PDA

View Full Version : OEM Fog Lights - Need Help W/ Installation

trobbins27
02-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Spyder STS and I am looking to get the oem fog lights kit from BRP installed for it. I have the kit but it didn't come with any install instructions :( I was wondering if anyone here can link a source for the instructions for me or if you are local to the Atlanta, GA area know of any good shops that could do it? I tried going to a local dealer already but they want to charge $455 for the install which according to them would entail 4 - 5 hours of labor. Considering I only paid $250 for the parts in the kit itself this seems a bit crazy for me to do that. Would like to attempt it myself with my dad helping me if able but just trying to get all the information I can about it. Thanks in advance!

spacetiger
02-26-2016, 09:47 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a 2013 Spyder STS and I am looking to get the oem fog lights kit from BRP installed for it. I have the kit but it didn't come with any install instructions :( I was wondering if anyone here can link a source for the instructions for me or if you are local to the Atlanta, GA area know of any good shops that could do it? I tried going to a local dealer already but they want to charge $455 for the install which according to them would entail 4 - 5 hours of labor. Considering I only paid $250 for the parts in the kit itself this seems a bit crazy for me to do that. Would like to attempt it myself with my dad helping me if able but just trying to get all the information I can about it. Thanks in advance!

I put a set on my 2013 ST Limited. They take some time to put in, but you can do it if you are mechanically inclined. I will try to see if I can find the installation instructions but my material is in a different location, give me a week to see if I can find them.

Do you have the heat friendly side scoop? You will need it as the fog lights block off the 2 air scoops in the black plastic pieces in the front.

Jerry

lousd1
02-27-2016, 10:43 AM
Hey Guys,

Where did you get the kit for $250. I have been wanting to add them but always see them for $400, which seems rediculous for lights.

2013 Spyder ST Limited Black Current
stock (so far)

trobbins27
02-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Where did you get the kit for $250. I have been wanting to add them but always see them for $400, which seems rediculous for lights.

2013 Spyder ST Limited Black Current
stock (so far)

found it listed on ebay. Guy said they were new just had been sitting back in storage for a while. I guess maybe they were overstock for him or something.

trobbins27
02-27-2016, 01:26 PM
I put a set on my 2013 ST Limited. They take some time to put in, but you can do it if you are mechanically inclined. I will try to see if I can find the installation instructions but my material is in a different location, give me a week to see if I can find them.

Do you have the heat friendly side scoop? You will need it as the fog lights block off the 2 air scoops in the black plastic pieces in the front.

Jerry

Not sure what you mean by the side scoop? Let me know if you find the instructions :) In the mean time my dad and I are taking the spyder apart to see what we can learn.

spacetiger
02-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Not sure what you mean by the side scoop? Let me know if you find the instructions :) In the mean time my dad and I are taking the spyder apart to see what we can learn.

If it helps, I did the installation mostly without the instructions, so it is intuitive.

On the scoop, there is another factory panel with an air scoop to pull in cool air to get the hot air out from under the body panels. You have to go the dealer to get them.

Jerry

Jared
02-27-2016, 07:39 PM
Check out my video's I uploaded to youtube they might help. Here is a link to the last video, this one should be the most helpful with out showing all the ways to not do things. skip to about 3 minutes into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6_hDd28wY

trobbins27
02-28-2016, 07:55 PM
Check out my video's I uploaded to youtube they might help. Here is a link to the last video, this one should be the most helpful with out showing all the ways to not do things. skip to about 3 minutes into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6_hDd28wY

Yep, saw these on youtube previously, it did offer some helpful suggestions with mounting the light fixture so thank you for that :thumbup: I think now we are just trying to figure out where the relay goes for the switch and that indicator light that came in the kit. I think based on an old thread I saw in here, it hooks up on the left side of the bike under that upper frame that fits under the mirror. One step at a time... I think we have made good progress for not having any instructions that came with the kit :roflblack: I found additional info here.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?65522-Fog-lights-won-t-work

trobbins27
03-01-2016, 04:09 PM
UPDATE:

Just got the fog lights installed today, everything works as it should :yes::ohyea: Thank you everyone for your replies and the great info! This community rocks :2thumbs:

bmccaffrey
03-01-2016, 08:20 PM
Ask Dragonrider..

He's suppose to have a pdf that no onė can get :dontknow:

trobbins27
03-01-2016, 09:12 PM
Ask Dragonrider..

He's suppose to have a pdf that no onė can get :dontknow:

:roflblack: yeah I actually saw that thread... and all the unanswered replies :hun: I was actually able to message the seller I bought it from on ebay and he emailed me a copy (should have tried that in the first place). I guess I should reply on that thread for anyone who still wants one now :doorag:

BamaJohn
03-02-2016, 08:01 AM
Hey Guys,

PM me with your address and I'll mail you a hard copy of the instructions.
jb

trobbins27
03-02-2016, 01:15 PM
PM me with your address and I'll mail you a hard copy of the instructions.
jb

Thanks xwing, I was able to get a digital copy in pdf form :)

pitzerwm
03-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Here is the PDF: http://williampitzer.com/images/foglightinstall.pdf

JCWeatherman
03-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Here is the PDF: http://williampitzer.com/images/foglightinstall.pdf

Thanks for the link. My fog lights are supposed to arrive today. I am planning on installing them tomorrow. These instruction should be very helpful!

:spyder:

Follow up:
I installed my fog lights using the instructions that were supplied with the OEM kit. The instructions were mostly pictures. Before installing them, I watched the videos posted by trobbins27 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/member.php?20541-trobbins27). There is one thing the video points out that is not in the instructions. It is much easier to remove the lights from the brackets. Then mount the brackets and bolt in the lights. Very helpful tip.