PDA

View Full Version : WE GOT OUR SPYDER...put on 150+ miles first day

Dave & Karen
02-28-2016, 06:46 PM
2-28-16: We picked up our 2014 RT Limited yesterday and got it home safely on the trailer by using 2 X 6 boards for ramps. :2thumbs:
She's a beauty and we took a trip today from Gainesville, GA to Cleveland, GA and all around town. I didn't know running errands could be so much fun. :dg1:
We even had a car stop traffic to let us turn left in front of him as he gave us a big thumps up. :thumbup:
AND.....we passed another spider on Rt 129. :spyder2:Who are you? Are you near Gainesville, GA?:dg2:

Karen has never driven a motorcycle before. See her practicing the next day driving the Spyder at the school parking lot. Check it out.....:trike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRYTmWCB6cU

Bob Denman
02-28-2016, 06:51 PM
"Southern Comfort"...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=124960&stc=1

Glad to see that you both are already having more fun, than anyone is supposed to!! :D :2thumbs:

Hecam17
02-28-2016, 07:13 PM
When I got my first Spyder I practiced in a church lot on Saturdays and High School lot on Sundays to get comfortable.
Welcome to the group, see you on the road.

SpyderSteveFL
02-28-2016, 07:41 PM
:congrats:

flaggerphil
02-28-2016, 08:42 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

TEWKS
02-28-2016, 08:48 PM
Very nice job with the video although it does appear, that, Karen may be a bit timid with her throttle hand...NOT!! :yes: :clap:

Pat

murphybrown
02-28-2016, 09:12 PM
NICE...all is proceeding "normal"...wouldn't be at all surprised to hear soon about Spyder #2 .... the fun has just begun....after my first Spyder was dropped at my doorstep I got manual and found reverse and 1st...and that dang alarm because I would forget to set parking brake :banghead: after a couple days of back and forth would sneak 1/5 miles to WalMart parking lot at 5 a.m...soon was able to get into 3rd gear...found a trike course 180 miles from home..drove 35MPH all the way...passed the course and hit the freeway home and as they say the rest if history and 110k miles of happy Spyder ryding later....sooooo all that said to say the world awaits you and your machine(s)!! :bowdown:

JKMSPYDER
02-28-2016, 09:15 PM
Congratulations to you and Karen. I think she already has the hang of it!!😄😄👍👍

Naben
02-28-2016, 10:55 PM
2-28-16: We picked up our 2014 RT Limited yesterday and got it home safely on the trailer by using 2 X 6 boards for ramps. :2thumbs:
She's a beauty and we took a trip today from Gainesville, GA to Cleveland, GA and all around town. I didn't know running errands could be so much fun. :dg1:
We even had a car stop traffic to let us turn left in front of him as he gave us a big thumps up. :thumbup:
AND.....we passed another spider on Rt 129. :spyder2:Who are you? Are you near Gainesville, GA?:dg2:

Karen has never driven a motorcycle before. See her practicing the next day driving the Spyder at the school parking lot. Check it out.....:trike:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRYTmWCB6cU

CONGRATES! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine.

Tango
02-28-2016, 11:03 PM
:2excited::welcome::congrats:

ARtraveler
02-29-2016, 12:45 AM
:congrats: glad to see your having a good time. :bowdown::bowdown:

Commander
02-29-2016, 06:22 AM
:congrats::2thumbs: Be Safe and Enjoy the Ride

Ron2andia
02-29-2016, 07:03 AM
:congrats::thumbup::thumbup::spyder:

easysuper
02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Just don't let her take it in for an oil change ! She might by her own like my lovely bride did. She had never rode a motorcycle by her self but fell in love with riding , she went on to get her endorsment and when she took mine in for an oil change she bought her own. She just bought her secong RTS limited as she had put 24K on her 2013 and wanted the biger moter as we travel alot and the fule stop are less. And the OIL changes are fewer.
Enjoy you bike as it will bring another chapter into your lives like it did ours.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=125037&stc=1

Dave & Karen
02-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Just don't let her take it in for an oil change ! She might by her own like my lovely bride did. She had never rode a motorcycle by her self but fell in love with riding , she went on to get her endorsment and when she took mine in for an oil change she bought her own. She just bought her secong RTS limited as she had put 24K on her 2013 and wanted the biger moter as we travel alot and the fule stop are less. And the OIL changes are fewer.
Enjoy you bike as it will bring another chapter into your lives like it did ours.
Thanks for your response. Dave better change his own oil. I see the dog in the photo and the trailer. Do you travel with your dog? We have two big dogs (one 65 pounds and the other 110 pounds.) The smaller one used to ride with me on the wave runner. The bigger one loved the back of the Polaris Ranger. We would love to be able to bring our dogs (or at least one of them) with us. Where did you get that? Oh boy, I think we are going to need two bikes.

bronzeflex42
02-29-2016, 01:24 PM
:congrats: hope you enjoy the looks and head turning your gonna get as well....nojoke it makes you kinda feel like a celebrity.

easysuper
02-29-2016, 02:57 PM

The Company that made ours is no longer in buisness but if you go to www.easyridercamper.com they make one just like ours. We travel with our dog most of the time. She is a Einglish Setter and has logged over 10,000 miles in her trailer. Its insulated so it never gets to hot or to cold. Sometimes we use the trailer as a cargo trailer if we are not taking her along so the trailer has a dual purpose. I pull a Aspen Trailmaster with a Queen size bed that takes about 5 minuets to set up. My wife loves riding her bike as much as I like riding mine. She just traded her 2013 in for a 2015 and we had the Tri-Axis handel bars installed and she really loves them as she is only 5'4" with a short reach. Enjoy your Bike and welcome to the Zoo. There is a great number of people on SL with some great information.

Chupaca
02-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Looks like you are both well on your way to be masters of the spyder experience...:ohyea:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
03-01-2016, 12:43 AM
:congrats:

Buggy
03-04-2016, 08:05 PM
:congrats::welcome: