PDA

View Full Version : Total Motorcycle Noob... and Sypder Noob

KageRider
03-08-2016, 08:00 PM
Hello all,

I am a total noob in everything motorcycle / Spyder. Having a bike has been a childhood dream of mine and now I can financially afford one. I have a "hold" a a 2011 RT-S SE5. From what I've found on other threads I should ask if the throttle body have been replaced... and what kind of warranty is available (if any... it has 32500 miles).

Is there anything else?

It is coming from a well known dealer in the Madison WI area, and the sales man has been very good to work with.

I know below is the same question, but it turned to more of a warranty thread other that a what to ask thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?90448-Buying-a-used-2011-Rt-from-Dealer-w-6800-miles-Any-known-issues-with-this-model&highlight=2011

Thanks all in advance!
Kage

PrairieSpyder
03-08-2016, 09:00 PM
I'll let others advise you on the Spyder under consideration and just say, :welcome:

Chupaca
03-08-2016, 09:31 PM
To both the spyder world and this site. congrats on your choice of rydes...:2thumbs:
Hopefully, but ask anyway, as a dealer they have checked that all updates and bulletins have been made though with that mileage i would think she has had them done. Not much else to check that isn't condition related. Tires, oil and fluids, body works etc.
As for you the Do's and Don'ts are a great help as well as reading over the owners manual.....

Buggy
03-08-2016, 09:47 PM
:welcome: Good luck with your purchase!

ARtraveler
03-08-2016, 09:50 PM
We have a trouble free 2011 A & C, SE5. You have the upline version. No complaints here. They fixed the throttle body issue for us when we bought it new in 2012.

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-08-2016, 10:48 PM
:welcome:....Friend if you haven't checked out a Spyder with a 1330 engine .....you had better before you buy that one..... You don't want to find out later that OOP's I made a big mistake.......A really nice Spyder just went up on the for sale board 2014 RT - $ 15,300 (?) +/- ........that's a very very good price.....jmho....Mike :banghead:

Bob Denman
03-09-2016, 08:12 AM
:congrats: on finding the bike that's gonna "light the fires"! :yes::yes::yes:
Since you're so new to the game: please read over the thread for "Newbies", and don't hesitate to ask LOTS of questions. We're all here to help!! nojoke

opiewhan
03-09-2016, 09:55 AM
Hello all,

I am a total noob in everything motorcycle / Spyder. Having a bike has been a childhood dream of mine and now I can financially afford one. I have a "hold" a a 2011 RT-S SE5. From what I've found on other threads I should ask if the throttle body have been replaced... and what kind of warranty is available (if any... it has 32500 miles).

Is there anything else?

It is coming from a well known dealer in the Madison WI area, and the sales man has been very good to work with.

I know below is the same question, but it turned to more of a warranty thread other that a what to ask thread.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?90448-Buying-a-used-2011-Rt-from-Dealer-w-6800-miles-Any-known-issues-with-this-model&highlight=2011

Thanks all in advance!
KageI also bought a used 2011 RT-S SE5 and they hooked it to clear the throttle body problem and its fixed..Didnt cost me a penny.. Dont know if that will cure all.. But a nice bike, love mine..

Don in E Texas
03-09-2016, 01:24 PM
As others have said, please read the post for new Spyder owners - full of great information:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?41346-quot-Do-s-and-Do-Nots-quot-for-new-Spyder-owners

The model you are looking at will provide you with many miles of smiles. That said, you do owe yourself at least a look at any RT model from 2014 up. The triple engine - 6 speed transmission. Best quote is "They hit a home run with this bike".

Enjoy your ride.

Don