PDA

View Full Version : Hurray for Me!!!!!!!!!!

sandeejs
02-29-2016, 06:41 PM
Took me 2 days, 3 broken nails and 2 trips to the hardware store, but I CHANGED MY BATTERY!!!!!!!!
Wanted an AGM with a warranty, because the one the dealer put in 2 months after my purchase last year did not last. Now, I'm good to go, except for:
1. Lost the connection to the left side mirror inside the body
2. Can't get the clip back on the gas shock,
3. Have a couple of screws left over and
4. Dropped my pills under the Spyder.

Happy happy & joy joy.
:clap::ohyea::clap:

~Sandee~

finless
02-29-2016, 07:10 PM
When you say lost the connection... you mean it doesn't work or you lost the connector down inside the Spyder?

Your not suppose to take the clip off all the way for the gas shock!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhTdDGl-2U

Bob

PrairieSpyder
02-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Took me 2 days, 3 broken nails and 2 trips to the hardware store, but I CHANGED MY BATTERY!!!!!!!!
Wanted an AGM with a warranty, because the one the dealer put in 2 months after my purchase last year did not last. Now, I'm good to go, except for:

Happy happy & joy joy.

~Sandee~

:congrats:

I usually depend on the kindness of strangers - or I pay them.

jaherbst
02-29-2016, 08:00 PM
​You go Girl! I like your Grit!

Jack

Bob Denman
02-29-2016, 09:00 PM
:agree: :clap: :firstplace: :congrats:

pitzerwm
02-29-2016, 10:00 PM

Happy happy & joy joy.

~Sandee~

When you work on your bike, & when you are done there is no greater satisfaction, even if it was a bitch and it didn't turn out exactly right. With me there is always a shock at how much time it always takes and how many "screw ups" happen in which there is only one appropriate statement, "You have got to be kidding me", (with or without the F word. Even when you don't know what you are doing, you just need to buy into the thought process "that if someone else can do it, then you can learn how to do it also". Even if you totally screw up something, and I have many times. When its done you are smarter than you were yesterday. Accept that yes, mistakes cost money but so does going to the University.

Of course, it really helps with Finless and others here on the Forum. You couldn't live long enough or screw up enough to learn what you can learn here and get the help to do anything..

ARtraveler
02-29-2016, 10:06 PM
:congrats: on sticking with the job and getting it done. Most every repair has its built in glitches. Some worse than others.

I used to rate jobs like that as one martini, two martini, three martini...etc. etc.

Since I drink little to nothing these days, I usually pay to have the mechanic screw up my :spyder2: :roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
02-29-2016, 10:19 PM
You did great....If I don't bleed the job was not done right, you got it done with no bloodshed....congrats.:2thumbs:

vided
03-01-2016, 06:18 AM
:congrats:

I usually depend on the kindness of strangers - or I pay them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSTd1LuiVUs

sandeejs
03-01-2016, 03:26 PM
When you say lost the connection... you mean it doesn't work or you lost the connector down inside the Spyder?
Bob

The connector between the mirror and the body of the byke is inside the body somewhere. I am going to fish it out with a crochet needle and some chewing gum when it warms up and stops snowing.

The gas shock got on my nerves and was disassembled. We are not going to talk about it until (much) later.

I will be going up to the dealer later this month for them to fix what I can't. They need me for both money and laughs. :p

~Sandee~

latony007
03-01-2016, 06:33 PM
Congrats! im still too chicken to try and take the mirrors and panels off my RT but its only got 700 miles on it. The one nice thing about the 15 is the placement of the batter in the frunk so it just takes two screws to get to it. Still need to take the body panels off to do anything else though.

cptjam
03-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Sandee,
run that thing down to the Bayou in a couple of weeks and I'll button it up for you! Less than a one beer job!
Joe

sandeejs
03-07-2016, 08:44 PM
Well, I took the Spyder to the shop today and they seem to have lost their sense of humor. So I just paid them and did not amuse them.
They fixed up all the battery damage. I forgot to mention the left mirror/turn signal but I'll take care of it soon.
Life is good.
~Sandee~