PDA

View Full Version : Be Sure To Get What You Pay For...

BajaRon
02-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Many Spyder owners are having my products (Sway Bar - Shock Adjusters - Spark Plug Wire Sets - Brake Components) installed at dealerships, which is just fine, not a problem. But then I get questions from these customers which are covered in the Installation and Usage Tips which come with these products. I am finding that, many times, the installer has not given this printed information to the customer.

Now I don't mind PM's, emails or phone calls. Your questions are always welcome. The whole point is for you to get the maximum amount of improvement and enjoyment from these upgrades. So if you have a question, please don't hesitate to ask.

My concern is for those who are not aware of this information and may not be getting all they could out of a product. Something as simple as correct (higher) tire inflation after installing the sway bar kit. To be clear, I'm not talking dangerous here. Just getting your money's worth.

So, if you have something installed. Be sure to get the written information at the end. Or, if it's 'gone', just contact me and I'll email you a set.

May everyone have a GREAT 2016 riding season!

Pampurrs
02-27-2016, 01:04 PM
Thanks for posting that Ron, it's good info.

I for one was not aware that I was supposed to inflate my tires higher after installing the sway bar. I've been staying with the recommended psi of 20 in the fronts and 28 in the back. Should I be going higher than that?

Pam

BajaRon
02-27-2016, 01:16 PM
Thanks for posting that Ron, it's good info.

I for one was not aware that I was supposed to inflate my tires higher after installing the sway bar. I've been staying with the recommended psi of 20 in the fronts and 28 in the back. Should I be going higher than that?

Pam

That is about right. I recommend 18-20 psi in the front and 28-32 psi in the rear. The lower settings for lightly loaded single rider. The higher settings for 2 up or heavily loaded Spyder. But if you have the OEM rear tire then you're somewhat better off with the 28 psi so the center of the tire lasts longer.

Bfromla
02-27-2016, 02:04 PM
May have to include that in instructions, tell installer to hand over all included materials! Some techs may consider it shop material & results in the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajaRon
02-28-2016, 02:03 PM
May have to include that in instructions, tell installer to hand over all included materials! Some techs may consider it shop material & results in the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a whole 'nuther' sermon right there. I've had shops call me asking what to do at this or that point in the install. That is because, for many 'Tech's', throwing the instructions away is the 1st step in the install process. :yikes:

900Dave
02-28-2016, 06:20 PM
That is a whole 'nuther' sermon right there. I've had shops call me asking what to do at this or that point in the install. That is because, for many 'Tech's', throwing the instructions away is the 1st step in the install process. :yikes:

Your instructions are very clear and easy to understand. I am very mechanically inclined but someone who is not could easily understand them.