PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone in the Rochester, NY/Syracuse, NY area

wyliec
02-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Do you know of any good auto shops that install performance parts? When I ask do you know, I don't mean look in the phone book; do you or a friend have any direct knowledge?

Thanks

wyliec
02-28-2016, 05:50 PM
Just an update. I shouldn't have left out the Utica/Rome area. I filled out an email for Burkart Automotive service in Oriskany, and waiting to hear back. They did a great job for me back in 1971 on one of the heads of my 351 Cleveland engine in my 1971 Mustang, and I almost forgot about it.

Drew,

This is the part I was asking you about, and I ran into some difficulties.

Brentc
02-28-2016, 05:56 PM
I know of a place called The Little Speed Shop in Rochester. I have not had any work done there but I work for a guy on the side and his shop is next door to the speed shop. They do a lot of high end performance work, build custom speed racers and I have seen some Ferrari and similar cars there. Let me know I can get there contact info for you.

Good luck!

wyliec
02-28-2016, 06:08 PM
I know of a place called The Little Speed Shop in Rochester. I have not had any work done there but I work for a guy on the side and his shop is next door to the speed shop. They do a lot of high end performance work, build custom speed racers and I have seen some Ferrari and similar cars there. Let me know I can get there contact info for you.

Good luck!

It's supposed to be a small job, which turned into a couple of hours, and I couldn't complete it. I put it back to stock for the time being. I'd appreciate the contact info.

Thanks

Bob Denman
02-28-2016, 06:13 PM
Are you already taking apart the Renegade??? :D

Brentc
02-28-2016, 06:15 PM
It's supposed to be a small job, which turned into a couple of hours, and I couldn't complete it. I put it back to stock for the time being. I'd appreciate the contact info.

Thanks

Here is the contact info. Also, there just off the main expressway, route 390, so if your coming from out of town easy to get to.

http://thelittlespeedshop.com/

wyliec
02-28-2016, 07:22 PM
Are you already taking apart the Renegade??? :D

I took it apart, and was lucky to get it back to stock condition, and running.

Bob Denman
02-29-2016, 08:10 AM
:clap: :2thumbs:
The "Spirit of Adventure", is alive and well! :firstplace:

wyliec
02-29-2016, 09:23 AM
Here is the contact info. Also, there just off the main expressway, route 390, so if your coming from out of town easy to get to.

http://thelittlespeedshop.com/

I called them this morning. The person I talked to had to talk to a mechanic to see when they can get me in. I explained to her it was an after market part and what it did, and I could hear a hesitation in her voice because she said it was something they never installed before. I guess now, I wait and see if they call back.

Thanks