PDA

View Full Version : Last flight from Da Nang 1975

PrairieSpyder
02-26-2016, 04:53 PM
http://www.panam.org/video/426-last-flight-from-da-nang

Soldiers climbing over their families to get on board. Only 5 women made it on. Shameful.

ARtraveler
02-26-2016, 05:30 PM
That takes every man for himself to a whole new level. I am guessing that this was a plane load of future convenience store and liquor store owners. :lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
02-26-2016, 06:20 PM
:shocked: I had heard about this newscast, but this is the first time that I've seen it...
Man's inhumanity; to their fellow man... :gaah:

Cavman
02-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Back when I was in school, I had guys in my classes hoping not to see the Huey's they had flown in being dumped over board after landing on an aircraft carrier leaving Nam.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-01-2016, 02:02 AM
It's my understanding that back then, and maybe even yet today, there is very little regard for life in SE Asia. A Vietnam veteran I knew back in the 80's said that during the last weeks or days a Vietnamese woman begged to be taken out of Viet Nam. She was told no, that she had a baby with her and the soldiers couldn't take women with babies. He said she tossed the baby under the tracks of a tank, turned around and said, "No baby, now take me."

vided
03-01-2016, 05:51 AM
i haven't watched this clip and won't, it was not a happy time nojoke
jmho

oldguyinTX
03-01-2016, 08:52 AM
I know a Vietnamese woman who, when she was five, got out with her family on one of the last flights. She does not remember it as a pleasant experience.