PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Cruise Excusion

markyodo
02-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Wife and I booked a cruise and found this in Saint Martin - http://www.sxmspyderrental.com/home.html :spyder2:
Anyone done this before? Seems like an efficient way to get around the island so we might give it a try.

MouthPiece
02-29-2016, 11:50 AM
I was hoping to see this happen. Thanks for posting. I'll certainly be availing myself of this option.

Chris

Bob Denman
02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I can't wait to show this to the Missus! :thumbup:
She's been looking for an excuse to get me back on a big boat...:D

markyodo
02-29-2016, 12:09 PM
I can't wait to show this to the Missus! :thumbup:
She's been looking for an excuse to get me back on a big boat...:D
No regrets Bob. We've done 15 cruises and seen some incredible places. It's our second favorite method of travel. The Spyder is our favorite now.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-29-2016, 12:23 PM
This sounded interesting so I did a little research......The entire Island is only 34 sq.miles....the best time to go as far as driving a Spyder ( weather-wise ) is Jan to April........However that is also Prime tourist season....and the Traffic jams are reported as ......MONUMENTAL........so bring a lot of SPF 65 :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:......Mike :thumbup:

sandeejs
02-29-2016, 06:45 PM
Wife and I booked a cruise and found this in Saint Martin - http://www.sxmspyderrental.com/home.html :spyder2:
Anyone done this before? Seems like an efficient way to get around the island so we might give it a try.

Never cruised but just had lunch with an ex-coworker who lost 10 pounds on a cruise.
I think somebody else found them.

~Sandee~

scooterexpress
03-01-2016, 07:56 AM
This sounded interesting so I did a little research......The entire Island is only 34 sq.miles....the best time to go as far as driving a Spyder ( weather-wise ) is Jan to April........However that is also Prime tourist season....and the Traffic jams are reported as ......MONUMENTAL........so bring a lot of SPF 65 :lecturef_smilie: :roflblack:......Mike :thumbup:

looks like fuel stops not an issue then.lol 1 tank for a whole week.

bscrive
03-01-2016, 03:58 PM
My wife and I did a cruise a few years ago where we brought our own bike on the ship and this was one of the islands that we toured. It's a really nice island but there isn't a full days worth of riding on that island.

Bob Denman
03-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Do you think that the four-hour rental is about right? :dontknow:

bscrive
03-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Do you think that the four-hour rental is about right? :dontknow:

That is about how long we really rode for. The rest of the time we were at the beach/bar by the airport, at the beach/restaurant at Waikiki Beach or shopping at the various stops. If you have never driven around the island it would be worth it for the experience.

flaggerphil
03-01-2016, 09:22 PM
My wife and I did a Harley tour on the island when we were there on a Royal Caribbean cruise in 2011. We were out for about 5 hours with three other bikes and had a great time. I would think the four hour rental would be about right. We're going to check this out our next cruise.

FWIW we brought our own helmets in 2011 and that's what I do with this.

Professor
03-01-2016, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a great idea, but there is some age discrimination. The ad says you have to be between 25 and 70. I'm 71, but I haven't told my RT. It still loves me. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
03-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Ask any teenager that you happen to be around: they know where you can get a phony I.D. :roflblack: