PDA

View Full Version : INSTALLED DIAMOND R WEB ARMRESTS TODAY

Bam Bam and Pebbles
03-08-2016, 07:31 PM
I installed my first mod today. A set of Diamond R armrests. Relatively easy install, in part because Tasian posted some nice photos when he installed his. I didnt take photos of the install since his were so good. Anyway, they look great on Cocaine and the higher height of the armrest really suits my semi short wife. She loves them. Fold in when not in use and out for when she is getting on. Nice and sturdy construction. Very pleased with the purchase and the Diamond R people were great with their service.

NorCalBud
03-09-2016, 11:44 AM
We've been considering armrests for some time now. My wife, who is also short (5'1") is worried about not being able to hold onto the grab handles if we install armrests. Her concern is that she won't be able to reach over the top and still get her hands around them. Is the opening between the backrest and the armrest enough to allow a comfortable hold onto the handles?
Thanks in advance!

latony007
03-09-2016, 12:50 PM
I installed my first mod today. A set of Diamond R armrests. Relatively easy install, in part because Tasian posted some nice photos when he installed his. I didnt take photos of the install since his were so good. Anyway, they look great on The Bitch and the higher height of the armrest really suits my semi short wife. She loves them. Fold in when not in use and out for when she is getting on. Nice and sturdy construction. Very pleased with the purchase and the Diamond R people were great with their service.

you have to cut through the seat it looks like?
what did these set you back i am afraid to ask?

Bob Denman
03-09-2016, 01:04 PM
There's no cutting... the mounting bracket bolts up underneath the seat: easy-peasey! :2thumbs:

Scotts8826
03-09-2016, 06:56 PM
My wife really likes hers. I just give her a hand up or out since they are not meant to hold any weight. Even though they swing in and out, she actually feels more secure with them.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
03-10-2016, 12:45 AM
We've been considering armrests for some time now. My wife, who is also short (5'1") is worried about not being able to hold onto the grab handles if we install armrests. Her concern is that she won't beWe've been considering armrests for some time now. My wife, who is also short (5'1") is worried about not being able to hold onto the grab handles if we install armrests. Her concern is that she won't be able to reach over the top and still get her hands around them. Is the opening between the backrest and the armrest enough to allow a comfortable hold onto the handles?
Thanks in advance!

you have to cut through the seat it looks like?
what did these set you back i am afraid to ask?

To answer both questions. No cutting through the seat. A bracket is bolted down below the seat, at the back. Armrest bracket comes out just in front of the speakers, where the armrest itself bolts to it. Easy install. They are pricey at $349 but they match perfectly with the color scheme of the bike, seem pretty heavy duty and they fold in and out for easy access. My wife did not try to grab the handgrips, but she never did anyway. Usually either held on to the backrest on my old bike, or just sat in comfort without holding on to anything. I do doubt that it would be easy to grab them. I am very satisfied with them so far. She has also always used the handle bars to get on and off the bike.
Do a search on armrests and check out a post from Tasian. Has excellent photos of the install, which is why I didnt take any. Plus its hard to smoke, drink, cuss, take photos and work at the same time. Thank god I dont chew gum.

Brian Kay
03-10-2016, 07:11 AM
They look mighty fine...nice and clean.:clap::thumbup: