PDA

View Full Version : Can Am mesh jackets

Gregnm
02-26-2016, 07:07 PM
Anyone know if Can Am mesh jackets have waterproof lining? It's getting warm here in Louisiana already but we get a lot of rain too.

mtbear
02-26-2016, 07:53 PM
I have one and my liner is not waterproof. Still a very nice jacket
Mtbear

SpyderSteveFL
02-26-2016, 08:21 PM
I have a mesh Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and it does have a waterproof inner liner. That said, I am a new rider and I've been told by very seasoned riders that it is a royal PITA if you hit rain to stop, take jacket off, put/zip liner in and put jacket back on - then reverse when rain clears. I can totally see that. They all say to get a set of Frogg Toggs (http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/Motorcycle.shtm) and if you hit rain you just slip it over your jacket (and pants if you want), then simply take off. It makes sense to me and I'm ordering a set. I'm sure there are many seasoned riders here with similar or very different suggestions. But if you have your heart set on a particular jacket, get it and use the Froggs and don't worry about the liner.

Scoot2Mtns
02-26-2016, 08:46 PM
I have a mesh Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket and it does have a waterproof inner liner. That said, I am a new rider and I've been told by very seasoned riders that it is a royal PITA if you hit rain to stop, take jacket off, put/zip liner in and put jacket back on - then reverse when rain clears. I can totally see that. They all say to get a set of Frogg Toggs (http://www.froggtoggsraingear.com/Motorcycle.shtm) and if you hit rain you just slip it over your jacket (and pants if you want), then simply take off. It makes sense to me and I'm ordering a set. I'm sure there are many seasoned riders here with similar or very different suggestions. But if you have your heart set on a particular jacket, get it and use the Froggs and don't worry about the liner.

Two other advantages to wearing a rain jacket over the mesh jacket. One, your jacket doesn't get soaked. So when the rain stops and you remove the waterproof layer, you still have a dry jacket to wear. Two, a mesh jacket holds a lot of nice warm air next to your body when you wear a rain jacket over it. This probably isn't an advantage where it gets really hot but in Colorado, a sunny day can get really cold really quick when the clouds come out at higher altitudes.

Bfromla
02-27-2016, 01:53 AM
My mesh jacket is not can-am but I have no problem putting my frog togs over it, gets me thru rain till next chance I wanna remove a layer. Everything breaths fine. The frog togs store great , very little space needed fyi. I also went with the overalls rather than the pants & has been very helpful. I rather put on at a gas stop but have managed under a bridge or overpass.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Copperman
02-27-2016, 05:22 AM
You can't go wrong with a set of Frogg Toggs. Just remember to get a pair of motorcycle specific Frogg Toggs. They're much more durable and have reflective piping on them.

Not only do they store nicely, they work great as a wind breaker when it's a little chilly. Just put it on over your jacket.