PDA

View Full Version : Have to ride 500 miles tomorrow and have problem...

mattgroveton
03-03-2016, 04:58 PM
My Frunk lid won't latch. Finless Bob posted a helpful vid on YouTube suggesting to check rubber seal surrounding it for if it's not down all the way it can cause this. I took the seal totally off and it seem that it's not pushing the latching mechanism in the front storage down for enough for it to latch. Spring in latch is still working, but can't really see what I've got when I close the lid...which I have to do to test it. Any suggestions?

Cruzr Joe
03-03-2016, 05:24 PM
is the latch already in closed mode while the frunk is open??

you can adjust the latch on the outside of the frunk

Cruzr Joe

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-03-2016, 05:24 PM
My Frunk lid won't latch. Finless Bob posted a helpful vid on YouTube suggesting to check rubber seal surrounding it for if it's not down all the way it can cause this. I took the seal totally off and it seem that it's not pushing the latching mechanism in the front storage down for enough for it to latch. Spring in latch is still working, but can't really see what I've got when I close the lid...which I have to do to test it. Any suggestions?
Are you sure the latch is in it's unlatched position? If so, loosen the two bolt and raise the latch up some.

latony007
03-03-2016, 06:12 PM
If your worried about riding it tomorrow i would think the air pressure should keep it closed unless you hit some monster pot hole then it might pop up and back down again.

IGETAROUND
03-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Worst comes; drive where ya need to go the air pressure will keep it closed in route. You can tinker with it later when you have the time and patience:gaah::thumbup:

Motorcycledave
03-03-2016, 06:28 PM
If you can't fix it in time just tie it down

Chupaca
03-03-2016, 06:29 PM
But on the electic release models I think there is a micro switch that can get bent or misaligned and cause problems. Now if all else fails a piece of velcro or duct tape will secure it while ryding. No security for contents when un attended...:banghead:

mattgroveton
03-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Yes the latch is in open position. Thanks for the advice guys.

SPYDERGUY1
03-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Unless you encounter rain/snow or other kind's of moisture, driving down the highway will have no issues/effects at all. Work with it at the safest spot you can.

mattgroveton
03-04-2016, 02:12 AM
Guys thanks for the tips. Had to make a minor adjustment. Have to set out for San Antonio in a couple of hours which is a long ride from where I live. Already have the Airhawk on the seat.