Limited when I owned one, put over 36,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 years, it was a fine machine. Long quick trips not comfortable to me. I had the opportunity to purchase a Polaris Slingshot SL and took it. Very comfortable on long short trips(600-700) in usually under 12 hours. I will be at Spyderfest in it to visit friends of the Spyder world, not coming to advertise for Polaris, but for working for a vendor everyone knows and trusts, see yall there.
I don't have one but my best friend does. He is a master mechanic and put a Haan (?) Turbo on it this winter...He doesn't scare easily .....but this now SCARES Him :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack: .........I'll look for you at Spyderfest ... :bbq:Mike

Chupaca
03-28-2016, 09:51 AM
I like the front half of the slingshot but then I grew up on european sports cars. The back half is just a drive wheel pushing a nice front half....:roflblack: as you say to each his own they have there following just as the spyders do and what fits you best is where you should be. Glad you got the chance to test one out....:thumbup:

Netminder
03-28-2016, 10:04 AM
I am sure they are a blast! Just not sure I like the whole shaft to belt drive setup, but that is just me.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=126753&stc=1Would love to try one all the same.