PDA

View Full Version : Does Can Am pay for loaners?

Rogue Hawk
02-26-2016, 02:09 PM
My F3 is still in the shop. Its been there for two weeks. Now they tell me they have to get a Can Am technician to fly in and fix it. Does Can Am provide loaner bikes when still under warranty?

rtga
02-26-2016, 02:19 PM
Reply's will come slowly as everyone recovers from laughter :banghead:

Rogue Hawk
02-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Other manufacturers offer that, so its not strange.

Bob Denman
02-26-2016, 02:29 PM
Put some pressure on your Dealer...
As a valued customer; it's in his best interest to keep you happy!
Good Luck! :thumbup:

TEWKS
02-26-2016, 02:34 PM
Wow, that really blows! (Chicago) ;) What seems to be the problem with it? I would think the dealer could or should loan you their demo for at least some of the time you'll have to wait for repairs.

Pat

cuznjohn
02-26-2016, 02:38 PM
the simple answer is no!!!, but if you have a good dealer, he will lend you one

ARtraveler
02-26-2016, 02:46 PM
the simple answer is no!!!, but if you have a good dealer, he will lend you one

:agree: x 2

If you get good results, I would recommend not publishing it. Dealers don't like to get caught up in being expected to do favor X.

Chupaca
02-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Well it's not a loaner if you have to pay for it. But in most cases it has been the dealer helping out with that...:thumbup:

Des
02-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Could you please inform us off what the problem is, I sure all F3 owners would like to know ? Regards Des

Rogue Hawk
02-26-2016, 06:02 PM
They say they replaced the headers whatever and ignition thing-a-ma-bob. But they test rode it and its still not 'working right'. So they are going to fly in a Can Am expert to look it over. A few weeks ago the muffler got really loud and I got a 'Limp Home Mode' error. Imagine what this would cost out of warranty.

Bob Denman
02-26-2016, 06:02 PM
If you get good results, I would recommend not publishing it. Dealers don't like to get caught up in being expected to do favor X.

This DOES pose a bit of a problem... nojoke
We don't like to necessarily hear complaints about a dealer, because there are usually at least two sides to each story...
But it also can make a mess for a dealer, if they're put in an uncomfortable position because they helped someone out... :banghead:
Exactly what is the best thing to do? :dontknow:

SpyderAnn01
02-26-2016, 10:24 PM
Some dealers provide loaners. BRP gave me a loaner after my Spyder went up in flames.

Netminder
02-26-2016, 11:46 PM
My dealer will provide a loaner if they expect that the Spyder will be there for more then a day.:thumbup::thumbup:

PatriotRider
02-27-2016, 12:10 AM
I brought my machine in for a new back tire and a laser alignment at Hattiesburg Powersports. Was treated superbly. The work took half a day and they offered a bike to ride to lunch and run around as a "test drive" suggesting a new F3. I declined based on my wife's hesitation, but might do it next time if offered. I would hate to get the "irrestible fever" for a F3, but I know for my wife and I, my RT-L is the best bike for us.