PDA

View Full Version : First highway ride

MOSESS
03-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Today was the first day I took it out on the road. Its a little twitchy on secondary roads but the highway was smooth. I can t wait for the weather to get a bit worming...

ARtraveler
03-04-2016, 08:48 PM
The twitchy feeling will go away. Light grip on the handgrips, proper tire pressure are usually the solutions. :yes:

Tazzel
03-04-2016, 09:26 PM
Get to know your Spyder and then you can decide if you want to upgrade the swaybar and/or shocks

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-04-2016, 11:16 PM
Today was the first day I took it out on the road. Its a little twitchy on secondary roads but the highway was smooth. I can t wait for the weather to get a bit worming...
:yikes:....The Spyder isn't even slightly twitchy.......you are, you need to relax more and just gently steer it......It's a learning process........Read the do's and dont's Thread.......Mike :bbq:

Lew L
03-04-2016, 11:24 PM
My Spyder was delivered to me un-balanced tires and very incorect air pressure. What fine dealer prep.

Check the simple things first----good advice given above,

Kaos

Bob Denman
03-05-2016, 08:07 AM
:congrats: on taking that next BIG step! :clap: :thumbup:
As you add more "Saddle-Time" to your portfolio; that twitchiness might just disappear on it's own...
As Kaos said: check your tire pressures first. That's about the easiest thing for you to correct.
Keep those wheels turning! :yes:

jaherbst
03-05-2016, 08:19 AM
eWell no one has said it yet so I will. Most likely you will need an upgraded sway bar and Lazer alignment to smooth out the steering problem. Most of us has done this and are very happy with our steering now.

In my opinion shocks are a waste of money and very expensive. The upgraded sway bar does the same thing for 85 percent less cost.

Glad you joined the Circus and welcome to our world of varied opinions!

Jack