PDA

View Full Version : JOINING THE 1330 CLUB!!!!

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-23-2016, 08:44 PM
As some of you know, I have been looking at trading up to a 2015 RT S, but have been having a battle of wills with the dealer on trade value for the Beast. Well, the dealer called me today and they accepted my offer. So Thursday morning, first day coming up that it is not supposed to rain, I will be the proud owner of a Pearl White 2015 RT S SM6. When the salesman called me to tell me this morning, I could hear his boss in the background saying "tell him to pick it up quick before I change my mind". Now to do some research on shifting speeds since I am used to the 998. And I get to read a whole new section of the Do's and Dont's.

I went from this :banghead: to this :yes: Can't wait!!

Yes, I know, pictures will follow when I pick her up.

Chupaca
02-23-2016, 08:48 PM
Short wait and you will be all smiles in the wind...:2thumbs: go get the keys and the manual before he changes his mind....:roflblack::roflblack:

JayBros
02-23-2016, 09:54 PM
Read the operator's guide thoroughly too. Keep a PDF copy on your computer as it will save digging in the frunk for the hard copy. There's lots of useful info in it. Congrats, good luck and safe riding!

Ron2andia
02-23-2016, 10:14 PM
:congrats:

4 MARIE
02-23-2016, 11:21 PM
You'll know when to shift once you ride it, I mean, really, you can do 60 in 6th at about 3k....these are torquey
shift when you want, or based on how much you pay-at-the-pump. We're gonna ride "sisters" and I know you'll
love your's too .

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-23-2016, 11:29 PM
Why Thursday? Dose it have to be put together? If thats the case find items you want & work them in to the deal while it is apart - Tri-axes bars, lights or what ever. :congrats:

Thursday is the first day coming up that it wont be raining. Its ready to go but I dont want my first ride to be in the rain and get the soon to be named bike all dirty before my wife sees her. No additions to come. Im not infected with farkelitis. Only thing I see in my future is Rons swaybar, depending on how she handles in the twisties. I tend to try to kill the turns.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-24-2016, 02:31 AM
Short wait and you will be all smiles in the wind...:2thumbs: go get the keys and the manual before he changes his mind....:roflblack::roflblack:

A couple of my friends said the exact same thing. Luckily with the rain, I don't think they will sell it out from under me. What can I say, I'm a trusting soul.

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-24-2016, 02:40 AM
Read the operator's guide thoroughly too. Keep a PDF copy on your computer as it will save digging in the frunk for the hard copy. There's lots of useful info in it. Congrats, good luck and safe riding!

I always read the manual, keep it in my trunk, and a link to the online manual on my phone and IPad. Never know when I will need it. First time I took the Beast for a ride longer than an hour in 2014, I stopped to get gas a 100 miles from home. I fill her up, go to start it, and .....nothing happens. I go to the online manual, and still can't figure it out, but I see something about the kill switch. So it was then that I discovered while filling up, I somehow hit that switch and didn't know it. Luckily I only wasted a half hour, but I was wondering what kind of mistake did I make buying one of these things. The manual saved me that time.

Bob Denman
02-24-2016, 07:36 AM
1330club Always "Think THREE"!

robmorg
02-24-2016, 07:47 AM
As some of you know, I have been looking at trading up to a 2015 RT S, but have been having a battle of wills with the dealer on trade value for the Beast. Well, the dealer called me today and they accepted my offer.
Congratulations on the dealer accepting your deal. I'm sure you feel good about having held out for the deal that you knew was fair. Enjoy the new ride. :thumbup: From the times I've been on a 1330, I can tell you that you will get used to those new shifting patterns very quickly.

But you know we will miss you over here at the 998 club. ;)

Bam Bam and Pebbles
02-24-2016, 08:40 AM
Believe it or not, im gonna miss the 998 Beast too. Ive grown attached to her, but I cant wait til I pick up the soon to be named 2015 RT S. Tomorrow cant come soon enough.

Bob Denman
02-24-2016, 08:46 AM
I know how you feel... :thumbup:
Everything that you loved about your 998; you'll love even more in the 1330...
Everything on your 998 that might have needed "a little bit of attention"; got it! nojoke

ARtraveler
02-24-2016, 12:56 PM
As some of you know, I have been looking at trading up to a 2015 RT S, but have been having a battle of wills with the dealer on trade value for the Beast. Well, the dealer called me today and they accepted my offer. So Thursday morning, first day coming up that it is not supposed to rain, I will be the proud owner of a Pearl White 2015 RT S SM6. When the salesman called me to tell me this morning, I could hear his boss in the background saying "tell him to pick it up quick before I change my mind". Now to do some research on shifting speeds since I am used to the 998. And I get to read a whole new section of the Do's and Dont's.

I went from this :banghead: to this :yes: Can't wait!!

Yes, I know, pictures will follow when I pick her up.

Start by making your shifts in the 3000 - 3500 range. Cruzer Joe will suggest as high as 4000. Don't get caught up with Eco Mode. A good starting point, and you will find your "sweet spot" quickly. Anything over 50 mph and sixth gear cruises fine.

Darren111
02-24-2016, 04:52 PM
Congratulations from the UK on your new Spyder.:yes::yes::yes:

Deanna777
02-24-2016, 06:00 PM
Glad you join the 1330 Club!!!! and :congrats: on your new :spyder2:. Deanna

Ron2andia
02-24-2016, 06:02 PM
:congrats:

ES44AC
02-24-2016, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the club.