PDA

View Full Version : COME ON WARMER WEATHER WISCONSIN!!!!

SPIDR1
03-10-2016, 05:27 PM
WE ARE ALL ITCHING TO GET THE WHEELS OUT ON THE ROAD. ONLY ONE PROBLEM, ROAD SALT. WITH THE LATEST OF SPRAYING THE LIQUID SALT ON THE ROADS, IT TAKES A NUMBER OF RAIN DOWN POURS TO WASH THE STUFF AWAY. OUR GROUP NOW HAS GROWN TO 14 RIDERS AND A LOT OF OUR RIDES ARE ALREADY PLANNED OUT. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

THE "RUSTY SPOKES" OF THE FOX CITIES, WISCONSIN.

PW2013STL
03-10-2016, 05:37 PM
I agree.

I will be heading to Portage for a meeting on Monday. I plan on riding the Spyder their and back so keeping my fingers crossed for good weather both ways.

Mazo EMS2
03-10-2016, 05:48 PM
It would be nice to get out for a little spin, but the salt remains....I rode around town the other day where they don't salt. Nice to know everything still works as it should. Are any from your group going to Spyderfest? We're heading that way on Wed and looking for a few to ride with if interested. Planning on leaving Wed mid morning, and arriving Thur around noon. No interstates, just decent highways. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Rick

SPIDR1
03-10-2016, 05:49 PM
I agree.

I will be heading to Portage for a meeting on Monday. I plan on riding the Spyder their and back so keeping my fingers crossed for good weather both ways.

THAT WILL BE A NICE RIDE AND HOPEFULLY THE ROADS ESPECIALLY THE POT HOLES ARE TAKEN CARE OF. LAST YEAR WHEN OUR GROUP WAS OUT WE HIT ONE HECK OF A CUT OUT ON A COUNTY ROAD. AS A RESULT OF THIS, I PUT A SHIELD ON THE BOTTOM LEADING EDGE THAT HAS RUBBER BUMPERS ON IT. MY SON LIVES BETWEEN EXCELSIOR AND ST. BONI. WHEN I AM UP THERE I ALWAYS GO INTO THE DEALERSHIP IN ST. BONI TO CHECK ON WHAT IT NEW. HAVE A SAFE RIDE!

PW2013STL
03-10-2016, 06:07 PM
It would be nice to get out for a little spin, but the salt remains....I rode around town the other day where they don't salt. Nice to know everything still works as it should. Are any from your group going to Spyderfest? We're heading that way on Wed and looking for a few to ride with if interested. Planning on leaving Wed mid morning, and arriving Thur around noon. No interstates, just decent highways. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Rick

Sorry, but we are heading out Monday. We have a North To Alaska group dinner on Tuesday in Springfield:yes::yes::yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-10-2016, 06:55 PM
IMHO....if the salt is dry , I don't think it's going to be a problem................clean Her after the ride, compressed air will work very nicely.........Mike :bbq:

Bob Denman
03-10-2016, 06:56 PM
Right now, we're getting some needed rain, to wash the roads clean! :2thumbs:

PW2013STL
03-10-2016, 07:10 PM
THAT WILL BE A NICE RIDE AND HOPEFULLY THE ROADS ESPECIALLY THE POT HOLES ARE TAKEN CARE OF. LAST YEAR WHEN OUR GROUP WAS OUT WE HIT ONE HECK OF A CUT OUT ON A COUNTY ROAD. AS A RESULT OF THIS, I PUT A SHIELD ON THE BOTTOM LEADING EDGE THAT HAS RUBBER BUMPERS ON IT. MY SON LIVES BETWEEN EXCELSIOR AND ST. BONI. WHEN I AM UP THERE I ALWAYS GO INTO THE DEALERSHIP IN ST. BONI TO CHECK ON WHAT IT NEW. HAVE A SAFE RIDE!

It is a nice ride. Did it last year on are way to SOAR. Looking forward to it

ARtraveler
03-10-2016, 07:27 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popc orn:

Trbayth
03-10-2016, 07:39 PM
WE ARE ALL ITCHING TO GET THE WHEELS OUT ON THE ROAD. ONLY ONE PROBLEM, ROAD SALT. WITH THE LATEST OF SPRAYING THE LIQUID SALT ON THE ROADS, IT TAKES A NUMBER OF RAIN DOWN POURS TO WASH THE STUFF AWAY. OUR GROUP NOW HAS GROWN TO 14 RIDERS AND A LOT OF OUR RIDES ARE ALREADY PLANNED OUT. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

THE "RUSTY SPOKES" OF THE FOX CITIES, WISCONSIN.

Would you mind not yelling please? It's very hard to read all caps.

Deanna777
03-10-2016, 08:15 PM
We have been getting rain all day today and now. We have are having the warm weather. Deanna

SPIDR1
03-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Would you mind not yelling please? It's very hard to read all caps.

YOU MUST BE A YOUNGSTER. WE ARE ALL MUCH OLDER RETIRED GUYS. WHEN YOU GET OLDER, YOU FEEL IT BUT KEEP ON CHUGGING. NOW FOR THE CAPS, MY EYE SIGHT IS NOT THE BEST BUT IS FINE FOR DRIVING AND RIDING. SO, NO OFFENSE MY FRIEND.

Smokinspyder
03-11-2016, 02:36 PM
I agree with you. This weather needs to break so we can get out on our Spyders!!!! I am a little south of you and feel your pain!!!!