PDA

View Full Version : Wishing

Fatcycledaddy
03-02-2016, 10:40 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125171&stc=1

Looking out the window wishing winter would stop and riding could start!!!

60 degrees last Sunday, then 12 inches of lake affect snow yesterday and last night, here in west Michigan, more on the way on Thursday. :yikes:
Now they are predicting 60 degrees again on this coming Tuesday. Maybe, just maybe, that this will be winters last gasp!:yes:

Bob Denman
03-02-2016, 10:44 AM
:shocked: Sigh...

I feel your pain... :banghead:

Chupaca
03-02-2016, 11:25 AM
As fun as unpredictable can be it is a bummer when it comes to the weather and ryding...:banghead::banghead: hope it clears soon...:pray:

kngfsh27
03-02-2016, 12:43 PM
No snow on the ground here, but mine is at the dealer waiting on a new water pump. :banghead: I keep thinking that they will call and say it is ready or maybe just call.:gaah:

SpyFyg-2
03-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Saturday, 70 degrees, put 140 miles on the Spyders and Monday we got 5 1/2" of snow!!

ARtraveler
03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I too, feel your pain. Just waiting for 2.5 blocks of ice road and 3/4 of my drive way to melt. Maybe by the weekend???????

Fatcycledaddy
03-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Saturday, 70 degrees, put 140 miles on the Spyders and Monday we got 5 1/2" of snow!!

I almost think that this could be called torture!
New Russell Day Long Seat, Bajaron anti sway bar, and I can't even try them out.:gaah:
I think I will start on the next best thing and plan the rest of my route to Utah for the June trip.:yes:

Netminder
03-02-2016, 01:48 PM
I also feel your pain, just had a big storm here in Quebec!:yikes: Hoping that's it!

Dick Wells
03-02-2016, 02:26 PM
Well, just pick a 50-60 degree day, have your stuff packed, jump on your Spyder, and make haste for Cactus Cart RV Park, on Boca Chica Blvd., in Brownsville, Texas. You should be in a somewhat warmer place, come the first night and parked under the fruit trees on the second, maybe a day longer, if you ryde like the "Old Fart" (me). We've averaged 75 to low 80's here, for over a month, now, and I find myself standing at the window, AC on, looking outside, just like that feller (you?), and dreaming of "sugar on snow", back in Vermont. ;) Just kidding. That was a gross exaggeration. The sugar-on-snow would be nice, but the Brownsville weather is hard to beat.:bbq:
And, Texans actually like to see the "Winter Texans" come down here, as opposed to Florida, where the cost of living is about 2X higher, and (some) of the locals are less than welcoming to "Snowbirds". And you, and you, and you, would most definitely be welcome.

*If you've never had sugar-on-snow, you're in for a treat. If you have, you know I'm right.

DW

SpyFyg-2
03-02-2016, 02:27 PM
I almost think that this could be called torture!
New Russell Day Long Seat, Bajaron anti sway bar, and I can't even try them out.:gaah:
I think I will start on the next best thing and plan the rest of my route to Utah for the June trip.:yes:

We have the Baja Ron sway bar and a bumpskid waiting to go on the 2012 RTL!
Not sure what our long distance trip will be this year. We are riding the Spyders to a wedding in Iowa end of June. There's another wedding in Colorado end of July but that will be in the vehicle. Maybe a fall run on the Great River Road between Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin and take in the fall colors.
If your trip to Utah brings you through Mitchell, you'll have to give a 'shout out' .