PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a new horn

JCWeatherman
03-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Hi,

Let's say someone (like me) wanted to put a really loud horn on a 2013 ST Limited to replace the rather wimpy stock horn. Where would you put it? Here are some relate thoughts: :helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

1. The stock horn is in a very tight space. I have already replaced it with a lower tone horn. I had to trim off a some of the end to get it to fit in place of the stock horn.

2. I would like to use an air horn, but the compact style is too big for this space, and I can't find any other place to mount one.

3. The shiny horn style air horns are appealing, but I'm not sure where to mount the horns. Has anybody mounted them to covers over the front axles?

I'm just playing with some ideas here, but I'm thinking that someone else has probably already done the ground work (which, of course, would save me some time, effort, and $$$$ ) :clap:

Let me know what you think. :chat::chat::chat:

Bob Denman
03-06-2016, 08:47 AM
Two words: Stebel Nautilus! :thumbup:

JCWeatherman
03-06-2016, 09:39 AM
Two words: Stebel Nautilus! :thumbup:

Bob,

The Natilus look great, but where would I mount it on my STL? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't fit in the original horn location.:ani29:

BikerDoc
03-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Bad Boy Horn...... at Local auto parts store have add to all three of my RT s

Chupaca
03-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Sadly my tablet ran out of fuel and will no longer open and all the pictures of that were on there but I mounted the BAD BOY which is the same as the Nautilus in the same location as the stock horn. It may be in one of my albums here if you check. I toyed with the idea of mounting a compressor in the oem horn location and running the air hose to the left front spoiler and mounting the air horns there. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
03-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Bad Boy Horn...... at Local auto parts store have add to all three of my RT s

For the Record: the Wolo Bad Boy, and Stebel Nautilus seem to be identical twins... :thumbup:

JCWeatherman
03-06-2016, 11:03 AM
Sadly my tablet ran out of fuel and will no longer open and all the pictures of that were on there but I mounted the BAD BOY which is the same as the Nautilus in the same location as the stock horn. It may be in one of my albums here if you check. I toyed with the idea of mounting a compressor in the oem horn location and running the air hose to the left front spoiler and mounting the air horns there. :thumbup:

Sounds great! I would love to see some pictures. If you dig them up, PM me.

Chupaca
03-06-2016, 12:11 PM
If you go to my profile left side scroll down to mod#3 there is one picture there...

JCWeatherman
03-06-2016, 12:59 PM
If you go to my profile left side scroll down to mod#3 there is one picture there...

Thanks for directing me to the picture. Looks good!

Lew L
03-06-2016, 01:17 PM
I have both.

Two Striebels and one Wolo..... Wolo on a V-max and the striebel on the Valkyrie (and:spyder2:). Both are wired to the battery with relay and fused, oversized wire on all three.

I tested the Striebel and the wolo side by side on the bikes.( with simular, foward facing mounts). Much,much better than stock ( actually no comparison ). BUT---- the Striebel is louder than the Wolo. Maybe it is made with better components and better quality controle, It certianly costs more.

Whice ever one you choose---- it will be better than the stock POS.

Kaos